View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Marino files concussion lawsuit 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Marino files concussion lawsuit
This thread has gone way off topic. Now if Marino goes thru a a drive thru tomorrow & spills hot coffee on himself & sues .... we will be back on topic.

Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:13 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I think we all know now why Danny scored very low on his Wonderlic test.

Quote:
“Within the last year I authorized a claim to be filed on my behalf just in case I needed future medical coverage to protect me and my family in the event I later suffered from effects of head trauma,” Marino said, via Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald. “In so doing I did not realize I would be automatically listed as a plaintiff in a lawsuit against the NFL. I have made the decision it is not necessary for me to be part of any claims or this lawsuit and therefore I am withdrawing as a plaintiff effective immediately. I am sympathetic to other players who are seeking relief who may have suffered head injuries.”

Peter King of TheMMQB.com reports that Marino is not currently suffering from any head-trauma issues and is currently negotiating for a position working with the Dolphins, as well as for a role with the AARP.

Marino did suffer concussions on the football field, and he wants to be able to get compensation if he ever feels symptoms of brain damage. But at the moment, he says he doesn’t need and isn’t asking for any damages from the NFL.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... plaintiff/

Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:28 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Big Dave wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:
randylvc wrote:
The woman had 3rd degree burns on a good portion of her body.. the coffee was over 300 degrees..
Believe you are a touch high on the temp.

LOL. At 300° water is a gas. Water starts to boil at 212°F.

:headscratch

just a typo i was rounding to 200 degrees and have fat fingers :ann0y:

Watched that movie about 2 years ago when i was bored out of my mind...
If i remember it right.. the amount was that high because there were so many other people burned before her.. and they never did anything to fix the problem..

As for the Marino Lawsuit... I'll always remember Dan the man from his playing days... He seems to have a track record of changing his mind since he retired.... Am at the point where I don't care if they hire him anymore.... we did that once.. he quit.....

Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:57 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

randylvc wrote:
Rich wrote:
Manhattan wrote:
Filing a lawsuit is not money grubbing its making ise of the justice system.

So the woman that sued McDonalds because she spilled hot coffee on herself is just making use of the justice system?

The woman had 3rd degree burns on a good portion of her body.. the coffee was over 300 degrees.. about twice what it should have been.. she asked them yo simply pay the medical bills.. they offered her less then 10%... There is a documentary on netflix about it.. things are not always what them seem rich...

She shouldn't have spilled coffee on herself.

Period.

And get your facts straight, the coffee was 180 degrees, not over 300....

Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:25 am

Big Dave wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:
randylvc wrote:
The woman had 3rd degree burns on a good portion of her body.. the coffee was over 300 degrees..
Believe you are a touch high on the temp.

LOL. At 300° water is a gas. Water starts to boil at 212°F.

:headscratch

Yeah, some people are so narrow minded and don't get the facts before yapping their gums.

Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:28 am

Big Dave wrote:

Quote:
“Within the last year I authorized a claim to be filed on my behalf just in case I needed future medical coverage to protect me and my family in the event I later suffered from effects of head trauma,” Marino said, via Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald. “In so doing I did not realize I would be automatically listed as a plaintiff in a lawsuit against the NFL. I have made the decision it is not necessary for me to be part of any claims or this lawsuit and therefore I am withdrawing as a plaintiff effective immediately. I am sympathetic to other players who are seeking relief who may have suffered head injuries.”

Peter King of TheMMQB.com reports that Marino is not currently suffering from any head-trauma issues and is currently negotiating for a position working with the Dolphins, as well as for a role with the AARP.

Marino did suffer concussions on the football field, and he wants to be able to get compensation if he ever feels symptoms of brain damage. But at the moment, he says he doesn’t need and isn’t asking for any damages from the NFL.

This whole concussion lawsuit is crap. You mean to tell me you didn't think there would be some damage to your brain simply by seeing some of the hits these players take? You signed up for it, you own it. And you blew all of your money after your career was over, stop trying to make others responsible for your mistakes.

I think the only legitimate gripe I have seen is about team doctors giving players meds without prescriptions so players would play injured, telling them it would be OK.

Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:30 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

randylvc wrote:
just a typo i was rounding to 200 degrees and have fat fingers :ann0y:

Hey, don't ruin my fun here, Randy.

:fart:

Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:35 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Manhattan wrote:
Wow i didnt know there were such narrow minded folks in here. Coffee isnt water, dave ...

Got to be careful, Manhattan. They say that if your mind is too open your brain will fall out;)

Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:38 am
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rich wrote:
Big Dave wrote:

Quote:

This whole concussion lawsuit is crap. You mean to tell me you didn't think there would be some damage to your brain simply by seeing some of the hits these players take? You signed up for it, you own it. And you blew all of your money after your career was over, stop trying to make others responsible for your mistakes.

