View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:49 pm



Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Morgan Moses rising 
Author Message
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 6291
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Morgan Moses rising
I don't think Moses is considered a reach anymore for us.

Quote:
Virginia T Morgan Moses is now Scouts Inc. draft analyst Todd McShay's No. 14 overall prospect.
Moses easily jumped the most spots, as he was previously listed at No. 32 overall. "Moses is an effective run-blocker, with good quickness and finishing ability and only really needing to work on his balance, but where he really stands out is as a pass protector." Moses faced some very good rushers in Vic Beasley, Jeremiah Attaochu and Kyle Van Noy, but fared quite well against each opponent.


Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:51 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21592
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Morgan Moses rising
What I don't get is why guys rise and fall so much since the college football season has been over for months...

I don't buy that these guys are rising or falling that much for teams, just the analysts. Unless of course a guy has off the field or injury issues that come out after the college season or before the draft.

_________________
Image


Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:11 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 5839
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: Morgan Moses rising
I saw people talking about him a month ago at pick 19. Miami took his teammate/linemate to dinner and the guy said Moses was part of the conversation. Lazor has familiarity with the kid. Every analyst I've read says you see nice improvement every year from him. He fills a huge need.

Anyone who says he's a reach I'd ask how are you basing that claim? Have you watched all of his games or are you going off of what you read on ESPN, NFL, CBS, etc.?

He shouldn't be ruled out.


Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:24 pm
Profile
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 8939
Location: Raleigh, NC
Post Re: Morgan Moses rising
Good. The more that jump up in the rankings makes the legit drop down to us.

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:11 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 6291
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: Morgan Moses rising
Teams study the film on these guys in great detail in March and April and can change their minds from their initial evaluations of a player. Can he handle a bull rush? Can he hold up on the left side or just the right side? Did he handle speed rushers well in college? Is his arm length adequate for the NFL. All these things make a lineman rise and fall.


Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:13 am
Profile
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 6552
Post Re: Morgan Moses rising
What I don't get is why guys rise and fall so much since the college football season has been over for months...


Lol..no doubt.


Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:08 am
Profile
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 8939
Location: Raleigh, NC
Post Re: Morgan Moses rising
So, here's ESPN's rankings of the top Offensive Tackles in the draft. Based on their rankings, it would be a reach to draft Moses at #19. If the Dolphins want him, they should trade down in the 1st round or trade up in the 2nd round to get him. As much as we need an OT, it would be Jerry Jonish to overdraft him.

Image

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/positions/_/id/46

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:33 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:01 pm
Posts: 465
Post Re: Morgan Moses rising
Pray that we can trade down with Cleveland and at the earliest take him at 26 and thats the earliest


Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:53 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:49 pm
Posts: 1282
Location: Charlotte, NC
Post Re: Morgan Moses rising
Doubt if Cleveland will be willing to give up their 26th & 36th picks to move to 19. If their willing to give up their 2nd, they can move lower than 19th. Anyway, I like moving back in the first and getting Calvin Pryor SS Louisville. I don't know how long we can depend on Delmas + he only signed a one year deal. Jones was very inconsistent last year, another year like that and he'll be cut.


Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:01 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:01 pm
Posts: 465
Post Re: Morgan Moses rising
shularino wrote:
Doubt if Cleveland will be willing to give up their 26th & 36th picks to move to 19. If their willing to give up their 2nd, they can move lower than 19th. Anyway, I like moving back in the first and getting Calvin Pryor SS Louisville. I don't know how long we can depend on Delmas + he only signed a one year deal. Jones was very inconsistent last year, another year like that and he'll be cut.

Not thinking about the 35th pick unless another team really wants Derek Carr and is willing to move up and give a better offer. Now remember we gave up the 1st and the 40 something pick last year just go to #2 so the 26th and 35th pick when they have an extra second and a couple 3rd rounders for your franchise qb is no doubt worht it but im only thinking about the 26th, a 3rd and a 5th which from what i remember is less then what THE Vikings gave up for a late 20s pick for patterson last year so it's possible


Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:15 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:57 am
Posts: 4760
Location: Houston, Texas
Post Re: Morgan Moses rising
I wish Taylor Lewan would fall to number 19.


Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:42 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Post Re: Morgan Moses rising
Finhead34 wrote:
I wish Taylor Lewan would fall to number 19.


I agree, that would be a great deal for the Dolphins. Lewan is going to be a great lineman for somebody. But I just don't see it happening. If we do get Lewan, we'll likley have to trade up for him. Personally, if the Dolphins wanted to trade up a handful of spots and give up a 4th to do it, I'd like that move. If it took a 3rd to move up, I'd still be ok with that. But I don't want to see us give up anything more than that. But again, I just don't see it happening.

Long story short, Moses is the guy I picked a long time ago to be our starting right tackle. I think he's the best fit. He's very similar to Albert when he was coming out of college (besides the obvious Virginia connection). In addition, Lazor was the offensive coordinator at Virginia for most of Moses' college career. If the kid is worth the pick, then we'll likely take him because of our inside knowledge. It's very similar to when we took Tannehill because Sherman was our offensive coordinator at the time and he had the inside scoop.


Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:06 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:01 pm
Posts: 465
Post Re: Morgan Moses rising
The Dolphins have "told people they like" Michigan OT Michael Schofield.
Fellow tackle Taylor Lewan stole all the pub, but Michigan's right-side protector is an impressive prospect in his own right who shouldn't be forgotten. ESPN's Mel Kiper called Schofield underrated: "I think maybe round three, round four. Michael Schofield can be a starting right tackle in this league." Miami also reportedly likes Taylor Lewan.
from Rotoworld and to me this means that the draft is deeper at tackle and maybe the Phins are targeting only Lewan and if not they have backup plans


Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:54 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 6291
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: Morgan Moses rising
I've been a fan of Schofield since I saw him dominate the Senior Bowl practices. Would love to draft him.


Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:12 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:01 pm
Posts: 465
Post Re: Morgan Moses rising
Either the Dolphins are sending smoke signals like crazy now or its really bpa for the 1st pick


Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:22 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Post Re: Morgan Moses rising
swerve13 wrote:
I've been a fan of Schofield since I saw him dominate the Senior Bowl practices. Would love to draft him.


I'm not as high on him as others, but if he were available in the 5th or 6th round, I think he would provide us with some value. He has the NFL frame and the Michigan pedigree, but right now he lacks the ideal mobility to pull or get to the second level and that could be problematic trying to adapt to our scheme.

As far as right tackle prospects go, I'm huge on either trading up for Taylor Lewan, or staying put/trading back and taking Morgan Moses. Either of those two have what it takes to be long term solutions at RT, and possibly the upside to be excellent LTs after Albert leaves.


Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:50 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21592
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Morgan Moses rising
.

_________________
Image


Last edited by Rich on Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.



Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:34 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 6291
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: Morgan Moses rising
Quote:
When asked which draft prospect has elevated their stock that he might have missed the first time around, NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock mentioned Virginia T Morgan Moses.
Moses didn't test well at the combine, and he doesn't have a great body, but Mayock loves his game tape, a sentiment echoed by Houston SportsTalk 790 hosts Adam Clanton and Lance Zierlein. It's not hard to see why the footage swayed them: Moses succeeded against top-notch rushers such as Vic Beasley, Jeremiah Attaochu and Kyle Van Noy.


Source: Houston SportsTalk 790


Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:46 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 6291
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: Morgan Moses rising
Rich wrote:
What I don't get is why guys rise and fall so much since the college football season has been over for months...

I don't buy that these guys are rising or falling that much for teams, just the analysts. Unless of course a guy has off the field or injury issues that come out after the college season or before the draft.



Apparently they are constantly analyzing and evaluating right up until the draft

Quote:
Scouts Inc.'s Kevin Weidl knows of one team that is giving scouts a week off prior to the draft due to the event being held at a later date than usual.
"The draft is still over a month away. Process is too drawn out," Weidl tweeted, noting the team feared over analysis from their evaluators. Many teams hate to sit on their hands. In fact, many will even be watching tape the morning of each draft day to find any differences between possible selections.


Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:55 am
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21592
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Morgan Moses rising
I didn't say teams weren't analyzing up until the draft. I said I don't believe the draft analyst hype of players rising or falling too far up or down.

_________________
Image


Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:04 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 6291
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: Morgan Moses rising
well here is what you said:

Quote:
I don't buy that these guys are rising or falling that much for teams


but teams are constantly evaluating and adjusting their boards.


Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:22 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 1856
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
Post Re: Morgan Moses rising
There is no guarantee that he slides this far, but I'd go for CJ Mosley @19, and trade up in the 2nd for Morgan Moses. It's a big gamble, and a high risk, high reward type scenario. Hickey will not draft Moses at 19, that would be criminal.

_________________
Image


Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:41 am
Profile
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 12:31 pm
Posts: 85
Post Re: Morgan Moses rising
swerve13 wrote:
Quote:
When asked which draft prospect has elevated their stock that he might have missed the first time around, NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock mentioned Virginia T Morgan Moses.
Moses didn't test well at the combine, and he doesn't have a great body, but Mayock loves his game tape, a sentiment echoed by Houston SportsTalk 790 hosts Adam Clanton and Lance Zierlein. It's not hard to see why the footage swayed them: Moses succeeded against top-notch rushers such as Vic Beasley, Jeremiah Attaochu and Kyle Van Noy.


Source: Houston SportsTalk 790


OK so 6'6" and 324lbs with long arms isn't a great body for a RT?


Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:15 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 5839
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: Morgan Moses rising
I think guys are graded by round early on and the evaluations at this point are to set an order for 3 to 4 guys you are considering for a specific pick.

Not sure how a tackle prospect who teams have been watching for years suddenly goes from late 2nd/early 3rd rounder to a top 15 pick in a month's time span. I can understand how an analyst with a small staff may discover a guy later in the game, but NFL teams have scouts monitoring every college team. I tend to agree that there isn't a dramatic shift in a player's draft stock unless you have an exception like Manziel where an interview can shift him up or down a couple of rounds.


Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:33 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 6291
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: Morgan Moses rising
D.J. Hayden came out of nowhere in the final weeks leading up to the draft last year and got picked 13th overall. So it happens. Happens every year. I also remember corner Shawne Spencer a few years back flying up into round 2 range right before the draft was held, and wasn't even ranked prior to that.

Same goes for Bruce Irvin. For months he was widely considered a 4th or 5th round pick, then he caught some buzz from a late workout.....rumors had him vaulting into a possible 1st rounder, and low and behold the Seahawks took him in the 1st round.
The same thing is happening to Pittsburgh QB Tom Savage right now. After rewatching game tape of the guy teams started to realize he has elite pro abilities but played in a poor situation his entire college career. Had a transfer and then played behind an atrocious line. So game tape and college success only has so much to do with how a player projects to the next level.

Quote:
ESPN's Todd McShay said on the "First Draft" podcast that Pittsburgh QB Tom Savage "could be a second-round pick" and "definitely projects as a Day 2 pick."
And just like that, a prospect once thought of as a late Day 3 selection or possibly even a UDFA has moved solidly onto the Day 2 line. NFL.com's Bucky Brooks argued on Monday that Savage should be picked no higher than Day 3 (Rounds 4-7) and enter the NFL as a No. 3 QB, but Savage has too much momentum behind him to last that long.
Source: ESPN's First Draft Podcast


Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:29 am
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21592
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Morgan Moses rising
swerve13 wrote:
well here is what you said:

Quote:
I don't buy that these guys are rising or falling that much for teams


but teams are constantly evaluating and adjusting their boards.


Notice the qualifying words "that much".

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:05 am
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21592
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Morgan Moses rising
swerve13 wrote:
D.J. Hayden came out of nowhere in the final weeks leading up to the draft last year and got picked 13th overall. So it happens. Happens every year. I also remember corner Shawne Spencer a few years back flying up into round 2 range right before the draft was held, and wasn't even ranked prior to that.

Same goes for Bruce Irvin. For months he was widely considered a 4th or 5th round pick, then he caught some buzz from a late workout.....rumors had him vaulting into a possible 1st rounder, and low and behold the Seahawks took him in the 1st round.
The same thing is happening to Pittsburgh QB Tom Savage right now. After rewatching game tape of the guy teams started to realize he has elite pro abilities but played in a poor situation his entire college career. Had a transfer and then played behind an atrocious line. So game tape and college success only has so much to do with how a player projects to the next level.

Quote:
ESPN's Todd McShay said on the "First Draft" podcast that Pittsburgh QB Tom Savage "could be a second-round pick" and "definitely projects as a Day 2 pick."
And just like that, a prospect once thought of as a late Day 3 selection or possibly even a UDFA has moved solidly onto the Day 2 line. NFL.com's Bucky Brooks argued on Monday that Savage should be picked no higher than Day 3 (Rounds 4-7) and enter the NFL as a No. 3 QB, but Savage has too much momentum behind him to last that long.
Source: ESPN's First Draft Podcast


McShay and Brooks are analysts... so back to my comment about analyst hype.

