View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Coyle: Dion Jordan will 'explode this year' 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Coyle: Dion Jordan will 'explode this year'
and now I'm officially excited..... :runwiththeball: :yay: :yay: :grin: :grin:

Quote:
Jordan showed up to Dolphins camp noticeably bigger this spring. Jordan hit the weight room hard this offseason and bulked up to 265 pounds, which is about 17 pounds heavier than last year around this time. Jordan is turning a lot of heads with his increased strength while still maintaining his athleticism.

Here was Dolphins defensive coordinator Kevin Coyle's thoughts on his second-year defensive end:
"Oh yeah, but we have a different Dion (Jordan) as well. The thing was last year, we came very close in the preseason to have to make a decision whether or not we were going to basically redshirt Dion or know that we were going to get limited snaps from him. All of the talk in the offseason that centered around, ‘Well, he wasn’t utilized, he didn’t do that.’ Well, honestly, we knew going into the year that he had not had the offseason, that he was coming off of an injury and would it be in the best interest of our team to have him, even for limited snaps, we made that decision. Certainly, Dion wished he had a bigger rookie season and so do we, but we have great expectations for Dion Jordan coming into this year. You cannot have enough great pass-rushers and, we feel that with Dion at full speed, we have a prime-time player that’s going to explode this year.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/ ... -this-year

Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:49 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Post Re: Coyle: Dion Jordan will 'explode this year'
Well swerve, I have to admit this is something to be excited about. I have heard he had spent time with JT this off season, talking and getting advice. Also one of the reasons he is hanging around.

Between Wake, and JT guiding him, if Jordan is not a all pro most of his career I will be shocked...

Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:07 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

He will be traded, watch...lol

Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:12 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

10acjed wrote:
Between Wake, and JT guiding him, if Jordan is not a all pro most of his career I will be shocked...

You can probably count how many DEs were an All-Pro more often than not throughout their career on your two hands...that's a pretty big reach. You're asking the kid to be one of the top 2 best at his position every season to accomplish that.

Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:52 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I will be happy to see Jordan crack the lineup and be a regular factor harassing the opposing quarterbacks.

The kid was behind with his college schedule last season and was injured throughout the year. However, he is still officially a second year pro and having a season of experience under his belt and now improving his body frame certainly appears to potentially show a vast improvement for more opportunity and more production.

Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:49 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Makchell wrote:

Before or after he explodes?

I think his trade value will be considerably less if he is in a million pieces...

Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:43 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays

Rich wrote:
Makchell wrote:

Before or after he explodes?

I think his trade value will be considerably less if he is in a million pieces...

:haha

We might want to go ahead and do this quick, we're getting a lot of reports of him being, "all puffed up", "it's like someone inflated him", he could explode any minute now...

Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]