View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Yahoo Sports 2014 AFC East Free Agency Grades 

Who do you think signed the best 2014 free agency class in the AFC East?
Buffalo Bills 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Miami Dolphins 46%  46%  [ 6 ]
New England Patriots 46%  46%  [ 6 ]
New York Jets 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 13

Yahoo Sports 2014 AFC East Free Agency Grades 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Yahoo Sports 2014 AFC East Free Agency Grades
Quote:
Miami Dolphins

Re-signing cornerback Brent Grimes was huge, as was retaining defensive tackle Randy Starks. Tackle Branden Albert was the big addition, defensive backs Louis Delmas and Cortland Finnegan can help if healthy, defensive lineman Earl Mitchell replaces Paul Soliai and running back Knowshon Moreno fills a need. All in all, pretty nice work.

Grade: A

Quote:
New England Patriots

The best player to switch teams in free agency was cornerback Darrelle Revis, and New England got him. Anything else was a bonus. They did re-sign receiver Julian Edelman, which was needed, and grabbed receiver Brandon LaFell and cornerback Brandon Browner. Getting Vince Wilfork back on a re-worked deal was good, as well. Go back to Revis, though. They got him. That makes them a free-agency winner.

Grade: A-minus

Quote:
New York Jets

Breno Giacomini replaces Austin Howard at right tackle, Dimitri Patterson replaces Antonio Cromartie at cornerback and Michael Vick replaces Mark buttfumble at quarterback. Seems like a couple lateral moves (at best) and maybe one upgrade if Vick stays healthy. It comes down to how you feel about receiver Eric Decker’s five-year, $36.25 million deal. Considering what the Jets have had at receiver for years, it’s not that bad.

Grade: B-minus

Quote:
Buffalo Bills

When you lose one of the top free agents on the market (safety Jairus Byrd), it’s tough to recover. But some solid signings at linebacker in Brandon Spikes and Keith Rivers help. Giving below-average guard Chris Williams $13.5 million over four years was a bit confusing, however.

Grade: D

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... um=twitter

Cincinnati and Kansas City were the only two teams who received an F grade. Bias aside, I do believe that Miami performed the best in free agency this year in regards to division.

Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:01 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Post Re: Yahoo Sports 2014 AFC East Free Agency Grades
I like what the Dolphins have done in free agency. We ultimately will not know until the season starts. but I like what Miami has done.

Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:27 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

phinsfansc wrote:
I like what the Dolphins have done in free agency. We ultimately will not know until the season starts. but I like what Miami has done.

I agree. The only thing that worries me is Albert's injury history, the 'Fins season could be devastated if he goes down. That's why I have OT, OG, and ILB at the top of Miami's priority list.

I advocate for Hickey to draft Mosley at 19 (if he is still available) before an OT/OG only because I believe he would be the BPA in that situation. If I was a GM, my philosophy would be 80% BPA, 20% need. CJ Mosley fits both, and would be great value at 19.

Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:38 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I love what we've done but I gave it to NE because the Revis/ Browner factor made them so much more dynamic on defense and with Brady on offense? It's reeeeeeeeeeeally tough now

Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:06 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Yay! We won the free agency championship again!

Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:04 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Barring injuries I already like this team better than last year's team. They retained two key defenders, don't have a question mark at left tackle and have a complete running back (not the greatest but offers things the others were lacking).

My biggest concern right now is upgrading the MLB spot. There are enough capable stop gaps for G and RT that can be signed after the draft.

Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:37 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Quote:
Mark buttfumble
:haha

Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]