View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ] 
 Matt Moore is great 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Post Matt Moore is great
I always felt Matt Moore earned the starting job at QB, and its evident, he's clearly smarter and better than Tannehill.

If you check my previous history, I always felt Matt Moore earned it 2 years ago.

d-1

Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:04 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Post Re: Matt Moore is great

Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:09 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

OMG....he was playing against 2nd string defenders and a prevent defense. Did you not see Moore last year come in for RT and throw a pick? COme on D-1, it's getting hard to defend you here my friend.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:19 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:
OMG....he was playing against 2nd string defenders and a prevent defense. Did you not see Moore last year come in for RT and throw a pick? COme on D-1, it's getting hard to defend you here my friend.

Mak, we want to hone in on just that Bills game? There's more to his body of work with this team than that. I'm saying that not as a reason to support D-1 here, but just don't think it's justified to marginalize his abilities.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:26 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Makchell wrote:

Didn't he claim Moore was terrible and Devlin should have already surpassed him?

Can't take that throw away from Moore though. He put the ball only where Matthews could get it. Beautiful touch pass. This team could win 9 games with Moore starting and competent ground game.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:27 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

@jammer - I never said that, last season I did say he (Moore) struggled during preseason and came in 3rd, but if you followed my entire history of posting on the DD and FH, I always felt Moore earned the starting position, even when we drafted Tannehill.

In certain spots, Tannehill looks decent, but what kills him is his turnovers which leads to points.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:35 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

this is some smear campaign you're running against #17. Let's sign Curtis Painter, he's way better than Tannehill.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:37 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

dolphans1 wrote:
@jammer - I never said that, last season I did say he (Moore) struggled during preseason and came in 3rd, but if you followed my entire history of posting on the DD and FH, I always felt Moore earned the starting position, even when we drafted Tannehill.

In certain spots, Tannehill looks decent, but what kills him is his turnovers which leads to points.

I don't know what the DD and FH are. I don't track people's histories but when a recurring theme exists its easy to see what your agenda is.

In 2012 I said Moore deserved a chance to earn the starting job. At this point I don't think the competition is close. Tannehill is on his way to becoming a winning QB. Probably not elite, but very possible top 10. He appears to have an OC who can maximize his talents. I don't think it is coincidence that a lot of media guys are naming him someone to watch this year.

Moore should be starting for a team like Minnesota or Houston. I hope he gets that chance next year, he deserves it.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:46 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

DD is Dolphins Digest, and FH is Finheaven two sites I was wrongfully banned from.

I have no agenda at all, seriously, if you contact me behind the scenes we can talk and I'll explain further,

I have a lot of Dolphins memorabilia.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:58 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

swerve13 wrote:
this is some smear campaign you're running against #17. Let's sign Curtis Painter, he's way better than Tannehill.

Not at all, I want him to be great.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:59 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I always felt that Moore never got a fair shot. Maybe he gets a chance after we trade him. That has to be the reason Quinn came to town. Tannehill is our guy for now.

Where the hell is Wallace tonight?

Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:20 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
I always felt that Moore never got a fair shot. Maybe he gets a chance after we trade him. That has to be the reason Quinn came to town. Tannehill is our guy for now.

Where the hell is Wallace tonight?

Wallace dropped a big screen pass. & had another missed deep pass with Tannehill. Not sure who was to blame or if it was uncalled PI.

Maybe we can trade both him & Moore for a MLB

Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:24 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Matt Moore is great ... and Tannehill is even better. Best QB tandem in the league. And now Brady Quinn , be scared NFL .... very scared.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:04 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

dolphans1 wrote:
but if you followed my entire history of posting on the DD and FH

Why would anyone want to do that?

Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:50 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Rich wrote:
dolphans1 wrote:
but if you followed my entire history of posting on the DD and FH

Why would anyone want to do that?

:haha

C'mon. That's good humor there.

Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:51 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

FINesse wrote:
Matt Moore is great ... and Tannehill is even better. Best QB tandem in the league. And now Brady Quinn , be scared NFL .... very scared.

Well said. Miami has a pretty solid 1-2 punch at QB. RT is clearly the starter and anyone that searches my posts from back in the day know how big a Moore supporter I was. When he comes out and picks up a 2nd and forever with some pin point throws, spreads the ball to 9 guys it is his team. I guess the final bit of evidence is in how every WR now seems to look good.

Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:39 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I'm telling you. This dude is Jets fan trolling us. Are you seriously putting that fumble on only Tannehill? He had .50 seconds to throw because Thomas got blown up (again) and Tannehill was rolling away from it as fast as he could and got blindsided. Tom Brady would have fumbled too. And probably been hurt. Tannehill didn't fumble that much last year considering how many times he was sacked or had pressure in his face.

Matt Moore is a solid back up QB and PROBABLY could win 8-9 games as a game manger on a team with a decent oline and some WR's. Moore isn;'t consistent though. He'll throw more picks than Tannehill. I wouldn't say Moore is great. That's a stupid thing to say.

Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:56 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Haha wrote:
Moore isn;'t consistent though. He'll throw more picks than Tannehill. I wouldn't say Moore is great. That's a stupid thing to say.

Factually inaccurate.

In 56 appearances (only 21 starts) and 768 attempts, he has 28 interceptions. That's an interception every 2 games and once every 27.32 attempts.

Tannehills has 32 appearances (all starts) and has 30 INT's in 1072 attempts. That's an interception every 1.06 games and once every 35.73 attempts.

Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:08 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Matt moore IS inconsistent.... Maybe its not the INT part... but his completion percentage is erratic.

12/22/13 @ Buf 2/6 33%-
10/2/11 @SD 17/26 65.4& with a pick
10/17/11 @NYJ 16/34 47.1% with 2 picks
10/23/11 DEN 22/33 66.7% no picks---Tebowmania game...
10/30/11 @NYG 13/22 59.1% with a pick
11/6/11 @ KC 17/23 73.9%- ON FIRE (technically his last win)

you can look at his game log on espn.com

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_ ... matt-moore

its interesting.... hes either Hot in the 60% range or higher....or cold

funny thing is, even when he's off for the night, it doesnt prevent the win in some cases...... which basically goes to show this: Moore, is not a game changer, hes a manager.

He'll win when everything else is going good, he'll lose when everything else hits the fan. And it doesnt seem like he can take command of a win at will...... think of the Tebow comeback game..... if there wasnt a 3 and out at the end, they would have never been a way for that to go to overtime.

Tannehill has closed out a few games already, and has been pretty solid in the final 2 mins of a half.... both halftime, and end of game. I think this year we will see Tannehill be able to FINISH..... something Moore can not do on his own.

And the facts prove that

Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:07 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Is there ever any value to any of this pointless Tannehill bashing? Dude if you were actually watching these games you would see there's a ton of growth in this kid. Even as a rookie, he was far better than Moore has ever been.

Dude was picking apart a 2nd team defense and you're ready to crown him MVP. Give it up.

Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:11 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

SkyHigh314 wrote:
Matt moore IS inconsistent.... Maybe its not the INT part... but his completion percentage is erratic.

12/22/13 @ Buf 2/6 33%-
10/2/11 @SD 17/26 65.4& with a pick
10/17/11 @NYJ 16/34 47.1% with 2 picks
10/23/11 DEN 22/33 66.7% no picks---Tebowmania game...
10/30/11 @NYG 13/22 59.1% with a pick
11/6/11 @ KC 17/23 73.9%- ON FIRE (technically his last win)

you can look at his game log on espn.com

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_ ... matt-moore

I want to preface all I'm saying with the fact that Tannehill IS the starter. I'm not making a pitch for Moore.

Regardless, you're not really saying much by comparing completion %'s between these two. Moore is a career 58.9% passer and Tannehill s 59.4%.

Quote:
its interesting.... hes either Hot in the 60% range or higher....or cold

funny thing is, even when he's off for the night, it doesnt prevent the win in some cases...... which basically goes to show this: Moore, is not a game changer, hes a manager.

He'll win when everything else is going good, he'll lose when everything else hits the fan. And it doesnt seem like he can take command of a win at will...... think of the Tebow comeback game..... if there wasnt a 3 and out at the end, they would have never been a way for that to go to overtime.

Tannehill has closed out a few games already, and has been pretty solid in the final 2 mins of a half.... both halftime, and end of game. I think this year we will see Tannehill be able to FINISH..... something Moore can not do on his own.

And the facts prove that

No doubt, Moore showed that he can effectively manage games .... which is what I absolutely love when it comes to the idea of needing him if Tanny is hurt. He had some opportunities in 2011 against the Cowboys (19-20) and Patriots (24-27) where he could've answered some lingering doubts when it comes to taking the team on his shoulders, but it didn't happen. That Patriot game was a real stinger though because the team was up 17-0 at half up in Foxboro.

