View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ] 
 Jason Taylor at camp ... wants to work with Miami DL 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Jason Taylor at camp ... wants to work with Miami DL
:yay:

Armando Salguero wrote:
(On Jason Taylor being at camp today) – “Well I told him at our seven o’clock staff meeting, I don’t think he really knew what he was signing up for (laughing). So we hope he’s back tomorrow. I think he’s going to be around a lot in the OTA’s. He’s approached us about working with the defensive linemen. I don’t know if there could be a better mentor for our young players than Jason Taylor. He’s energetic and enthusiastic about helping out and contributing and so I’ll have to check with him after how he felt about his first practice. Player hours and coaches hours, players on a six hour day. Coaches aren’t. So we’ll have to see how that goes

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins ... rylink=cpy

Tue May 27, 2014 5:41 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Jason Taylor at camp ... wants to work with Miami DL
They should have hired him last year to work with Jordan. No one is more qualified to be our def. Line coach.

Tue May 27, 2014 5:43 pm
Phinfever Live! Radio Host
Phinfever Live! Radio Host

Get the man a whistle.....

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Tue May 27, 2014 6:42 pm
Profile YIM
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I like that Philbin has opened the door for former Dolphin players to come back and share their wisdom with the current players.

Wed May 28, 2014 7:46 am
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

That Is Awesome!

He was once a jet but I love that he cares enough to get involved & work with the guys

Wed May 28, 2014 8:00 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

JT and Zach ... we could sure use a couple more like them. Even away from the game they are Dolphin fans.

Wed May 28, 2014 8:01 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Steve Zissou wrote:
He was once a jet but I love that he cares enough to get involved & work with the guys

Some of that falls on Parcells stubborn pride.

Back in Dec 2012:

PFT wrote:
Taylor told the Miami Herald that he is “not the biggest Bill Parcells fan,” saying that Parcells did a lousy job running the Dolphins from 2008 to 2010.

And the Herald says that “Taylor blasted Parcells” when discussing the way Parcells did his job as executive V.P. of football operations. Taylor ripped Parcells dealt for his “lack of building for the future, and the lack of commitment on his part.”

Taylor had been one of the best and most popular Dolphins for a decade when Parcells arrived, but Parcells traded him to the Redskins shortly after Parcells got the job in Miami. After Taylor was released by the Redskins a year later Parcells signed him to a one-year deal, but after that year ended Parcells wasn’t interested in having him back, so Taylor left for the Jets. After Parcells left, Taylor returned for a third stint with the Dolphins in 2011.

When Taylor got the job at ESPN this year, he said he didn’t think Parcells would want him there.

“If Bill had anything to do with hiring me, they wouldn’t have hired me or they would get rid of me,” Taylor told the Herald. “I haven’t talked to Bill since he got rid of me a second time.”

If Taylor and Parcells bump into each other at the ESPN Christmas party, it won’t be pretty.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -parcells/

Wed May 28, 2014 8:08 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Big Dave wrote:
Steve Zissou wrote:

Some of that falls on Parcells stubborn pride.

Back in Dec 2012:

PFT wrote:
Taylor told the Miami Herald that he is “not the biggest Bill Parcells fan,” saying that Parcells did a lousy job running the Dolphins from 2008 to 2010.

And the Herald says that “Taylor blasted Parcells” when discussing the way Parcells did his job as executive V.P. of football operations. Taylor ripped Parcells dealt for his “lack of building for the future, and the lack of commitment on his part.”

Taylor had been one of the best and most popular Dolphins for a decade when Parcells arrived, but Parcells traded him to the Redskins shortly after Parcells got the job in Miami. After Taylor was released by the Redskins a year later Parcells signed him to a one-year deal, but after that year ended Parcells wasn’t interested in having him back, so Taylor left for the Jets. After Parcells left, Taylor returned for a third stint with the Dolphins in 2011.

When Taylor got the job at ESPN this year, he said he didn’t think Parcells would want him there.

“If Bill had anything to do with hiring me, they wouldn’t have hired me or they would get rid of me,” Taylor told the Herald. “I haven’t talked to Bill since he got rid of me a second time.”

