View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Dolphins suspend Don Jones 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Post Re: Dolphins suspend Don Jones
C'mon people - try to make this guy an angel when clearly he isnt.

It's political correctness at it's best. I've never seen a 7th rd pick get so much media attention and it can get thrown down our throats, but when someone has an opinion of OMG and gross, he gets suspended and fined? C'mon PZ - try to make this guy a demon when clearly he isn't.

Tue May 13, 2014 8:31 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

IamPZ wrote:
C'mon people - try to make this guy an angel when clearly he isnt.

And you're trying to make him Pacman Jones because of a tweet.

Tue May 13, 2014 8:36 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:
Jones tweeted "OMG" and "horrible" after Sam was shown on ESPN kissing his boyfriend

Weak. It was OMG and horrible. It would have been horrible if it was man and woman. Sensitivity training, what a joke. Political correctness at it's best.

You really believe it would have been commented on or noticed if it were a man and a woman???

Tue May 13, 2014 9:31 am
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

He shouldn't have been suspended and if I were him, I'd sue the Dolphins in court. He has a right to not feel comfortable about what he saw.

Tue May 13, 2014 9:32 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

TommyNoleFin wrote:
He shouldn't have been suspended and if I were him, I'd sue the Dolphins in court. He has a right to not feel comfortable about what he saw.

He does have a right to not feel comfortable, he also has the right to freely speak his mind via any outlet he wants.

Just like his employer has the right to set a code of conduct for its employess and deal with it accrodingly.
He is being fined, he might miss a game, big deal.

Tue May 13, 2014 10:05 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays

degs wrote:
Makchell wrote:
Jones tweeted "OMG" and "horrible" after Sam was shown on ESPN kissing his boyfriend

Weak. It was OMG and horrible. It would have been horrible if it was man and woman. Sensitivity training, what a joke. Political correctness at it's best.

You really believe it would have been commented on or noticed if it were a man and a woman???

Have you ever seen something like that watching the draft between a man and a woman?

I've been watching the draft for many years and I have never seen a man and woman carry on like that, it looked like a wedding ceremony, they were celebrating their love, not his selection, his priorities seem to be skewed.

Thu May 15, 2014 9:14 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

A vote in the herald or sentinel said 77% of voters disagree with the suspension....

Thu May 15, 2014 9:45 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

You can tell our franchise overreacted too quickly, Considering Greg Hardy beat his wife and the Panthers haven't taken any action yet.

Thu May 15, 2014 10:02 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Quote:
Just like his employer has the right to set a code of conduct for its employess and deal with it accrodingly.
He is being fined, he might miss a game, big deal.

Just playing devil's advocate here...how far do you let employers go and when does the constitution kick in? Obviously if I discriminate against you if you're a minority, the constitution trumps the employer. That line keeps shifting all the time. I've had friends who were persecuted at work for being Christian and having small, religious articles in their cube. Tebow was told to remove John 3:16 from his eyes in both college and the NFL. He complied but again, does the NFL do what it wants, when it wants and rights be damned?

Thu May 15, 2014 10:27 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Just playing devil's advocate here...how far do you let employers go and when does the constitution kick in? Obviously if I discriminate against you if you're a minority, the constitution trumps the employer. That line keeps shifting all the time. I've had friends who were persecuted at work for being Christian and having small, religious articles in their cube. Tebow was told to remove John 3:16 from his eyes in both college and the NFL. He complied but again, does the NFL do what it wants, when it wants and rights be damned?

It only works one way in this country, good post.

Thu May 15, 2014 11:52 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Finster wrote:

Have you ever seen something like that watching the draft between a man and a woman?

I've been watching the draft for many years and I have never seen a man and woman carry on like that, it looked like a wedding ceremony, they were celebrating their love, not his selection, his priorities seem to be skewed.

As I understand it reality show camera's from the Oprah network were there. Possibly planned?

Thu May 15, 2014 2:17 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Oprah. Just go away. Stay home.

Thu May 15, 2014 2:24 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Jones will reportedly be away from the team until he undergoes "sensitivity training

Expresses an opinion and now he gets indoctrinated training to change his thoughts...welcome to the USA, land of the free.....yeah right.

Thu May 15, 2014 8:38 pm

AQNOR wrote:
Finster wrote:

As I understand it reality show camera's from the Oprah network were there. Possibly planned?

Excellent point, I was not aware of that, and it did seem a little staged at the time thinking back on it.

Fri May 16, 2014 9:21 am

Makchell wrote:
Jones will reportedly be away from the team until he undergoes "sensitivity training

Expresses an opinion and now he gets indoctrinated training to change his thoughts...welcome to the USA, land of the free.....yeah right.

I'm with you on this, I don't really know why it has gotten like this, why the NFL and other major sports have to become the police of the world, I understand drug testing for PEDs, but nothing else, also understand having a code of conduct, but it's out of control right now.

However, you put your name on that dotted line then your agreeing to their intrusive policies, so it is ultimately on the player.

Fri May 16, 2014 9:31 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Quote:
Panthers DE Hardy turns over 10 firearms
Hernandez indicted in '12 double homicide
Manziel text to Browns: 'Hurry up' | Bayless
Sam's show: Potential distraction? | Whitlock
Welker overpaid by $14K on Derby day error
Sharper won't face rape charges in Miami
Troubled TE Lyerla gets shot with Packers
Cowboys, DT Okoye agree to two-year deal

Headlines on ESPN NFL today! Rape pillage kill and of course the gay guy 7th round pick.

Nothing was illegal about having ten guns.

Wes Welker actualy wasn't overpaid
Quote:
"An individual believed to be a member of Wes Welker's group on Kentucky Derby day was the beneficiary of an overpayment north of $14,000 on a wager due to a tote malfunction," Churchill

ESPN is such garbage!

Fri May 16, 2014 3:35 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Makchell wrote:

Re-education camps. No problem until they come for you.

Fri May 16, 2014 3:45 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Re-education camps. No problem until they come for you.

Yep, sad.

Fri May 16, 2014 10:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2