Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Practice report (Day 3)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:26 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Quote:
By Omar Kelly and Chris Perkins South Florida Sun Sentinel

10:20 a.m. EDT, July 27, 2014

Top performers from Sunday's Dolphins padded practice were: 1. Rookie receiver Jarvis Landry, who delivered what would have been a touchdown on a deep catch from Ryan Tannehill. 2. Receiver Rishard Matthews, who was active as Brandon Gibson's replacement. 3. Dion Jordan (interception with a pick-six). ...

--Cameron Wake just pimp slapped JaWuan James and would have put Ryan Tannehill in the hospital on a sack. Not pretty!

-- Daniel Thomas remains the team's starting third down back. I'm sensing the Dolphins are testing out Damien Williams in the same role. ...

-- Today is the first day I've REALLY been impressed with Jarvis Landry. Before it was all media hype. He moves WITH PADS. ...

-- It is obvious Ryan Tannehill is FINALLY getting the ball out his hand quicker in 7-on-7. ...

-- Okay, I'm sold on Daryn Colledge. Good signing. He's a solid NFL starter based on the first day of pads. ...

-- Randy Starks just got past Dallas Thomas with ease for a sack of Ryan Tannehill in 11-on-11s. ...

-- Randy Starks just drove Sam Brenner into the backfield with easy. Brenner can't block Starks. ...

-- First practice of 11 on 11 and Daryn Colledge just moved Randy Starks out of his hole. Impressive. ...

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... &track=rss

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:38 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

I don't care what Landry's 40 time is, he's a football player, not a track star. Just like Jerry Rice was a football player and not a track star.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:40 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

We always seem to have that bad combination of elite defensive line going up against suspect offensive lines.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:03 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

swerve13 wrote:
We always seem to have that bad combination of elite defensive line going up against suspect offensive lines.

Thats funny. We didn't hear about Vernon beating Albert today. Maybe our new LT is that much better when the pads are on

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:42 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

swerve13 wrote:
I don't care what Landry's 40 time is, he's a football player, not a track star. Just like Jerry Rice was a football player and not a track star.

So now he is Jerry Rice? Don't you think we should at least let him play a preseason game.

Sorry, had to. That is generally how MB work.

I agree with you. Teams focus more on what players can do in shorts than with pads when it comes draft time.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:51 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Quote:
- It is obvious Ryan Tannehill is FINALLY getting the ball out his hand quicker in 7-on-7.

Nice....3rd year can't wait to see.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:32 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Dphins4me wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

So now he is Jerry Rice? Don't you think we should at least let him play a preseason game.

Sorry, had to. That is generally how MB work.

I agree with you. Teams focus more on what players can do in shorts than with pads when it comes draft time.

Stop trying to make more out of what i said. I didnt call him Jerry Rice, I simply pointed out that Rice didnt wow anybody with his speed but he always seemed faster than everyone once the uniforms went on.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:57 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

swerve13 wrote:
Stop trying to make more out of what i said. I didnt call him Jerry Rice, I simply pointed out that Rice didnt wow anybody with his speed but he always seemed faster than everyone once the uniforms went on.

LOL, maybe you should re-read my post. I was kidding around.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:13 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

:yay: all good

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:43 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

I'm sure glad we took James instead of Moses.
Quote:
The Washington Post leaves the door open for the Redskins to possibly cut third-round OT Morgan Moses.
Beat writer Mike Jones does write that it would be "hard to see them giving up on a third-round pick this quickly." But Moses is having trouble adjusting to the speed and strength of NFL pass rushers. Tom Compton has outplayed Moses as the No. 3 tackle behind starters LT Trent Williams and RT Tyler Polumbus. Moses' name was brought up as a potential first- or second-rounder before going 66th overall to Washington. He'll be a reserve in year one.

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]