View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Practice report: Highlights from Dolphins rookie minicamp 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Practice report: Highlights from Dolphins rookie minicamp
Quote:

-- Dennis Hickey said Billy Turner's "nasty demeanor" is one of the first things he noticed when looking at his film. ...

- Top performer of Dolphins rookie camp, which you really can't make much of was....Fullback Emmanuel Ogbeuhi, who caught a ton of checkdowns ...

-- Joe Philbin was not at the rookie camp because of a personal matter. ...

-- Jarvis Landry is working on his release from the line....but as a gunner on special teams. ...

-- A lot of passes are going to the H-backs. ...

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... ?track=rss

Fri May 23, 2014 4:35 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Practice report: Highlights from Dolphins rookie minicamp
Quote:
By James Walker | ESPN.com

... It was only one practice, but I like the look of Miami first-round pick Ja'Wuan James. He has big, long arms for a right tackle and looks in good shape. ...

Miami fifth-round pick Jordan Tripp had a solid first practice. He played at middle linebacker Friday and looked comfortable calling signals and running the defense. ...

Dolphins second-round pick Jarvis Landry showed much of what was advertised in his first practice. He made some nice catches and showed good hands. Landry also has good focus on the ball, watches it all the way in and has good catching fundamentals. ...

http://espn.go.com/blog/miami-dolphins/ ... servations

Fri May 23, 2014 4:40 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Is James Walker a real, Miami guy? Or was he just appointed by espn to be the "Dolphins writer"?

Fri May 23, 2014 7:05 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Steve Zissou wrote:
Is James Walker a real, Miami guy? Or was he just appointed by espn to be the "Dolphins writer"?

Assigned by ESPN. I think he covered Cleveland before the new gig.

Sat May 24, 2014 5:19 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Quote:
Miami fifth-round pick Jordan Tripp had a solid first practice. He played at middle linebacker Friday and looked comfortable calling signals and running the defense. ...

I really hope this works out for us in the middle. I love his instincts and his never-quit attitude during a play.

Quote:
Dennis Hickey said Billy Turner's "nasty demeanor" is one of the first things he noticed when looking at his film. ..

I love nasty offensive linemen. They draw a line on the field and dare the defense to cross over. Does anyone know which side he is playing on?

Quote:
Joe Philbin was not at the rookie camp because of a personal matter. ...

I probably shouldn't say this since I don't know what Philben's personal matter is, but Mr Invisible-Delegater is at it again. Unfortunately it will take a whole lot from Philben for me to change my mind about him. I've been so disappointed the last two seasons in him as a head coach.

Sat May 24, 2014 9:40 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
1. I saw some elements of the Chip Kelly offense, and that was exciting. The receiver drills were different, and focused on foot speed and keeping your balance. Nobody knows what Bill Lazor's offense will truly look like yet because the team is only three weeks into its installation, but from the vanilla plays they gave the rookie you can sense the Dolphins are going to attack the field horizontally with quick hitches, screens, and plenty of three-step drop plays. I now realize I need to study the Eagles offense because Lazor is bringing some of its elements to Miami.

I'm a bit concerned about Tripp's physique. He doesn't look strong enough to me. I've examined all his metrics and compared them to the other linebacker in his draft class, and on his team. He's super athletic - ridiculous L-drill and 3-cone drill time - but needs to get stronger. Tripp bench pressed 225 pounds 22 times, which isn't bad. But Jelani Jenkins did it 27 times, and Jenkins struggled from a strength standpoint in his rookie season.

Aikens didn't finish practice because he was dehydrated. That hints he needs to get himself in better condition. ...

9. O.J. McDuffie was impressed with Jarvis Landry. ... McDuffie admits Landry reminds him of himself a bit. He catches everything, and doesn't need to be open to be open. I'm interested to see how Landry performs against the veterans on Tuesday. ...

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... 1870.story

I wonder about the strength comment about Tripp. I guess players are stronger now then a few year back but Zach T only had 20 reps on the bench. Maybe technique and football IQ have something to do with effectiveness after a certain strength level. Is a bench test going to give a meaningful measurement of core and lower body strength which I would think have something to do with stacking and shedding blocker's too.

I am not familiar with the play of Jelani Jenkins so maybe I am off base in my thoughts.

Sat May 24, 2014 11:40 am
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Big Dave wrote:
I probably shouldn't say this since I don't know what Philben's personal matter is, but Mr Invisible-Delegater is at it again. Unfortunately it will take a whole lot from Philben for me to change my mind about him. I've been so disappointed the last two seasons in him as a head coach.

If the Dolphins have another season like the past five, both Philbin and Hickey are out the door. There's a reason why Hickey only got a two year deal as GM when most GM's get a four or five year deal. They sink or swim together now. Ross has it synchronized so he doesn't handcuff one position to the other. He can clean house next year if they don't make the playoffs.

Sat May 24, 2014 7:30 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Safe to say this is Philbin's make or break year. We all know that going into the new season.

Also, he is human, people do have personal matters that come up and especially with having a family, so I don't even read into him missing as an issue and that's why you have 15 coaches out there supporting you and helping out.

Sat May 24, 2014 7:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]