View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Omar Kelly OTA observations 6/9 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Omar Kelly OTA observations 6/9
Omar Kelly @OmarKelly · 1m
Jamar Taylor breaks up a pass in the end zone to Charles Clay. Defense is hot today.

Omar Kelly @OmarKelly · 12m
I'm on week three of watching these motions from the offense. They are super confusing. Puts a lot of responsibility on the QBs.

Omar Kelly @OmarKelly · 14m
Based on what I've seen for 3 weeks now I'm very comfortable with Cortland Finnegan as the starter opposite Grimes.

Omar Kelly @OmarKelly · 20m
Jordan Tripp and Jelani Jenkins are paired together in the nickel package. That's intriguing.

Omar Kelly @OmarKelly · 30m
The Dolphins just used a package that featured Charles Clay, Dion Sims and rookie Harold Hoskins, who actually got the pass from Tannehill.

Omar Kelly @OmarKelly · 37m
Daniel Thomas appears to be getting second team reps. Dolphins fans might not want to stick a fork in him just yet.

Omar Kelly @OmarKelly · 43m
Marcus Thigpen, Lamar Miller and Damian Williams are working as the team's kickoff returners.

Omar Kelly @OmarKelly · 44m
Brandon Gibson is doing wind sprints. No practice again for Gibson, who is 7 months into ACL rehab.

Omar Kelly @OmarKelly · 48m
Just realized Knowshon Moreno is working with the scrub unit. Ouch.

Omar Kelly @OmarKelly · 50m
Cameron Wake would have sacked Tannehill, possibly doing bodily harm on a roll out to the right. Not good for JaWuan James.

Omar Kelly @OmarKelly · 52m
Vernon would have sacked Tannehill during 11-on-11 red Zone, beating Albert. But Tannehill threw to Wallace, who caught out of bounds

Omar Kelly @OmarKelly · 53m
Rishard Matthews enters his third week as the starting spot. Brian Hartline is doing team drills for the second week in a row.

Omar Kelly @OmarKelly · 1h
Considering how many packages the Dolphins have use tight ends I can envision four making it to the 53 safely, maybe five.

Earl Mitchell continues to be paired with Randy Starks on the starting D-line. Not sure if that's due to Jared Odrick's injury or his role.

Dallas Thomas is entering week 3 of OTAs as the starting left guard. That means he's holding off Billy Turner. But remember, no pads yet.

Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:40 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: Omar Kelly OTA observations 6/9
So now Gibson tore his ACL?? Talk about true insight from Omar. I learn something new every day..

Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:24 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

marc23 wrote:
So now Gibson tore his ACL?? Talk about true insight from Omar. I learn something new every day..

Yup. Always putting his foot in his mouth. Omar. : )

Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:39 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I'm intrigued by the talk about the Tight End sets & formations. Gator Hoskins getting the ball with Clay & Sims there could be a B.A. play

I'm also glad to hear that Cortland is winning Omar over. Not that his opinion matters as much as I'm glad to see hes taking the right steps. & I hope it translates to the field cause he & Grimes could be amazing

Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:37 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays

Omar's tweets have the ring of week 3 TC, it's just OTAs so you will see a lot of stuff and forms with different people, many of whom won't be on the roster so hard to say what the O is going to look like and also very difficult to ascertain who may be ready to start.

I'm very optimistic about the potential of the offense but a little worried about Tanne being able to handle all the change, but motion is the way to go, especially nowadays and with the players we have, it's a long wait til there in pads...

Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:22 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

True, but there are some indicators that you can take away from these that are worth noting. The tempo of the offense for one, and the amount of movement. Individual performances don't mean as much as the style of offense and Lazor's demeanor and attention to detail. So far, so good.

Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:58 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Quote:
Omar Kelly @OmarKelly · 37m
Daniel Thomas appears to be getting second team reps. Dolphins fans might not want to stick a fork in him just yet.

DT is probably Miami's second best back on the team and is more favorable in the Red Zone. When his game is on he really isn't bad. The problem with DT is that Ireland moved up in the second round to get him. Most analysts were praising the move at the time. I was suckered into drafting him high in our dynasty league that year.

Quote:
Omar Kelly @OmarKelly · 43m
Marcus Thigpen, Lamar Miller and Damian Williams are working as the team's kickoff returners.

I just can't see Thigpen being on our roster this year. He was very disappointing last year. I am mindful that the kickoff protection wasn't stellar, but when he had the opportunity he didn't have that explosiveness that he had the first year. I don't see Damian Williams beating him out though, and Lamar Miller is more important as our starting running back. I'm not sure what the thought-process here on STs.

Quote:
Brandon Gibson is doing wind sprints. No practice again for Gibson, who is 7 months into ACL rehab.

Omar is just letting us all know that Gibson isn't ready for anything but windsprints and is behind the others in the new offense. I appreciate his observations here.

Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:04 am
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Kelly's most interesting comment was that this was the most improved he has seen the offense from the previous year's OTAs. Not saying it is the best offense they have had or will have, but the improvement from this time last year is significant.

But lets keep perspective. We are comparing pad-less practices from 2013 to 2014. I'll feel better when I see the offense and defense look good in game 3 of the preseason.

I suspect that Lazor knows his talent and can figure out how to make them productive. There will be no excuses this year if there is a lack of execution.

Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:25 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
Quote:

Omar is just letting us all know that Gibson isn't ready for anything but windsprints and is behind the others in the new offense. I appreciate his observations here.

Exactly Dave, I don't know where those comments came from against Omar. He told the truth, which is Gibson is rehabbing from a torn ACL. How does that get misread?

Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:39 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Finhead34 wrote:

Exactly Dave, I don't know where those comments came from against Omar. He told the truth, which is Gibson is rehabbing from a torn ACL. How does that get misread?

Maybe it is about a torn patella tendon instead of an ACL tear?

Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:55 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

AQNOR wrote:
Finhead34 wrote:

Isn't it pretty much the same thing?

http://www.methodistorthopedics.com/pat ... of-the-acl

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patellar_ligament

Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:57 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Big Dave wrote:
AQNOR wrote:
Finhead34 wrote:

Isn't it pretty much the same thing?

http://www.methodistorthopedics.com/pat ... of-the-acl

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patellar_ligament

I am not a medical professional nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn last night so I don't know if they are pretty much the same thing or not. They are both ligaments in the knee so ... probably depends on who you talk too I guess.

For myself I have no problem with his saying ACL. I knew Omar was talking about his knee problem and could not remember the actual problem until I looked it up. He was tweeting and not writing an article for the printed page so no biggie to me.

Since he is a beat writer for the Phins maybe some expect more. Haters gonna hate. ; )

Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]