Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:44 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Quote:

• Cameron Wake isn’t going to take it easy in training camp, didn’t even take it easy on the first day. “The gloves are off,” he said. “I’m going to be giving it everything I’ve got every day.” Spoken like a true veteran.

• Smart move starting most of the training camp practices at 8 a.m. It’s still hot, at times brutally hot, but at least it’s dry.

• For those who have been screaming for more screen plays from this offense – yours truly included – this new-look attack is going to satisfy that appetite. And not just your normal screens. Expect a lot of middle screens and wide receiver screens as well. ..

• So Koa Misi is now entrenched, or so it seems, at inside linebacker. It’s early, but it appears to be a good fit. “I’m feeling more and more comfortable on the inside,” Misi said. “For me, it’s all about reading defenses from the inside out instead of the outside in.” The move could very well turn out to be the key to improvement in the rushing defense.

• Training camp reminds you there is still nothing quite like a wide-eyed kid getting an autograph from one of his favorite players.

• There always seems to be a play or two in practice that reminds me of how valuable it is having a back-up quarterback like Matt Moore. ...

http://www.thefinsiders.com/blog/2014/a ... ining-camp

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:39 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Koa Misi is trying to read defenses? Did we move him to tight end?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:40 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

It was 9:42 a.m. Friday when Ryan Tannehill faded back and hit Mike Wallace in full stride for a long pass play, the ball perfectly settling over Wallace’s right shoulder. Sure, it was only seven-on-seven drills. Sure it was only the first practice of the summer. Sure, there was an underthrown pass on a similar play earlier in practice. But you could tell by the way the crowd gasped that this is what they were waiting to see. “It’s all about timing,” Tannehill said. “That’s what I’ve got continue to work on.”

Positive steps forward.

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]