Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 3:10 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Seriously?

Quote:
Mike Pouncey Has A Framed Aaron Hernandez Jersey In His House

I guess if there's one thing this teaches us about Mike Pouncey, it's that you have to have allegedly murdered at least four people before he will decide to remove your framed jersey from his living room.

We can only assume that the framed Richie Incognito jersey is hanging on the other side of the room.

http://deadspin.com/mike-pouncey-has-a- ... 1579151297

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 3:19 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Maybe he is brain washed enough to think his friend is innocent?

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 4:49 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

You have a freakin Patriots jersey hanging in your house when you play for the Phins?

I really wish we would have traded him.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 5:18 pm 
Admin | Forum Design
Admin | Forum Design

IamPZ wrote:
You have a freakin Patriots jersey hanging in your house when you play for the Phins?

I think it's pretty well documented that players like other teams. Ol' Kap from the 49ers wearing the fins hat comes to mind.

That being said, I honestly don't think a lot of players care who they play for. Sure you have one now and then that wants to ride it out with one team, but for most of them, it's all about the money.

Him having the jersey don't surprise me any at all.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 5:20 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

IamPZ wrote:

They were college teammates. I would not have a problem with it, with the exception the fact that his former teammate is a murderer, or to be politically correct, an accused murderer.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 5:45 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Biggest piece of sheet on the team

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 6:01 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Poncey has a mental problem....

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 7:32 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

wait............ does anybody realize that Brent Grimes wife tweeted or ig this pic because she was showing love to Pounceys daughter and this just so happened to pop up in the background? Who gives flying #@&% if he has a jersey of his friend framed? Seriously are we at a point that woman beaters, drunk drivers, drug abusers who get in legal trouble are more untouchable then a kid who made a joke on twitter, got snitched on by some soft 6'5 300 pound punk and has a jersey framed of a friend? He didnt even post this so why does it matter? Does this make him a bad guy and if it does wtf does that make people like Greg Hardy and Ray Rice who beat/stalked their gfs and in Hardys case has guns for days that the police found to make him dangerous? Now please I dare somebody to try to answer this

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 7:48 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Does this make him a bad guy and if it does wtf does that make people like Greg Hardy and Ray Rice who beat/stalked their gfs and in Hardys case has guns for days that the police found to make him dangerous? Now please I dare somebody to try to answer this

I'll take the dare. If someone murdered one of Pouncey's family members, would he have the guy's jersey hanging? Of course not, Pouncy has no empathy, Hernadez is a murderer.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 7:56 pm 
Admin | Forum Design
Admin | Forum Design

Makchell wrote:
Does this make him a bad guy and if it does wtf does that make people like Greg Hardy and Ray Rice who beat/stalked their gfs and in Hardys case has guns for days that the police found to make him dangerous? Now please I dare somebody to try to answer this

I'll take the dare. If someone murdered one of Pouncey's family members, would he have the guy's jersey hanging? Of course not, Pouncy has no empathy, Hernadez is a murderer.

*ahem* suspected murderer...

:) :ann0y:

I DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU MAK!

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 7:57 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Makchell wrote:

Hernandez is a bad guy but if you had a family member/close friend get in trouble but all you knew from your times with him is a good person that you were close with for years would you just give up on that person and never show support? Now I know you'll say you would but that's you, many people would show support no matter what because that's just who they are loyal to death. Does it make him a bad guy? No, it makes him a guy who would support his family and people he sees as family because god forbigd he needed it himself he wouldnt want everybody to leave him too. You can have your opinion but the fact that murderers, woman beaters, drug/alcohol abusers dont get criticized or get any attention even close to Pouncey is a #@&% joke. Hey but thats just my opinion

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 9:23 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I agree ag that pouncey could just be showing support for his teammate because innocent until proven guilty but pouncy punched a guy in the face the same week the martin thing came out against the bucs. we lost to a terrible team, and he was right there in the middle of everything like he always is. he just seems to attract trouble and it would not surprise me to see him end up being suspended or in jail for something unrelated in the near future. we should have let him go but instead we married the guy. the team wants to move on with bullying but they keep pouncey, do nothing when he tweets about hazing then don jones says something and hes suspended? This whole franchise is a joke right now.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 9:48 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Manhattan wrote:
I agree ag that pouncey could just be showing support for his teammate because innocent until proven guilty but pouncy punched a guy in the face the same week the martin thing came out against the bucs. we lost to a terrible team, and he was right there in the middle of everything like he always is. he just seems to attract trouble and it would not surprise me to see him end up being suspended or in jail for something unrelated in the near future. we should have let him go but instead we married the guy. the team wants to move on with bullying but they keep pouncey, do nothing when he tweets about hazing then don jones says something and hes suspended? This whole franchise is a joke right now.

