Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:16 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Quote:
Armando Salguero

Olivier Vernon and Cameron Wake continue to get the better of tackles Branden Albert and rookie Ja'Wuan James. Vernon had a sack vs. Albert. Wake is giving James multiple good lessons in what he should expect during the 2014 season.

Of all the poor plays by the offense, the one that sticks out most is the Jones interception. On that play, Ryan Tannehill had an open Mike Wallace down the field but for some inexplicable reason, the quarterback holds the ball perhaps a second or a beat too long. And so by the time he releases the ball, a wide open receiver is now not so open, and by the time the ball arrives, the defense has fully recovered and, well, Jones gets the interception. ...

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins ... rylink=cpy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:52 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Im always comfortable with the defense beating the offense early in the season because offense is timing while defense is reaction and if the drfense cant react fast enough against a rusty offense then its going to be a long season. If my memory is right i remember 2011 being a good year for the offense in training camp and the defense came out and gave up 52 to new england

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:18 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

the quarterback holds the ball perhaps a second or a beat too long.

Blame it on the OL.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:22 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

It is only Day 2, but why Tannehill cannot comfortably hit a wide open receiver down field after playing as much QB as he has now is very alarming. Wallace has that ability to plain smoke people and Tannehill should be loving to hit those passes by now.

I sure the heck hope he does not pull what he did last year and just WASTE Wallace's elite speed and leave points off the board. Wallace is a game changer with how fast he is.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:55 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

His decision making and holding the ball too long are huge negatives that were pointed out last year. Yes, the OL sucked. I am hoping with a running game and even a little better protection, he can start hitting some of those plays. Scoring points make the opposing teams change their gameplans. Look at us last year, we get down the D pins their ears back and killed RT. Then they wear down our D with running the ball and playing ball control.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:25 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Guys, if you follow Twitter you'll see that he's hit on about 2 of 5 deep balls in 2 days, one of them to Wallace.

Its hardly time to start worrying about this. If anything, that is a big improvement from last year.

I actually loved reading a tweet from O Kelly saying that Tannehill has really improved at throwing guys open as opposed to waiting for them to get open. That is huge in terms of getting the ball out faster.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:02 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

jammer wrote:
Guys, if you follow Twitter you'll see that he's hit on about 2 of 5 deep balls in 2 days, one of them to Wallace..

I find it interesting that Damian Williams steps in and makes a positive connection so early. If it continues then I believe we'll see Tannehill taking less of the blame for the failing connections with Wallace

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:20 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Quote:
ts hardly time to start worrying about this. If anything, that is a big improvement from last year.

Jammer, let me and Mak worry please! :haha

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:23 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Finhead34 wrote:
Quote:
ts hardly time to start worrying about this. If anything, that is a big improvement from last year.

Jammer, let me and Mak worry please! :haha

Ha, whatever you need bud.

Sounds like Tannehill hit on a few more deep balls today.

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ]