View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Phins sign WR Damian Williams 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Post Re: Phins sign WR Damian Williams
Not the tune you were singing last yr when Miami signed him.

Well, opinions change, I was wrong about him. Hopefully I'm wrong about Williams.

Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:25 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Makchell wrote:
Well, opinions change, I was wrong about him. Hopefully I'm wrong about Williams.
Why are you so quick to pull the "He is garbage" card? No one is saying Miami signed the next great stud WR. Just he had a good skill set coming into the NFL & maybe he just did not fit well with what Tenn was wanting to do.

Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:36 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Dphins4me wrote:
Makchell wrote:
Why are you so quick to pull the "He is garbage" card? No one is saying Miami signed the next great stud WR. Just he had a good skill set coming into the NFL & maybe he just did not fit well with what Tenn was wanting to do.

The thing is he put up solid numbers with them for 2 years with a garbage qb and then Locker came in and they wanted to bring in bigger wrs which took him out of the mix. Also they were still a run first team so that team was just terrible and him not being great doesnt help. As a 5th wr who can return kicks i like it

Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:42 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Dphins4me wrote:
Was not comparing between the two. I said getting more targets. Meaning he was getting looked to more often himself.

You were talking about Hartline and his targets and then jumped to Gibson and his targets in the same paragraph but you weren't comparing them?

Then it what other possible context were you talking about Gibson getting "more" targets? More targets than what exactly?

You're not being very clear.

Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:22 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Why are you so quick to pull the "He is garbage" card?

This what he is right now until he proves otherwise. His own team didn't resign him, there was no bidding war for him. He is camp fodder, plain and simple. Why do you care so much about my opinion? Do you know the guy or something? lol...

Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:49 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:
Why are you so quick to pull the "He is garbage" card?

This what he is right now until he proves otherwise. His own team didn't resign him, there was no bidding war for him. He is camp fodder, plain and simple. Why do you care so much about my opinion? Do you know the guy or something? lol...

I look at it like this .... if the Jets picked him up I don't think you'd be seeing any nice things said whatsoever about Williams. LOL

Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:26 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rich wrote:
You were talking about Hartline and his targets and then jumped to Gibson and his targets in the same paragraph but you weren't comparing them?

Then it what other possible context were you talking about Gibson getting "more" targets? More targets than what exactly?

You're not being very clear.

Maybe I was not 100% clear. Shoot me for not spelling it out & closing any loopholes to where someone could not spin my comments in order to win a message board discussion.

I'll take the defeat. Congrats. :pumpiron:

Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:39 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Makchell wrote:

This what he is right now until he proves otherwise. His own team didn't resign him, there was no bidding war for him..He is camp fodder, plain and simple.

So either he has either produced or not produced.

Makchell wrote:
Why do you care so much about my opinion? Do you know the guy or something? lol...
Care would be a really wrong word. Curiosity would be the better word as to why you believe players cannot be talented, but just in the wrong system.

I just not getting the everyone is camp fodder if 31 other NFL teams re not fighting over him.

Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:45 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Care would be a really wrong word. Curiosity would be the better word as to why you believe players cannot be talented, but just in the wrong system.

Again, hopefully your right and he becomes a #2 or #3 for us.

I just not getting the everyone is camp fodder if 31 other NFL teams re not fighting over him.

Well, if he talented or needs a new system other teams would be going after him. It's logical, right? What is right now on the FIns? I say camp fodder. The fins are working out all kinds of recievers before the draft. If they thought highly of him, they can draft another position. We have 7 or 8 wrs on the roster right now and are still looking. I am connecting the dots, camp fodder, that's it.

Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:40 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Makchell wrote:
Again, hopefully your right and he becomes a #2 or #3 for us.
I do not know what I would be right about.

Makchell wrote:
Well, if he talented or needs a new system other teams would be going after him. It's logical, right?
Good teams see talent & contributors when lesser teams do not.

