View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Brandon Flowers 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post Brandon Flowers
Im not convinced finnegan can be the answer across from grimes and its very possible some of the young guys play good enough to start but Flowers was a pro bowler last year.

What do you guys think? Is he past his prime or should miami bring him in? I vote sign him and help solidify this defense

Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:15 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Brandon Flowers
Manhattan wrote:
Im not convinced finnegan can be the answer across from grimes and its very possible some of the young guys play good enough to start but Flowers was a pro bowler last year.

What do you guys think? Is he past his prime or should miami bring him in? I vote sign him and help solidify this defense

What we need to do is stop spending money on free agents and start developing our own players.

Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:15 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

There a lot of guys on the team that were developed. Cameron Wake, olivier vernon, jared odrick, brian hartline, charles clay, mike pouncey, ryan tannehill, rashad jones, rishard matthews, dion sims, derrick shelby, jimmy wilson and marcus thigpen are all guys that contributed to the team last year and weve got dallas thomas coming up and lamar miller still in the wings. Signing a veteran like flowers doesnt mean you give up on davis and taylor in the secondary, though.

Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:30 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

IF this is the day one roster, which obviously it may not be, then there are 29 guys that were drafted or developed (in wake's case) and can be considered "our own." That's over half the team so its not like all miami does is sign free agents to build a team we have a strong core of guys that are "our own"

Qb
Tannehill

Rb
Miller
Thomas
Thigpen

Wr
Hartline
Matthews
Landry

Te
Clay
Sims
Egnew

OL
James
Turner
Pouncey
Thomas
Garner

Dl
Wake
Shelby
Vernon
Odrick
Francis

Lb
Tripp
Misi
Jenkins

Db
Wilson
Davis
Taylor
Jones
Jones

ST
Sturgis
Fields
Denney

Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:36 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I just did some research on him and found out he's from my hometown...Delray Beach. Sign 'em up now!!! Hard to believe I'm just now finding this out...went to my Atlantic High too...should've been recruited by The U.

Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:11 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Manhattan wrote:
Im not convinced finnegan can be the answer across from grimes and its very possible some of the young guys play good enough to start

How could you be convinced, bro? We're 50 days away from the Hall of Fame game still. If he sucks in preseason then maybe be unconvinced haha Know what I mean?

Anyways, Cortland could be a huge value for the Phins. & assuming he plays well for a couple years we would have whats supposed to be the replacements ready to take over. I trust Coyle's evaluation of DBs

Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:58 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
Chiefs released CB Brandon Flowers.
Flowers' performance and usefulness in Kansas City slipped dramatically under new DC Bob Sutton last season, as a press-man scheme was installed in the secondary and Flowers failed to find a fit. He wound up mostly at slot corner, and was beaten relentlessly. The Chiefs were trying to trade Flowers, but found no takers for his contract. Flowers had some of the best years of his career under now-Texans DC Romeo Crennel, and cornerback depth is needed in Houston. We wouldn't be surprised to see them reunite. Flowers turned 28 in February.

Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:32 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

We have high draft picks that waiting in the wings, no thanks.

Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:32 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Makchell wrote:

For that reason, I have to agree. Would have loved to add him though. Young, yet experienced corners are great to have. We just have too many young players we have invested in already.

Why can't some team just release a pro bowl guard from last year or something??? lol

Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:05 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Having young players doesnt mean you shouldnt and canta dd talent. In fact it probably means the opposite. Bring in a talented veteran and if the young guys are ready they will play. If not youve got a good veteran. And say finnegans is still no good, and only one young guy is ready then we have the same problem we had last year with little to.no depth at corner.
I mean if you dont like flowers abilities thats one thing but to say no because we ha e young playersdoesnt make sense

Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:07 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

He's no better than Finnegan.

Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:25 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
What we need to do is stop spending money on free agents and start developing our own players.

I agree EAST. If they didn't already sign Cortland then I think you look into Flowers. Veteran investment is already accomplished on our current roster and we have a handful of young guys that need to be groomed to take over. I think that Romeo Crennel in Houston could get Flowers reunited with him as well as a few other teams ready to pounce him. He will get scooped up soon. I just hope the stupid Jets don't get him as they are one team in the mix of interest.

Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:42 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Makchell wrote:

Yep, I am very interested to see what Jamar Taylor can do this year now that he is healthy.

If we are going to spend money on anyone it should be on an offensive guard.

Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:50 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Its not like miami can only sign one player right now

Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]