View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Report: Miami Dolphins hire Eric Stokes as assistant GM - Se 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Report: Miami Dolphins hire Eric Stokes as assistant GM - Se
Quote:
Andrew Abramson

The Dolphins are hiring Eric Stokes as assistant GM, the Tampa Bay Times reports.

Stokes most recently was directly of college scouting for Tampa Bay, working under then-Tampa Bay director of personnel Dennis Hickey. The two will be reunited as Miami’s 1-2 punch. ...

- See more at: http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedaily ... 8297M.dpuf

Wed May 14, 2014 11:42 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Report: Miami Dolphins hire Eric Stokes as assistant GM - Se
I was impressed with Hickey's draft. If Philbin has to go after this season I hope Hickey stays on and picks his own coach. Maybe even Bill Lazor.

Wed May 14, 2014 12:01 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Imo this was just as much if not more Philbin's draft as Hickey's.

If I remember right last year the owner said there was a difference in opinion about the team between the GM and HC. The GM was fired. Therefore it seems reasonable to me that the new GM is going to listen to the coach, and be of the same opinion, or there is a good chance he will be gone too.

Wed May 14, 2014 12:24 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

swerve13 wrote:
I was impressed with Hickey's draft. If Philbin has to go after this season I hope Hickey stays on and picks his own coach. Maybe even Bill Lazor.

Lazor is an ascending coach. If Tannehill improves a lot and the offense takes off this season, I could see a few teams calling to offer him a head coaching position. If the season ends and the offense carries us to the playoffs, the Dolphins will have a very tough decision on their hands.

Philbin seems like a good person, but he just doesn't strike me as a true leader. In other words, he's more Cam Cameron than Don Shula (to me). I hope Hickey has the courage (even if the team does well) to honestly assess his staff and pick the coach that gives the Dolphins the best chance to succeed going forward, whoever that may be.

But I think we're still a ways off from being able to have this conversation. We'll have to wait and see how things play out.

Wed May 14, 2014 9:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]