I think the only legitimate gripe I have seen is about team doctors giving players meds without prescriptions so players would play injured, telling them it would be OK.

the nfl and dr's were telling players things that were not true about the effects..and new they were telling them things that were not true...all started with mike webster

Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:12 am

Kev1321 wrote:
the nfl and dr's were telling players things that were not true about the effects..and new they were telling them things that were not true...all started with mike webster

You don't know this.

Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:16 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline ... of-denial/

Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:16 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rich wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:

You don't know this.

i thought i did? i did stay at a holiday inn

Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:17 am

Kev1321 wrote:
Rich wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:

You don't know this.

Only if you were present when the doctors were telling the players...

Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:19 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rich wrote:

Quote:
Only if you were present when the doctors were telling the players..
what i did do is watch the frontline episode about it...the evidence was there as far as i'm concerned.
Quote:
The National Football League, a multibillion-dollar commercial juggernaut, presides over America’s indisputable national pastime. But the NFL is under assault: thousands of former players and a host of scientists have claimed the league tried to cover up how football inflicted long-term brain injuries on many players. What did the NFL know, and when did it know it? In a special two-hour investigation, FRONTLINE and prize-winning journalists Mark Fainaru-Wada and Steve Fainaru of ESPN reveal the hidden story of the NFL and brain injuries, drawn from their forthcoming book, League of Denial

Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:26 am

You mean the Frontline episode that failed to mention that the NFLPA would have known as well? Where were they in all of this since they would have had shared responsibility?

Funny how Frontline didn't want to touch the union side of it.

Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:57 am
Phinfever Design Admin
Phinfever Design Admin

Look screw the Marino and that lawsuit talk. I want to discuss this from Rich's post.

Quote:
In 1996, Florida physical therapist Paul Shimkonis sued his local nudie bar claiming whiplash from a lap dancer's large breasts. Shimkonis felt he suffered physical harm and mental anguish from the breasts, which he claimed felt like "cement blocks" hitting him. Shimkonis sought justice in the amount of $15,000, which was denied.

:)

Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:01 pm
Phinfever Design Admin
Phinfever Design Admin

With all these lap dances some former and current players have been getting, no wonder they play like hell on Sunday.. they've got concussions!

Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:04 pm

Coots wrote:
With all these lap dances some former and current players have been getting, no wonder they play like hell on Sunday.. they've got concussions!

The NFL needs better attorneys if they couldn't pick up on that defense...

Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:05 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Coots wrote:
Look screw the Marino and that lawsuit talk. I want to discuss this from Rich's post.

Quote:
In 1996, Florida physical therapist Paul Shimkonis sued his local nudie bar claiming whiplash from a lap dancer's large breasts. Shimkonis felt he suffered physical harm and mental anguish from the breasts, which he claimed felt like "cement blocks" hitting him. Shimkonis sought justice in the amount of $15,000, which was denied.

Sounds like a night at my house, Cooter!

Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:08 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Design Admin
Phinfever Design Admin

I'm a married man, but to all of you guys out there that aren't, I'm buying all of y'all one of those cement breast dances. We'll charge it to McKinnie's account if it gets to high.

Then you all can sue the club, the NFL somehow, the Dr. who gave her those cement breast, the bartender for pouring the drinks to strong and finally Rich.

Rich just deserves to be sued I think. :haha

Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:11 pm
Phinfever Design Admin
Phinfever Design Admin

Big Dave wrote:
Coots wrote:

Quote:

Sounds like a night at my house, Cooter!

I know how old you are Dave. I know better. Unless you got whiplash from waking up from that dream to fast and knocking your noggin on the headboard causing the concussion, I'm calling you out on this one.

:ann0y:

Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:13 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

.[/quote]

Yeah, some people are so narrow minded and don't get the facts before yapping their gums.[/quote]

WOW you are just too much... Must be hard to be perfect... how many more people are you gonna let this jackwagon chase away dave? for real does he cut you grass for you? any place else would have banned him years ago... HE is 100% the reason I stopped donating to this forum.. and if you think I'm the only one.. you must be as "narrow minded" as I am

keep your forum..

Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:20 am

randylvc wrote:
Must be hard to be perfect...

Not really. :yay:

Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:41 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rich 's theme song.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:03 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rich wrote:
Manhattan wrote:
Filing a lawsuit is not money grubbing its making ise of the justice system.

So the woman that sued McDonalds because she spilled hot coffee on herself is just making use of the justice system?

Well, then it is time to change the justice system.

We must have the most litigious society in the world.

It is no wonder so many scumbag attorneys are so well off. They can invent new reasons to sue people.

"Hey my client slipped and fell while burglarizing this person's house, so they are liable for his medical bills!"

That's what happens today and it makes our justice system a joke.

