View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 PFF - Tannehill in the Shotgun and Under Center 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post PFF - Tannehill in the Shotgun and Under Center
I cut out some of the stats to make it fit into our forum, so, if you want to see the complete stats and PFF's analsys you will need to go to:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... s-shotgun/

Since we face Brady twice a year, I find it interesting that he performed much better under center than he does in the shotgun last year. I think he is in decline when it comes to pressure.

SHOTGUN

UNDER CENTER

Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:47 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: PFF - Tannehill in the Shotgun and Under Center
Quote:
By James Walker | ESPN.com
6/12/13
2:20
PM ET

The New York Jets and Miami Dolphins played conservative on offense for long stretches last season. Neither team ran wide-open, pass-heavy offenses due to protecting quarterbacks Mark Sanchez and Ryan Tannehill. ...

Tannehill and Sanchez were ranked 31st and 34th, respectively, in completion percentage from the shotgun. Tannehill completed just 57 percent of his passes from the formation with seven touchdowns and nine interceptions, ...

Tannehill lined up in the shotgun 337 times last season. That is more than Super Bowl-winning quarterback Joe Flacco (315), Robert Griffin III (302), Ben Roethlisberger (260) and other notables. ... His Total Quarterback Rating was 45.1 from the shotgun formation.

Both the Jets and Dolphins will run West Coast offenses this season aimed at pushing the pace and scoring points. Thriving in the shotgun is an important piece to the puzzle, especially on third downs. ...

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/ ... om-shotgun

Last edited by AQNOR on Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:11 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

AQNOR wrote:
Tannehill and Sanchez were ranked 31st and 34th, respectively, in completion percentage from the shotgun. Tannehill completed just 57 percent of his passes from the formation with seven touchdowns and nine interceptions, ...

Ok

Quote:

Ok.

Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:15 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rich wrote:
AQNOR wrote:

Ok

Quote:

Ok.

Thanks, corrected.

Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:39 pm

AQNOR wrote:
Thanks, corrected.

Thanks! I can't stand when things are redundantly redundant!

Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:48 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

AQNOR wrote:
Quote:
6/12/13

Hey, AQNOR. I think you skipped the entire 2013 season. They're talking about his rookie season.

Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:19 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

If RT lined up behind center in Shermans offense, there was a pretty good chance its a run. Stack the box. If he was in the shotgun, its an option read so the defense could actually dictate our gameplan being he would see how the D lines up and make his change.. Too easy for a good DC to show one thing and do another.. Show RT your defending the run and he will option the pass, you know its coming.....

While I like RT having the control, the OC needs to be smart enough to not be soo friggin predictable.
Forget facing Brady twice a year, Bellicheat is one of the best defensive coaches in the league. And if that is not enough, Rex Ryan is pretty good at figuring out how to stop an offense.

Bad coaching kills. I am beginning to think Philbin's duties were taking McCarthy's clothes to the dry cleaner, make coffee, etc....

I look forward to Lazor having total control of our offense. Even tho I have very little faith in the current staff...

Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:54 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Big Dave wrote:
AQNOR wrote:
Quote:
6/12/13

Hey, AQNOR. I think you skipped the entire 2013 season. They're talking about his rookie season.

I put it there to show he has made some improvement. Sorry I did not spell it out.

And for Rich only. I put it there to show he has made some improvement. Sorry I did not spell it out.

Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:33 pm

Thank you, thank you.

Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]