Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 5:27 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Quote:
“Those are guys (Will Davis and Jamar Taylor) we thought highly of; they had injury issues,” Philbin said.

CB Will Davis, selected 93rd out of Utah State, flashed ball-hawking skills during training camp. “He made a lot of plays during practice,” quarterback Matt Moore said. “You would like to see that in a game.”

The Dolphins haven’t yet, not in a small sample size that included 65 regular season defensive snaps. Pressed into service against New England because of injuries, Davis struggled and finished 2013 allowing 8 of 10 passes thrown against him to be caught, for 108 yards.

“When I came here, I gambled more,” he said. “Now I’m a little more disciplined. The coaches love my aggressiveness and they don’t want to take that away from me.” One Dolphins receiver said Davis needs to improve coming out of his breaks.

Davis said his frustration never reached the point of Taylor’s. “That’s more of my personality, a happy-go-lucky kid who enjoys life,” he said. “The higher the draft pick, the more frustrated you get. And Jamar had injuries. And it’s not like we’re playing behind chumps.”

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-b ... rylink=cpy

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ]