All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Teddy Bridgewater Saga
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 9:51 am 
Offline
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 4111
Have we ever seen someone drop so much because of a poor pro day?

I think there's too much stock being put into that. Watching some of his games, this dude is athletic, has a crazy quick release, can flick a 50 yard bomb no problem and for the most part has pin point accuracy.

I don't watch any college ball, so I only have YouTube tapes to go off of... but am I missing something here?


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:02 am 
Offline
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:35 am
Posts: 2222
Location: Lakeland, Fl
I expect him to be gone in the first 20 picks. Too much over analyzing goes on before the draft. You have to grade him on his results in college not placing so much on one pro day.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:25 am 
Offline
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:40 am
Posts: 277
Well, at the very least, he didn't record a Vince Young-like Wonderlic score, so he at least has something going for him.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 12:47 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 12641
Location: Lancaster, PA
IamPZ wrote:
Have we ever seen someone drop so much because of a poor pro day?

I think there's too much stock being put into that. Watching some of his games, this dude is athletic, has a crazy quick release, can flick a 50 yard bomb no problem and for the most part has pin point accuracy.

I don't watch any college ball, so I only have YouTube tapes to go off of... but am I missing something here?


He's still my favorite QB in this draft.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 26196
Location: Miami, FL
swerve13 wrote:
IamPZ wrote:
Have we ever seen someone drop so much because of a poor pro day?

I think there's too much stock being put into that. Watching some of his games, this dude is athletic, has a crazy quick release, can flick a 50 yard bomb no problem and for the most part has pin point accuracy.

I don't watch any college ball, so I only have YouTube tapes to go off of... but am I missing something here?


He's still my favorite QB in this draft.


Measureables and workouts are great, but ultimately you just have to trust the film.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:44 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 12641
Location: Lancaster, PA
Do you like him Rich? I thought he was fantastic all year for a guy who entered the season as the projected number 1 pick. He shredded the Canes in the bowl game.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:47 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 12641
Location: Lancaster, PA
I'm actually kind of surprised how many teams really like Manziel. His game makes me grimmace when I watch him. It's so unfundamentally sound. I think Bortles could be a poor mans Big Ben. He's a solid pick. Not a big Carr fan. Savage could be real good.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 26196
Location: Miami, FL
swerve13 wrote:
Do you like him Rich? I thought he was fantastic all year for a guy who entered the season as the projected number 1 pick. He shredded the Canes in the bowl game.


I do. He has his warts like anyone else, I think he takes too many sacks at times. But I wouldn't be that influenced by shaky workouts when I can go see how he did in games.

And I think most NFL teams will keep that in mind.

The stupid ones will be too influenced by the work out.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:53 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 4111
Bridgewater certainly looks like a worthy top 10 pick in what I watched.

Lots of guys screaming reach, but I'd argue that.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 5:10 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 12641
Location: Lancaster, PA
watch Johnny freefall tonite now I'm thinkin. Would Andy Reid be that wildcard and pull the trigger on Manziel?


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 5:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 4612
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
swerve13 wrote:
watch Johnny freefall tonite now I'm thinkin. Would Andy Reid be that wildcard and pull the trigger on Manziel?


Image

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 5:20 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 12641
Location: Lancaster, PA
They're really shooting down the Dallas rumors.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 5:22 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 12641
Location: Lancaster, PA
Some owner is going to have to step in and make that pick. Sounds like all the owners love Manziel, obviously from a ticket sales standpoint.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 5:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 4612
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
swerve13 wrote:
Some owner is going to have to step in and make that pick. Sounds like all the owners love Manziel, obviously from a ticket sales standpoint.


Bang Bang.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 5:32 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 12641
Location: Lancaster, PA
if its not Jacksonville or Tampa, then a slide is coming.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 5:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 5516
Location: Columbia, SC
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
watch Johnny freefall tonite now I'm thinkin. Would Andy Reid be that wildcard and pull the trigger on Manziel?


Image



Mike Mayock thinks the Cowboys will pull the trigger. I like Teddy a lot. I like the way he carries himself and his composure.

He may not have a gun for an arm, but his arm is solid enough. I was stunned that a "Pro Day" could have the type of effect that it has had. What happen to watch the film.

Somebody is going to get themselves a nice QB.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 6:38 pm 
Offline
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:47 pm
Posts: 382
One thing I always think about when players are "rising" or "dropping" during the pre-draft, YouTube highlight reel viewing season is that there's a reason these people are talking on TV or writing in magazines or newspapers and not running a draft as the GM of an NFL football team, and it's not because their wives told them they needed to spend more time with their family.

Oh, and on the ESPN coverage, Mel Kiper just told Ray Lewis he had him going to Miami instead of Baltimore.

I think Bridgewater's a 1st rounder, and I'd love it if someone with a decent team already took a flier on him and he got to sit a year and watch someone go through the motions for a while.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 7:06 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 12641
Location: Lancaster, PA
Chiefs would be ideal for Teddy


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r