If Taylor and Parcells bump into each other at the ESPN Christmas party, it won’t be pretty.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -parcells/

bp was a pile of crap. He is as bad as jj.
Oh wait, I have to answer my phone, Dave. I'll finish this later.

:grin:

Wed May 28, 2014 7:02 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

If he's willing to commit to being a full-time part of the staff, then I'm fine with it. Otherwise you run the risk of having "too many cooks in the kitchen". The coaching staff has their own agenda for what they want their young players to learn. Jason Taylor certainly has a ton of things he can teach, but his presence could be counterproductive if players are listening to him and shutting out their position coaches.

Wed May 28, 2014 9:46 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

wkloiber13 wrote:
If he's willing to commit to being a full-time part of the staff, then I'm fine with it. Otherwise you run the risk of having "too many cooks in the kitchen". The coaching staff has their own agenda for what they want their young players to learn. Jason Taylor certainly has a ton of things he can teach, but his presence could be counterproductive if players are listening to him and shutting out their position coaches.

Great points. JT , Marino & whoever else from the Dolphin past who wants to lend a hand. Seems great in theory but in all honesty its just damage control.
Let the coaches coach& install their game plan & techniques. We have one of the best staffs in the league.

Thu May 29, 2014 6:25 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

parcells did'nt like jt's selfish attitude...

Thu May 29, 2014 7:16 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

IF JT is there to provide "advice" it is a great idea IMO. I would believe he would be in sync with the present coaching staff and what better person to mentor a protege like Dion Jordan?

Personally, I look at this as a value help vs too many cooks in the kitchen thought (no disrespect at all Wkloiber)

Thu May 29, 2014 7:22 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Kev1321 wrote:

parcells didn't like any ones ideas, but his own.
And he "ran" out on the team. Atleast JT came back.

Thu May 29, 2014 10:04 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Finhead34 wrote:
IF JT is there to provide "advice" it is a great idea IMO. I would believe he would be in sync with the present coaching staff and what better person to mentor a protege like Dion Jordan?

Personally, I look at this as a value help vs too many cooks in the kitchen thought (no disrespect at all Wkloiber)

What is preventing Jason Taylor from doing what Mark Duper has been doing for years? Which is teach the younger players in the offseason.

He could easily open up a defensive linemen camp in the offseason. Dion Sanders has a great DB camp. Peyton Manning has a great QB camp. Why doesn't Jason Taylor open up a camp?

Thu May 29, 2014 10:41 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

I certainly had issues with Bill Parcells, especially the way he left Miami. But let not put this all on Parcells in regards to Jason Taylor leaving for of all team the Jets.

Thu May 29, 2014 10:44 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

dolphindebby wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:

Parcells has a couple rings...JT was all about sack dancing when his team was losing.

Fri May 30, 2014 6:28 am

phinsfansc wrote:
I certainly had issues with Bill Parcells, especially the way he left Miami. But let not put this all on Parcells in regards to Jason Taylor leaving for of all team the Jets.

Exactly right. Parcells did not make that decision for him although we still forget its still a business & playing for the Jets was a business decision in part as well. As fans we would like to think that the great ones really do bleed aqua & orange but in reality they dont. Im sure if a team stepped up & offered JT a nice salary to coach he would jump on it no matter who the team was & really could not be blamed for it.
Also I think doing Dancing with the Stars was also an issue between the bad blood between the two.

Fri May 30, 2014 6:31 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
JT was all about sack dancing when his team was losing.

Huh???

Fri May 30, 2014 7:12 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Fri May 30, 2014 7:29 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Sack dancing? Gross....

Fri May 30, 2014 7:50 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Seriously though, all he did was make a circle and punch through it. A sack is a huge momentum swinging play and a little celebration "should" fire up the rest of your team.

Fri May 30, 2014 7:51 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

JT was a freakin warrior. The best player drafted by the Dolphins after 1983.

Fri May 30, 2014 11:41 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

dolphindebby wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:

I think Parcells had a little "JJ" in him: he didn't like anyone bigger than himself. He wrote a salary on a piece of paper and gave it to JT. JT was confused and told him to give it to his agent. Parcells didn't like that.

