View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Dolphins actively discussing more trades- Hurd? 
Phinfever Live! Radio Host
Phinfever Live! Radio Host

Post Dolphins actively discussing more trades- Hurd?
Quote:
According to a team source, the Dolphins have made calls guaging what it would require to move up from pick No. 40, getting into the earlier region of the second round, fielded calls about moving down in the second round, and held preliminary discussions about acquiring established NFL veterans.

One player that's been discussed with Miami is Dallas receiver Sam Hurd, whom the Cowboys are actively looking to move after selecting Oklahoma State receiver Dez Bryant with the draft's 24th pick.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... 4652.story

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:34 am
Profile YIM
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post Re: Dolphins actively discussing more trades- Hurd?
Why? Good ST'er, though

Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:57 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

enJeppesen wrote:
Why? Good ST'er, though

Because he's more of a playmaker than Camarillo and it leads to more competition in camp. I'm all for it as long as cost next to nothing to get him.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:00 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

My guess is they are seeing what it would take to move to pick Kindle. He seems like the type of player who would present great value in the second round. That would be awesome to see him on the board when Miami picks again.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:02 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Why would we move up??

Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:29 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

that woul be great to move up in the early second & be able to snatch the SERG. sergio kindle was who i was hopeing for us to draft in the first .
i pray for us to be able to get him with this second pick . believe he would be a perfict fit with this new defense we are gonna be playing this year. this guy will be a beast im telling ya the SERG :yay:

Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:38 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

DeRaileD77 wrote:
that woul be great to move up in the early second & be able to snatch the SERG. sergio kindle was who i was hopeing for us to draft in the first .
i pray for us to be able to get him with this second pick . believe he would be a perfict fit with this new defense we are gonna be playing this year. this guy will be a beast im telling ya the SERG :yay:

Why should we chance things on a guy who in all likelihood will need microfracture surgery?

Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:57 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Rock Sexton wrote:
DeRaileD77 wrote:

Why should we chance things on a guy who in all likelihood will need microfracture surgery?

I agree! I like Kindle but if we don't pick him and he's available then I understand why. I think the Trifecta is banking on finding OLB later in this draft and not drinking the Kindle Kool-Aid.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:01 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

The report on KINDLE is that he has "stiff hips". For an OLB, to have any sort of problem w/mobility and change of direction is a red flag. He might be this season's V GHOLSON. How much of his play was his ability, and how much was the overall incredible strength of the TEXAS "D"?

I wonder if PIS is planning on "doubling up" early at NT? CODY is still there, is he not? CLAUSSEN and McCOY are great value now, and should take up 2 early 2d Round picks. That leaves 5 in front of us. Going from the 8th pick in the 2nd Round to the 3rd shouldn't be too expensive. Still, WHY DO IT? A lot of VERY solid players, at the 3 "need" positions of NT,FS, and OLB, will still be there LONG after we pick at #40. So, I guess I'd just wait and see.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]