Makchell wrote:
What is right now on the FIns? I say camp fodder. The fins are working out all kinds of recievers before the draft. If they thought highly of him, they can draft another position. We have 7 or 8 wrs on the roster right now and are still looking. I am connecting the dots, camp fodder, that's it.
Maybe they are wanting teams to think they are checking out WR in order for teams to jump ahead of them & draft one, leaving another position for them to take. Who knows why. Teams check out players they have no chance or no interest in drafting for future reference.

Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:07 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I do not know what I would be right about.

I personally feel Williams has a good chance at producing similar numbers as Hartline, but at a fraction of the cost. From you, Scot.

If he puts up numbers like Hartline he would #2 WR, so again, I hope you are right, but I doubt it, he's camp fodder.

Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:26 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Makchell wrote:
I personally feel Williams has a good chance at producing similar numbers as Hartline, but at a fraction of the cost. From you, Scot.

Thanks. I was not sure what you were referencing. Good chance does not mean I said he will.

Makchell wrote:
If he puts up numbers like Hartline he would #2 WR, so again, I hope you are right, but I doubt it, he's camp fodder.

Basically no way would he be the No. 2 this yr outside Hartline being injured. Coaches are notoriously scared of the unknown, so even if he produces in preseason/training camp, it will not happen.

Makchell wrote:
I hope you are right, but I doubt it, he's camp fodder.
I get the feeling to you the NFL draft should only be 1 Rd, because if every team passes on you then you must not be any good.

BTW, Miami paid him more than the vet min for a 4 yr player. Usually players the team considers simple camp fodder does not get more than the min.

Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:42 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I really don't get the criticism I see on Brian Hartline. He's been our best receiver the past two years as he is smart enough to find the soft spots in any defense and catches the tough pass. I think he'd have Welker-type stats if he played at New England.

Damian Williams? I'm not sure if he makes our roster if all are healthy.

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:39 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
I really don't get the criticism I see on Brian Hartline. He's been our best receiver the past two years as he is smart enough to find the soft spots in any defense and catches the tough pass. I think he'd have Welker-type stats if he played at New England.

Damian Williams? I'm not sure if he makes our roster if all are healthy.

Hartline wouldn't have Welker-like stats because he's not a Welker-type receiver. He's predominantly a side-line runner and as a No.2 he'll never approach those 110+ reception seasons. He can't even catch TD's consistently nor is he a shifty guy. Hell as a No.1 receiver last year he only put up 74 receptions.

He's simply a blue collar guy who plays above his talent level and has good chemistry with Tanny.

Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:58 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I get the feeling to you the NFL draft should only be 1 Rd, because if every team passes on you then you must not be any good.

Well your feeling is wrong.

Good chance does not mean I said he will.

You are splitting hairs here. Good chance. He will. He will not. Who cares?

Coaches are notoriously scared of the unknown, so even if he produces in preseason/training camp, it will not happen.

I don't agree with this at all. You can either play or you can't. If he is outperforming everyone in camp and has a lights out preseason, he will play.

Usually players the team considers simple camp fodder does not get more than the min.

I guess we will see. Anyway, I'm done with Williams. Nice civil debate. "Talk" to you later Scot.

Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:30 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Rock Sexton wrote:
Hartline wouldn't have Welker-like stats because he's not a Welker-type receiver. He's predominantly a side-line runner and as a No.2 he'll never approach those 110+ reception seasons.

Yep, something tells me you would have said similar things about Welker pre-New England. Grant it that they are different type of receivers, I think their stats would have still be close to the same at NE as Hartline would have been used more effectively.

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:43 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
Yep, something tells me you would have said similar things about Welker pre-New England. Grant it that they are different type of receivers, I think their stats would have still be close to the same at NE as Hartline would have been used more effectively.

Keep in mind who was throwing Wes the ball while he was here.

Honestly I think it's more of a "white" thing. Every time a decent white receiver's value is brought up "if he were on NE" people inevitably force the Wes Welker comparison.

Not seeing it at all. Wes Welker is 20 times the receiver Hartline is and at a fraction of the size.

Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2