All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 3:40 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Here's hoping for some consistency in our front office for a change.

Quote:
If anything, this analysis speaks to the cost of front-office turnover. The mandate of a quick turnaround belies everyone's top goal. Building through the draft will always be preferable, but it takes years to approach the accomplishments of the best in the league.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/ ... raft-picks

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 3:51 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

With the exception of the 49ers, the top 6 teams have had their HC's in place for 6 - Beleihick years. It may be wise for Hickey to pick the best (most talented) players available..........even if he he hits dead on with what the coaches want, it's likely these guys will be playing under a new coaching staff next year.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 3:54 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Hmm... neither of the Superbowl participants are in the top 10.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 4:26 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Rich wrote:

The Broncos are selling the farm under Manning, but valid point for the Hawks.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 6:55 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Yep, bu they both have QBs.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 9:00 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

We're not doing too bad.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 10:45 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:

This chart is next to useless. All it shows is that the number of draft picks on your team is irrelevant to success. The Broncos, Panthers, Saints, and Colts all made the playoffs last year despite being near the bottom of this list.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 12:29 am 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

wkloiber13 wrote:
Rich wrote:

This chart is next to useless. All it shows is that the number of draft picks on your team is irrelevant to success. The Broncos, Panthers, Saints, and Colts all made the playoffs last year despite being near the bottom of this list.

Its about QB. Three of those teams have top five QB's then Newton who I would take, sorry Tanny.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 12:56 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

MiamiSteve wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:
Rich wrote:

Its about QB. Three of those teams have top five QB's then Newton who I would take, sorry Tanny.

Newton is good, but in my opinion he certainly is not elite by any stretch of the imagination. The Carolina defense is just as responsible for that playoff run as Cam Newton. In fact, I don't think Newton is that far ahead of Tannehill right now. If Tannehill takes another step forward like he did last year, I think he could surpass Newton this year. Remember, they threw for the same number of touchdowns and their completion percentage was only 1% apart. Additionally, Tannehill threw for more yards, first downs, and completed more big plays (20+ and 40+).

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 1:01 am 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

did anybody watch the NFL live mock draft on NFL network, where Mayock runs the draft and ex-coaches and players make picks. Eisen was in charge of Miami and he picked Kouandjio and Mayock agreed with him saying he thinks Miami almost has to go with him at 19. But he said Miami is the likliest team to want to trade down and that we could find a trade partner with the 49ers. They would owe us 255 points in trade. probably the 3rd rounder(77) and a 4th (129).

They also discussed whether Shazier could play middle in the NFL, there was some doubt. Called him a will linebacker in a 43.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 1:12 am 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Has to take him? Have we missed something?

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 1:39 am 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

MiamiSteve wrote:
Has to take him? Have we missed something?

Those guys and most other draftniks believe our line is still in shambles, and they are actually right about that. I guess they believe wholeheartedly that Cyrus is the best tackle available after the top 4 are gone. That was their thinking.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 1:52 am 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

LOL, these guys are cracking me up trying to predict each draft slot, (Mayock, Eisen, Jeremiah and Charles Davis) they all said its close to impossible this year after the top 3 or 4 picks and they're right. There are just way too many scenarios and domino effects in this draft. I feel confident in about 3 or 4 picks in my mock draft, thats it.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 6:20 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

swerve13 wrote:
But he said Miami is the likliest team to want to trade down and that we could find a trade partner with the 49ers. They would owe us 255 points in trade. probably the 3rd rounder(77) and a 4th (129).

The Raiders showed us last year that some teams are willing to take a little less than market value to move down and gain another draft pick.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 8:10 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

swerve13 wrote:
did anybody watch the NFL live mock draft on NFL network, where Mayock runs the draft and ex-coaches and players make picks. Eisen was in charge of Miami and he picked Kouandjio and Mayock agreed with him saying he thinks Miami almost has to go with him at 19. But he said Miami is the likliest team to want to trade down and that we could find a trade partner with the 49ers. They would owe us 255 points in trade. probably the 3rd rounder(77) and a 4th (129).

They also discussed whether Shazier could play middle in the NFL, there was some doubt. Called him a will linebacker in a 43.

Hasn't it been pointed out numerous times that Kouandjio is not a scheme fit and is more of a left tackle? I thought these guys were "experts"? I could sit there and simply take a big name if that is all of the analysis they choose to put into it.

Did they not watch Wheeler play last year? He was losing snaps to Jelani Jenkins by the end. Wouldn't Shazier offer a potential upgrade there?

Someone else pointed out that Tyson Clabo graded out pretty well over the last few games of the season and he even admitted once he mastered the system his play improved. Wouldn't re-signing him for a year, drafting a groomable RT prospect and adding a TE who can block be a better formula than reaching for a guy at 19?

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:46 am 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

swerve13 wrote:

Was fun to watch, but Mayock is always such a prick. Michael Irvin was looking like he was going to strangle him.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:23 am 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

I like that Mayock was trying to make them think from a GM level, and look at needs and tendencies of teams.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:24 am 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

I know that 'we' here don't think much of Cyrus, but there are many in the draft world that think alot of him.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 12:37 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

swerve13 wrote:
I know that 'we' here don't think much of Cyrus, but there are many in the draft world that think alot of him.

If he isn't a scheme fit, F' 'em. I'm tired of Miami drafting players that are green horns to the schemes we run. It seems like they always draft players with hobbling injuries, and players who aren't fit to excell in the offensive/defensive schemes we run. If you want to win games, cater to your players' strengths...not the other way around.

Last edited by AFCMiamiEast on Wed May 07, 2014 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 12:47 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

swerve13 wrote:

A lot of scouts thought he was better than Fluker the year before last, but he was not as dominant last year. He's dropped in the rankings this year due to his arthritic knees.

I'd much rather have Morgan Moses who excels in both pass and run blocking.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 12:58 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Big Dave wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

A lot of scouts thought he was better than Fluker the year before last, but he was not as dominant last year. He's dropped in the rankings this year due to his arthritic knees.

I'd much rather have Morgan Moses who excels in both pass and run blocking.

I also like Moses and James more than Cyrus

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]