Wait........... ok I was slightly with you with the punch in that Bucs game even though fights happen in literally every game whether they escalate high or not but he attracts trouble? jonathon Martin snitched but nobody's stupid enough to think hazing dosnt go on with every team. He tweeted a joke about James which if people see it as a way to move on from the Jonathon Martin thing like i did you wouldnt get upset. This like I said earlier was tweeted by Meiko Grimes...... not Pouncey and finally about the going to jail thing........ seriously he's doing things that make you think he could go to jail in the future but Ray Rice, Greg Hardy, Aldon Smith and others literally do crimes that normal men would go to jail for and instead they get off and their teams back them up but we're the joke and Pouncey is this menace to society? Come on man, seriously for the second time somebody answer why actual criminals get passes and Pouncey is this menace over a joke tweet and a grown a$$ men who got "bullied"

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 9:58 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Soooo pouncey is supporting his friend and he has no idea that Hernadez is a bad guy. Oooookkkk. Every team is a joke in the NFL, since they all have POS players on them. It's kind of sad when you analyze the NFL/ teams that you root for. Luckily, the NFL goes to deeper for me and it's about spending time with family on Sundays. Anyway, I respect your opinion AG, take care.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 10:09 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

Much ado about nothing.

I don't see the public outcry against Pouncey that you're implying, ag, but maybe I'm just not paying attention. Your point that what Rice did is far worse than anything Pouncey has done is right on; no contest... but I think most people would agree with you.

I am more concerned with whether or not Pouncey can step up and be a leader- a positive one- on our young line. Be the man, Mike.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 10:57 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I'm sure that he doubts his friends guilt, I'm sure it won't set in until he's actually found guilty, nobody wants to believe their friend is a cold blooded murderer.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 7:15 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Finster wrote:
I'm sure that he doubts his friends guilt, I'm sure it won't set in until he's actually found guilty, nobody wants to believe their friend is a cold blooded murderer.

This.

It's easy for us to sit here and judge, but these guys are close friends and what kind of friend would he be if he didn't show support until the bitter end?

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 7:27 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

phinsfansc wrote:
IamPZ wrote:

They were college teammates. I would not have a problem with it, with the exception the fact that his former teammate is a murderer, or to be politically correct, an accused murderer.

At least he has a good heart seeing as he's sticking by his buddy. Most accused murderers would see their friends back off by the truckload.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 7:51 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I understand the feelings the public would have against Hernandez based on what we read in the press and rightly so if he is proven guilty, but the fact is he has not gone to trial yet nor been formally convicted. This is one of his best friends in his life and college buddies.

IMO he is being the definition of what a true friend is and that is to not judge and stick by his side. Even if Hernandez gets convicted and he continues his friendship by visiting him in jail, personally that is Pouncey's life and his decision to do so. Either way, I certainly DO NOT condone what Hernandez is being charged for, but I think Pouncey is simply supporting a close friend and I don't have a problem with it.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 8:12 am 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

I respect everybodys opinion but everybody is missing my other point about other players. There are others getting arrested and doing crimes that can actually send them to jail but all this attention is on Pouncey. See this isnt a big deal because it was known from Monday about this situation and nobody is talking about this so im not tripping but these other criminals are getting no type of publicity or disrespect so how is that right? Why is Pouncey going down but Hardy, Smith, Rice and others are beating their wifes, carrying guns for days and committing other crimes get a pass?

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 8:47 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Maybe a better headline would have been Pouncey framed Hernandez.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 9:55 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

AQNOR wrote:

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 12:11 pm 
Admin | Forum Design
Admin | Forum Design

AQNOR wrote:

Brilliant.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 7:05 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

I have a basesball signed by Jimmy Leyritz, did some work at his house in Davie, met his familly, they were really good to me and very nice people..

Then he got drunk and killed a girl...

Doesnt change the way he and his family treated me, and the ball is still displayed on my shelf.
Also doesnt mean I condone what he did.

This picture and reading into it is stupid IMO... Not even him sharing it...

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 7:28 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

10acjed, I remember the Jim Leyritz situation well.

I can also definitely understand that if Leyritz was good to you that is all that matters and I will say that it is interesting that he was involved in a controversial death after hitting that lady while drinking and driving back in 2007 and he ultimately got off and paid $350,000 to the lady's family.

Leyritz was also acquitted of the DUI Manslaughter charges and hosts a radio show with Vinny Micucci called MLB Radio Daily on MLB Radio and is a regular contributor to The Michael Kay Show on the New York City ESPN Radio affiliate. Just recently on January 6th 2014-- Jim was hired to host a radio show for Angels Radio830am with Jason Brennan called "Inside The Game" with Leyritz and Brennan.

Pretty rare that his life has been able to go on dealing with major league baseball after what he went through too.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 9:30 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Thats cool to hear Finhead. I am not a supporter of drunk driving, or legal loopholes that high priced lawyers find. But seems both sides found a common ground, so my opinion has no bearing on the outcome.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:46 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

This might sound strange but I always thought it was weird that people owned Magic Johnson jerseys. But ya know, perspective is a funny thing. Pouncey probably hung it proud of his college bro, never bothered to take it down, & now is just reminded his old friend got in trouble. Like pics of friends I have I'll not get rid of

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]