View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Hartline, Wallace praise Lazor's offense 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Hartline, Wallace praise Lazor's offense
Quote:
By James Walker | ESPN.com

DAVIE, Fla. -- The Miami Dolphins ran a stale and predictable offense last season under former coordinator Mike Sherman. Miami finished 27th in total offense and was inconsistent running and passing the football. ...

We are only in Phase 3 of the Dolphins’ offseason program, but Lazor is getting rave reviews from his players.

“It’s really interesting. I’ve never been in an offense like this, how it’s called, how it’s run, the combination routes,” Dolphins receiver Brian Hartline said. “There’s a lot of things going on that I haven’t done. It’s really exciting and actually, I’m really enjoying it. You can tell it puts a smile on my face. I can’t wait to learn more, do more and then put it into action.”

Lazor is still experimenting and learning his players. For example, one interesting wrinkle the Dolphins are toying with is how to use tailbacks Lamar Miller and Knowshon Moreno in the same backfield.

Not everything is going to stick come September. But Dolphins players seem to appreciate the creativity. That is a good sign at this early stage.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/ ... rs-offense

Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:48 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: Hartline, Wallace praise Lazor's offense
the dolphins put miller in a tough spot last year by not giving him any help. and tanne to a step but needs to keep improving..and the oline and scandal..messy!
that said i expect all to be better with or without lazor.

Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:04 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

My hope is that Lazor is really impressive this year - then Ross/Hickey proceeds to fire Philbin and company, give Lazor the reigns and he brings in more of these Chip Kelly style people to get this team going.

Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:19 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

IamPZ wrote:
My hope is that Lazor is really impressive this year - then Ross/Hickey proceeds to fire Philbin and company, give Lazor the reigns and he brings in more of these Chip Kelly style people to get this team going.

Part of me thinks Ross really wants Philbin to succeed. There is no question he likes him a lot. And if he does falter its all in on Harbaugh.

Lazor has a chance to use this as a launching pad to a head coach position elsewhere, in my opinion. If he gets Tannehill and Co. going this year, and they make playoffs perhaps this year and in 2015 then I have no doubt he'll be a hot name ala Jay Gruden.

Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:55 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

IamPZ wrote:

If Lazor exceeds, that would mean the offense would post up top 12 numbers...I don't see Philbin being fired in that scenario. Losing games wouldn't just reflect on Philbin, it makes them both look bad.

Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]