View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 I'm upset we didn't take Johnny Manziel 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: I'm upset we didn't take Johnny Manziel
Manziel's a better passer than those guys though.

Wed May 14, 2014 12:45 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays

Post Re: I'm upset we didn't take Johnny Manziel
randylvc wrote:
running qbs re all a joke in the end.. sorry but it's true..

name 1 that lasters long term and was productive long term... Randal C in Phila was prob closest and hell many people don't remember his name..

Vicks first run (Before jail) opened up great a few good season then POOF def figured him out.. his numbers dropped like a stone... He was about to be benched if you remember.. Then jail..

Gets out rolls into Phila has what 2 decent seasons and tanks yet again.. (def took his legs away... game over

Cam... take a look at last years stats... ya he was hurt.. but he was hurt because of all the extra running.... and it's going to happen again and again.. at least cam has a bit of an arm to go with his legs.. still it's all a package deal.. last season when he could not run all over the place.. his arm didn't save him....

I like Ryan.. he has the legs when he needs it.... but he relies on his arm... and he is going to the pro bowl this season.... watch...

But running QBs are always a short term thing.....

The move to the jets may help vick this season... at least early on... but in the end they are going to figure him out.. take his legs away and he will end up a bad memory (sorry Dog lover here) rinse and repeat,,

well i can think of 1 semi running QB that was amazing.. Steve Mcnair i think he hit 3500 yards rushing combined in 669 touches.. had some pretty amazing seasons.IMO he also throw for 31K + yards.... prob as close to a mobile qb as we will ever see... I'm sure the Stat junkies may be able to name 1-2 others.. but most RQBs just don't last

Totally agree, I would say that searching for the mobile QB is like looking for a black dog at night or finding a needle in a stack of needles but it's probably more like searching for a white whale, it's more of a myth at this point, the pocket QB that can run(A Rodgers) is what we should be chasing, turning mobile QBs into pocket QBs is a tough row to hoe.

Wed May 14, 2014 1:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2