The US by far and away has the most sue happy culture in the world and it comes at the detriment of almost everyone, except the slimeball attourneys. What makes me so sick is 70+ percent of Americans agree with you and me, but most Federal politicians have a legal background, and feel a need a need to protect their brotherhood.

Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:29 am

AQNOR wrote:
Rich 's theme song.

Why didn't you post it twice twice?

Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:42 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

WOW you are just too much... Must be hard to be perfect... how many more people are you gonna let this jackwagon chase away dave? for real does he cut you grass for you? any place else would have banned him years ago... HE is 100% the reason I stopped donating to this forum.. and if you think I'm the only one.. you must be as "narrow minded" as I am

keep your forum..

So you stop posting and/or donating because of one man? Pull your pants up bro, seriously. Ignore him, don't read his posts, ETC.... Just a little dramatic IMO.

Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:19 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Makchell wrote:

keep your forum..

So you stop posting and/or donating because of one man? Pull your pants up bro, seriously. Ignore him, don't read his posts, ETC.... Just a little dramatic IMO.

How come that isn't the rule for everyone then?

Last edited by Kev1321 on Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:02 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Makchell wrote:

keep your forum..

I wish it was that easy.. the dude post his message of hate every time he gets a chance...

I've tried to get past this guy.. but he's just everywhere on this forum... picks fights with 3/4th of the non core users every chance he gets.. hes a cancer..

I don't have the time to come to a place like this to get pissed off.. I hope that is not the intent of this forum... but hell.. all anyone has to do is read back...

it's pretty simply math...

There are many great fans on this page.. it's what has always kept me rolling back in... but enough is enough.... someone needs to gag this guy.. seems he can't help himself...

anyway I'm done ranting... not willing to spend more time pissed off over a dork that thinks he is tough hiding behind a keyboard.... I'm far too old to deal with jr high attitude that he brings to 1/2 the post he makes...

don't take my word for it... just read back.. everything you need to know about what I'm saying is in the countless people he has had it out with on this forum...

you guys set rules for him before.. never enforce them and he just pisses off a new crowd.. then more talk or rules.. and he plays nice a few weeks.. but in the end he just can't help himself...

Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:15 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Well, I'm not the owner, but I'm sorry you feel that way. I've gotten into it with Rich plenty of times, but I never get "pissed off" about it like you do. I guess I can't expect posters to be me, so I'm sure Dave will read this post.

How come that isn't the rule for everyone then?

Seriously Kev?

Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:20 pm

randylvc wrote:
Makchell wrote:

keep your forum..

I wish it was that easy.. the dude post his message of hate every time he gets a chance...

I've tried to get past this guy.. but he's just everywhere on this forum... picks fights with 3/4th of the non core users every chance he gets.. hes a cancer..

I don't have the time to come to a place like this to get pissed off.. I hope that is not the intent of this forum... but hell.. all anyone has to do is read back...

it's pretty simply math...

There are many great fans on this page.. it's what has always kept me rolling back in... but enough is enough.... someone needs to gag this guy.. seems he can't help himself...

anyway I'm done ranting... not willing to spend more time pissed off over a dork that thinks he is tough hiding behind a keyboard.... I'm far too old to deal with jr high attitude that he brings to 1/2 the post he makes...

don't take my word for it... just read back.. everything you need to know about what I'm saying is in the countless people he has had it out with on this forum...

you guys set rules for him before.. never enforce them and he just pisses off a new crowd.. then more talk or rules.. and he plays nice a few weeks.. but in the end he just can't help himself...

All this because I poked fun at Manhattan for calling everyone disagreeing with him narrow-minded and because I poked fun at you for your typo?

I'll do you the favor and put you on ignore, you can do the same and we can call it a day.

Problem solved. See how easy that was?

Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:22 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rich's theme song.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:18 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Bad talking Marino is not allowed here. If he filed it knowingly, good for him. If he was just signing things and made a mistake, he gets a pass.

Any way you look at this story, Dan Marino is right...

Now Dave you can go delete any post calling Dan money grubbing, or referring to Dan in a negative way, and give those posters a time out...

Again, whatever the story is. Dan is right..

:awe:

Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:00 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

I'm going to file a lawsuit against Phinfever for the concussion I just received reading all this. I fell asleep in my chair, fell out and hit my head. I'll never be the same.

Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:13 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

NFLJunkie wrote:
I'm going to file a lawsuit against Phinfever for the concussion I just received reading all this. I fell asleep in my chair, fell out and hit my head. I'll never be the same.

I will PM you the sheet to sign up. I have retained the services of Dewey, Cheetum & Howe to represent us.

Dave, our attorneys will be in touch soon....

Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:55 am
Phinfever Design Admin
Phinfever Design Admin

NFLJunkie wrote:

Just admit it was the cement breast and we can all rest easy tonight.

Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2