Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 2:19 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Quote:
Miami Dolphins

This is the year Ryan Tannehill has to show he can improve, namely by cutting down on interceptions thrown and sacks taken. Yes, adding Branden Albert to the offensive line will help, but the fact remains that some of the league-leading 58 sacks given up by the Dolphins last season were Tannehill's fault; it looked like he held the ball too long at times. Fortunately for the Dolphins, I think Tannehill has the capacity to grow as a quarterback and take care of these issues. Miami also will need to get more from receiver Mike Wallace, who managed just 12.7 yards per catch -- not commensurate with the big-money contract the team gave him last offseason.

Of course, even with an offense that ranked 27th in the NFL in 2013, Miami still managed to hang in the playoff hunt late into the season. In 2014, we can expect the Dolphins' attack to bring much more pizazz, thanks to their secret weapon: new coordinator Bill Lazor. He's a sharp up-and-comer who can have a transformative effect on this squad.

Predicted win total: Nine.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... ers_brandt

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 11:29 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I'd say this is a pretty accurate prediction for us considering we'll be installing a new offense and could have two rookies starting on the offensive line. I could see us starting off slow but really getting hot at the end of the season.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 11:53 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

wkloiber13 wrote:
I could see us starting off slow but really getting hot at the end of the season.

Which is the exact opposite of what always happens.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 9:31 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Lets say Miami goes 9-7, Tannehill becomes a top 15 QB, the line plays better and there is something of a ground game, the defense is roughly the same as last year...and Miami still doesn't make the playoffs. Is that good enough? Does that buy Philbin and Co. another year?

This is such a strange scenario. I know a lot of people are saying this is a boom or bust team, but in a weird way they almost have to be boom or bust to give us answers.

Without major injuries, Finnegan returning to old form, no GO/GO GO, and the ability to run the ball I would say this should be a 10 win, playoff bound team. But those are some major IFs.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 11:49 am 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Not if we can get Harbaugh. Ross will do anything to get his Michigan man.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 12:03 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

swerve13 wrote:
Not if we can get Harbaugh. Ross will do anything to get his Michigan man.

There is a better chance of Philbin being mauled by a brown bear, and a polar bear in this hour than Ross gaining Harbaugh for this season.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 12:05 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Who said anything about this season? We're talking about after the season. And Harbaugh is expected to leave San Francisco.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 12:07 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

swerve13 wrote:
Who said anything about this season? We're talking about after the season. And Harbaugh is expected to leave San Francisco.

The thread is about what's going to happen this season, not sure where you see 2015.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 12:11 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

The thread is about what's going to happen this season, not sure where you see 2015.

It helps to read all the posts leading up to the one you read, I was responding to Jammer's question about retaining Philbin if he goes 9-7 but misses the playoffs. I still do not think that is good enough and Harbaugh would be the top choice of Ross.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 12:18 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

swerve13 wrote:
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

It helps to read all the posts leading up to the one you read, I was responding to Jammer's question about retaining Philbin if he goes 9-7 but misses the playoffs. I still do not think that is good enough and Harbaugh would be the top choice of Ross.

It also helps to use quotes, otherwise, it looks like you're responding to the OP.

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]