As for Hayden, his measureables from workouts made teams think twice about his prior health concerns. Again, I'll point you to my original comment about injury issues. My point with that is that there were out of the norm circumstances creating uncertain about the value of his pick.

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:09 am
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 5839
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: Morgan Moses rising
swerve13 wrote:
D.J. Hayden came out of nowhere in the final weeks leading up to the draft last year and got picked 13th overall. So it happens. Happens every year. I also remember corner Shawne Spencer a few years back flying up into round 2 range right before the draft was held, and wasn't even ranked prior to that.

Same goes for Bruce Irvin. For months he was widely considered a 4th or 5th round pick, then he caught some buzz from a late workout.....rumors had him vaulting into a possible 1st rounder, and low and behold the Seahawks took him in the 1st round.
The same thing is happening to Pittsburgh QB Tom Savage right now. After rewatching game tape of the guy teams started to realize he has elite pro abilities but played in a poor situation his entire college career. Had a transfer and then played behind an atrocious line. So game tape and college success only has so much to do with how a player projects to the next level.

Quote:
ESPN's Todd McShay said on the "First Draft" podcast that Pittsburgh QB Tom Savage "could be a second-round pick" and "definitely projects as a Day 2 pick."
And just like that, a prospect once thought of as a late Day 3 selection or possibly even a UDFA has moved solidly onto the Day 2 line. NFL.com's Bucky Brooks argued on Monday that Savage should be picked no higher than Day 3 (Rounds 4-7) and enter the NFL as a No. 3 QB, but Savage has too much momentum behind him to last that long.
Source: ESPN's First Draft Podcast


But this is analyst stuff. It is impossible to tell which draft grade these guys were given by actual teams. I don't know how an offseason workout changes things that much. Wouldn't the scouts be able to dissect these things during the season while reviewing games or an early January doing a comprehensive study?

Case and point Ryan Tannehill. Prior to him being drafted Jeff Ireland said he had been watching Tannehill for 2 years and really liked him, almost admitted he wanted him as a high draft pick. All of the pro day, interviews etc. was probably just to solidify that assigned grade.

I can see situations where a QB looks dynamic on film but stinks in an interview dropping him from potential starter to multi-year project aka Ryan Mallett. I'm guessing that is more the exception than the rule.


Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:33 am
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21592
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Morgan Moses rising
jammer wrote:
But this is analyst stuff. It is impossible to tell which draft grade these guys were given by actual teams. I don't know how an offseason workout changes things that much. Wouldn't the scouts be able to dissect these things during the season while reviewing games or an early January doing a comprehensive study?

Case and point Ryan Tannehill. Prior to him being drafted Jeff Ireland said he had been watching Tannehill for 2 years and really liked him, almost admitted he wanted him as a high draft pick. All of the pro day, interviews etc. was probably just to solidify that assigned grade.

I can see situations where a QB looks dynamic on film but stinks in an interview dropping him from potential starter to multi-year project aka Ryan Mallett. I'm guessing that is more the exception than the rule.


Thank you for expanding on my point. And by the way, Mallet was off the field stuff.

And some teams never even put certain players on their boards, other teams prefer a guy projected as a 2nd rounder and have him rated higher.

All this rising and falling stuff is analyst hype.

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:49 am
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 5839
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: Morgan Moses rising
Rich wrote:
Thank you for expanding on my point. And by the way, Mallet was off the field stuff.

And some teams never even put certain players on their boards, other teams prefer a guy projected as a 2nd rounder and have him rated higher.

All this rising and falling stuff is analyst hype.


Right, the word on Mallett was he came off cocky in interviews and his immaturity off the field made teams hesitant. I could see the reverse happening for Manziel.

I can understand skill positions being heavily effected by interviews and white board play discussion. There are a lot of things a WR and CB can get away with in college on skills alone that won't happen when they face better competition.

With all of this said, I still like Morgan Moses and wouldn't be kicking and screaming if Miami took him at 19.


Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:18 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 6291
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: Morgan Moses rising
People are gonna believe what they want to believe. But teams are constantly adjusting their boards.


Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:26 am
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21592
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Morgan Moses rising
swerve13 wrote:
People are gonna believe what they want to believe. But teams are constantly adjusting their boards.


It also seems like people are going to interpret what they want to interpret from what someone else wrote or said...

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:04 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:01 pm
Posts: 465
Post Re: Morgan Moses rising
Rich wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
People are gonna believe what they want to believe. But teams are constantly adjusting their boards.


It also seems like people are going to interpret what they want to interpret from what someone else wrote or said...

Like that it's a lock Zach Martin or that UCLA guard is coming here smh. I swear I have more respect then ever for Omar Kelly because he's the only person that talks about how we need an ilb and the only person that's saying that we can draft our lineman later on in the draft


Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:16 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 1856
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
Post Re: Morgan Moses rising
ag_fin_90 wrote:
I swear I have more respect then ever for Omar Kelly because he's the only person that talks about how we need an ilb and the only person that's saying that we can draft our lineman later on in the draft


I've been saying that even before him, doesn't take a lot of connecting the dots to figure that out as a valid option to explore high on the draft board. Omar Kelly sucks. I am extremely surprised that he is still employed in this PC society we live in after the BS he has spewed on Twitter over the years.

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:34 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21592
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Morgan Moses rising
Yes, Omar Kelly is terrible.

Don't disagree with the guy, even intelligently. He is better than you.

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:35 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:01 pm
Posts: 465
Post Re: Morgan Moses rising
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
ag_fin_90 wrote:
I swear I have more respect then ever for Omar Kelly because he's the only person that talks about how we need an ilb and the only person that's saying that we can draft our lineman later on in the draft


I've been saying that even before him, doesn't take a lot of connecting the dots to figure that out as a valid option to explore high on the draft board. Omar Kelly sucks. I am extremely surprised that he is still employed in this PC society we live in after the BS he has spewed on Twitter over the years.

He's also been right about many things and gives very good insight. The problem most have with him (and not trying to go off track on this thread) is that he speaks his mind and is controversial to some because of it. Everyone who follows his twitter knows he's very opinionated, speaks on many things, is an entertaining follow, very knowledgable, but as butt clown qualities. Some can handle it and some cant but me? I respect that he's been in the business for a while, is honest and knows the Dolphins as much as anybody so im a fan


Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:51 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21592
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Morgan Moses rising
ag_fin_90 wrote:
The problem most have with him


Is that if you disagree with him, he talks down to you, insults your intelligence and blocks you from his Twitter account.

He's not a professional.

He also lacks credibility.

We had him on our radio show once. He said, on the show, that Ronnie Brown didn't have that "IT" factor he loves to talk about. That he would never be special.

The season Ronnie Brown started running the Wildcat, he wrote an article about how he always felt Ronnie was a special back.

This is a common theme with Omar. Keep reading his blogs, articles and twitter. Soon enough, you'll figure it out.

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:18 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:01 pm
Posts: 465
Post Re: Morgan Moses rising
Rich wrote:
ag_fin_90 wrote:
The problem most have with him


Is that if you disagree with him, he talks down to you, insults your intelligence and blocks you from his Twitter account.

He's not a professional.

He also lacks credibility.

We had him on our radio show once. He said, on the show, that Ronnie Brown didn't have that "IT" factor he loves to talk about. That he would never be special.

The season Ronnie Brown started running the Wildcat, he wrote an article about how he always felt Ronnie was a special back.

This is a common theme with Omar. Keep reading his blogs, articles and twitter. Soon enough, you'll figure it out.

I've read him for a while and yes he's wrong at times and then he corrects himself. If you talk as much as he does and people follow him they'll see when he makes mistakes but many coacjhes, gms and fans make the same mistakes themselves. Now as far as his credibility and professionalism I mean if you feel that way ok but I see it differently especially when he's been a columnist for a long time and I personally through his good and bad moments respect his work so I mean I think that speaks volumes but that's your opinion


Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:27 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 5839
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: Morgan Moses rising
Omar Kelly tries hard, I'll give him that. But he is incredibly condescending and dismissive of people who disagree with him, not just on football either.

The two guys I've seen talked up the most lately for the 19th pick are Mosley and Pryor.


Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:35 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21592
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Morgan Moses rising
ag_fin_90 wrote:
I've read him for a while and yes he's wrong at times and then he corrects himself. If you talk as much as he does and people follow him they'll see when he makes mistakes but many coacjhes, gms and fans make the same mistakes themselves. Now as far as his credibility and professionalism I mean if you feel that way ok but I see it differently especially when he's been a columnist for a long time and I personally through his good and bad moments respect his work so I mean I think that speaks volumes but that's your opinion


You've been following him for a long time and you haven't seen how he treats people who disagree with him?

I find that very hard to believe. Him condescending to people and blocking them from his Twitter is almost a daily occurence.

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:49 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.