I think JT has some experience in teaching the young bucks ....

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Fri May 30, 2014 12:47 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Kev1321 wrote:

Parcells has a couple rings...JT was all about sack dancing when his team was losing.

I don't agree with this evaluation of JT as a player.

Fri May 30, 2014 6:17 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

AQNOR wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:

Quote:
The Miami Herald reported that Dolphin President Bill Parcells is displeased that Taylor skipped the Dolphins voluntary off-season workouts

On March 2, 2009, Taylor was released by the Washington Redskins for refusing to participate in off-season conditioning programs

A few other bombshells were dropped by Taylor in the S.I. story, which centers around Taylor and his wife going to Hollywood in order to meet with a high-powered agent to better market the lovely couple. A TV reallty show revolving around athletes’ extravagant lifestyles has been purchased by FOX. Taylor’s role is unclear.

Taylor repeated his love for Nick Saban: "I loved Nick; I thought he was great. He rubbed a lot of people the wrong way, but I was his kind of guy. Yeah, his decision was selfishly based, but at the end of the day, isn’t everybody going to take the best job that’s available? … I don’t want to get too political, but we’re in a war based on false pretenses.We have problems in this nation with health care and affordable housing, and how many politicians have lied about that? And people want to freak out because Nick Saban wouldn’t coach a football team?”

Harvey Fialkov
Sun-Sentinel Dolphins reporter

Sat May 31, 2014 8:00 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Kev1321 wrote:
AQNOR wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:

Quote:
The Miami Herald reported that Dolphin President Bill Parcells is displeased that Taylor skipped the Dolphins voluntary off-season workouts

On March 2, 2009, Taylor was released by the Washington Redskins for refusing to participate in off-season conditioning programs

A few other bombshells were dropped by Taylor in the S.I. story, which centers around Taylor and his wife going to Hollywood in order to meet with a high-powered agent to better market the lovely couple. A TV reallty show revolving around athletes’ extravagant lifestyles has been purchased by FOX. Taylor’s role is unclear.

Taylor repeated his love for Nick Saban: "I loved Nick; I thought he was great. He rubbed a lot of people the wrong way, but I was his kind of guy. Yeah, his decision was selfishly based, but at the end of the day, isn’t everybody going to take the best job that’s available? … I don’t want to get too political, but we’re in a war based on false pretenses.We have problems in this nation with health care and affordable housing, and how many politicians have lied about that? And people want to freak out because Nick Saban wouldn’t coach a football team?”

Harvey Fialkov
Sun-Sentinel Dolphins reporter

Thanks for showing you agree.

Sat May 31, 2014 9:42 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Imagine if Tannehill decided to mis ota's?

Sat May 31, 2014 12:05 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Let Tannehill have comparable success as J.T. and probably only a few would complain if he missed o.t.a. the last few seasons of his career.

Sat May 31, 2014 6:01 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

AQNOR wrote:
Let Tannehill have comparable success as J.T. and probably only a few would complain if he missed o.t.a. the last few seasons of his career.

Now thats great leadership....You are making my point.

Quote:
Brady already looked in game shape at practice and at the football challenge, in which he threw two interceptions to Amendola and one to Edelman. “I feel great. I freel great,” Brady said. “I try to really stay in shape. Especially this time of year, you’ve got to put the work in in advance and you have to pay the price early. I try to impart that on my younger teammates that this is a really important time of year to prepare yourself to play a long season. Doing a two-a-day like we’re doing today is definitely part of the plan.”

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2014/05/tom-brady-otas- ... or-season/

Sat May 31, 2014 6:24 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Barry Jackson wrote:
### Though Jason Taylor is working with Dolphins defensive linemen, associates say he’s not looking to become a coach, preferring instead to explore TV work. “He will help young guys with the pass rush [but] I told him there’s no way you are going to help someone on the run game,” cracked Dolphins defensive tackle Randy Starks, Taylor's former Dolphins teammate.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-b ... rylink=cpy

:haha

Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:23 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]