Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 
 Post subject: possible Glennon trade
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 1:00 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

I hope we don't do it.

Quote:
Former Bucs personnel man and new Dolphins GM Dennis Hickey reportedly advocated drafting Mike Glennon.
The Miami Herald is connecting the dots as they suggest a possible trade. Current backup Matt Moore is scheduled to count $5.5 million against the cap, while Glennon's 2014 cap number is just $705,000. The Bucs are reportedly seeking a second-round pick for Glennon, but they'll have to settle for less if they expect to get a deal done.
Related: Dolphins, Matt Moore
Source: Miami Herald

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 1:02 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

I wouldn't consider it for anything higher than a 4th.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 1:28 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Not happening...Moore has better trade value as far as I'm concerned...2nd round pick???

:)

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 1:30 pm 

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Not happening...Moore has better trade value as far as I'm concerned...2nd round pick???

:)

Matt Moore is a career journeyman. Mike Glennon is coming off a pretty decent rookie season.

I agree a 2nd is high, but... there is more value in a player like Glennon.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 1:33 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Does anyone else here think that Glennon looks like this guy?

Guess not...

Last edited by AFCMiamiEast on Thu May 08, 2014 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 1:35 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

I'd consider a 4th or 5th for Glennon. He looked pretty solid last year and it would be nice to have some young competition. Nothing wrong with putting a little pressure on 17.

Would be even better if you could then trade Moore to a team for a 5th or 6th rounder. Recoup a pick and cut some salary, get younger.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 2:05 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Glennon is young, had decent stats and a very cheap contract. Shouldn't it raise huge red flags that he is being made available? There have already been questions about his mental makeup and leadership ability. If Miami is using a mid round pick on a QB I want it to be on a guy who pushes Tannehill and commands a huddle.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 2:09 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
Glennon is young, had decent stats and a very cheap contract. Shouldn't it raise huge red flags that he is being made available? There have already been questions about his mental makeup and leadership ability. If Miami is using a mid round pick on a QB I want it to be on a guy who pushes Tannehill and commands a huddle.

This is a new regime Dan, as the personnel and HC that drafted Glennon are gone. I don't see Miami trading for Glennon. The Dolphins are trying to get more picks.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 2:19 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

He can launch it but has accuracy issues.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 2:40 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Hmmm........I think the Bucs are looking to draft a QB with their 1st. That's a bit of good news for us, since they wont be drafting a player we're targeting.

A lot of teams, in desperate need of a QB are not projected to draft one with their 1st ..................I can see the Bucs getting a 2nd for him, his QBR is higher than Tanny's, 83.9 & 81.7, respectively. I don't see the Phins being in serious play for him.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 3:29 pm 

jammer wrote:
Shouldn't it raise huge red flags that he is being made available?

It should raise red flags that Lovie Smith handed the starting job to Josh McCown without any QB competition.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 3:33 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

phinsfansc wrote:
jammer wrote:

This is a new regime Dan, as the personnel and HC that drafted Glennon are gone. I don't see Miami trading for Glennon. The Dolphins are trying to get more picks.

I don't see it either, but I do think Pencil-neck would fit in well with our offense. He has a strong arm and good size.

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:30 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

phinsfansc wrote:
jammer wrote:

I understand that, but even Miami in 2008 at least gave John Beck a shot to compete with, coincidentally, Josh McCown and Chad Henne. The fact that Smith and Licht are moving on after just meeting the kid and watching his film speaks volumes. They could start McCown, draft their true long term hope and at least have Glennon as a slightly seasoned backup.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:32 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Rich wrote:
jammer wrote:
Shouldn't it raise huge red flags that he is being made available?

It should raise red flags that Lovie Smith handed the starting job to Josh McCown without any QB competition.

He was criticized for QB evaluation in Chicago. But I thought TB's new GM was supposed to be some highly coveted talent evaluator. I just find it baffling that a team would give up on a 2nd year guy so quickly. I didn't watch his games so I can't say whether his numbers are legit or simply garbage time stats.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:44 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

This is the Fred Sanford approach to building a team, go digging thru other people's trash looking for treasure.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 8:46 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I know all the clich├ęs, our new Gm owes RT nothing just as the Bucs new coaching staff owes Glennon nothing....BUT, no matter what, if you have a starter on your roster, you keep him! If the Bucs want to trade Glennon, then he sucks. If the Fins want Glennon to compete with RT, fine, if they want to be the starter, then RT sucks...sorry for the reality check guys, franchise QBs aren't traded, nor do teams look to upgrade the QB position if they have a starter.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:15 pm 

Makchell wrote:
If the Bucs want to trade Glennon, then he sucks.

The Falcons wanted to trade Brett Favre...

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:26 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Reports are the Bucs really want Manziel.....and if that's case, it makes since to trade Glennon now, because they'll likely have to give picks to get him. Prediction.............Glennon to Minessota and maybe something else for a swap.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 10:38 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

How many far fetched Herald/PBP articles that other websites try to prop up do we have to take seriously that when you think about it makes no sense? TB wants too much for a kid thats ok

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 7:52 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Rich wrote:
Makchell wrote:
If the Bucs want to trade Glennon, then he sucks.

The Falcons wanted to trade Brett Favre...

Glennon is a good quarterback, but I would rate him as a good backup in the Chad Henne group. He did a good job with my Wolfpack, but he was clearly not as good as Russell Wilson. Glennon has a good arm, but I never felt he had the "it" factor that makes your team better. He stays within the offense, and his decision making wasn't bad considering he played behind a horrid OL at NCSU. I'll bet the Bears consider him since I believe their head coach helped recruit him here at NCSU.

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 6:06 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Quote:
Sources tell Profootballtalk.com a Mike Glennon-to-New England trade is "not in the works."
PFT's Michael David Smith calls the hypothetical deal "all talk and no action." Perhaps this will change if the Patriots seal a deal sending Ryan Mallett to Houston, but for now the wheels are not spinning on Glennon to Foxboro.
Related: Patriots
Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]