Those two games are distinctly why a franchise like Miami wasn't going to hand over the keys. Tannehill is still on that borderline of game manager or legit franchise QB right now, albeit he had growth wins vs. Pittbsburgh and NE in the end of the last year. It was the way he finished with the playoffs on the line vs. Buff and NYJ that caused doubts again ...... that and the stats show he's a guy throwing the ball too much, which inevitably lead to more mistakes.

This is definitely a year he has to step up.

Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:01 am
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Rock the only point i was trying to make with Moore's completion log is....

its ON/OFF with him... If you look at Moore's last 20 games.... he is erratic!! He has a few 65%+ games, and he has a bunch of 40% games... and they almost alternate week by week when he had a chance to be the starter.

Tannehill's game log from last season
Sun 9/8 @ CLE W 23-10 63.2%
Sun 9/15 @ IND W 24-20 67.6%
Sun 9/22 vs ATL W 27-23 68.6%
Mon 9/30 @ NO L 17-38 62.9%
Sun 10/6 vs BAL L 23-26 52.5%
Sun 10/20 vs BUF L 21-23 51.4%
Sun 10/27 @ NE L 17-27 52.4%
Thu 10/31 vs CIN W 22-20 (OT) 71.4%
Mon 11/11 @ TB L 19-22 64.3%
Sun 11/17 vs SD W 20-16 62.9%
Sun 11/24 vs CAR L 16-20 66.7%
Sun 12/1 @ NYJ W 23-3 65.1%
Sun 12/8 @ PIT W 34-28 60.6%
Sun 12/15 vs NE W 24-20 67.6%
Sun 12/22 @ BUF L 0-19 37.0%
Sun 12/29 vs NYJ L 7-20 50.0%
REGULAR SEASON STATS 60.4%

Games 1-4: Tannehill was + 63% or higher.... streaking!

He lulled for 2 games in the 50's....but didnt bottom out like Moore tends to

Games 7-12: Next 5 games returned to 63% +..... streaking again

Games 13 & 14.... Could probably say was streaking through these two if you factor the 60% game as a lull.... in a snowy day in the Steel City.

And then he bottomed out.

What that shows me is... Tannehill has a lil sophmore stutter week 5 & 6... following his first loss of the season.... but found his rythmn again up until Xmas... when it all bottomed out. 3/4's of the season, Tannehill completed nearly 2/3's of his passes, and was rather consistent!

Moore is up and down.... game by game. And like I said earlier... Even when he is off his game, Miami has won, and even while he's ON, Moore's teams have lost. Which goes to show how much of a game manager he actually is.

And Rock... yea. Career completion percentage's arent far off and i get that. The point was... look at the stats, and you can tell that Moore is a HOT/COLD type QB, and Tannehill is Much more consistent..... but still needs to be better

Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:32 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

SkyHigh314 wrote:
Moore is up and down.... game by game. And like I said earlier... Even when he is off his game, Miami has won, and even while he's ON, Moore's teams have lost. Which goes to show how much of a game manager he actually is.

And Rock... yea. Career completion percentage's arent far off and i get that. The point was... look at the stats, and you can tell that Moore is a HOT/COLD type QB, and Tannehill is Much more consistent..... but still needs to be better

Moore makes up for his inconsistent completion percentage with one crucial element you fail to account for: The big play. His deep ball is why the team still manages to stay afloat even when he's completing the ball at a mid-50% clip.

Regardless, you're kind've splitting hairs. Your argument establishes that Tannehill is just more consistently near his 59.8% completion average and doesn't deviate too far above or below.

All things considered, if Tanny wants to take things to a new level and be a Top 10 QB we have got to see that completion percentage up there at a minimum of 64%.

Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:51 am
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

There we go. I think we are speaking the same language now.

Never once said Tannehill didnt need to improve. I think we all know that this season, Philbin's career, our playoff hopes, and the next 5 years of Dolphins Football rides on the right arm of Tannehill.

Quote:
Your argument establishes that Tannehill is just more consistently near his 59.8% completion average and doesn't deviate too far above or below.

And there is the point I was trying to make... If that percentage can grow... which it did from year one to year 2.. Tannehill is the player to build around. Moore is not, but there is the exact reason why.

Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:04 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

SkyHigh314 wrote:
There we go. I think we are speaking the same language now.

Never once said Tannehill didnt need to improve. I think we all know that this season, Philbin's career, our playoff hopes, and the next 5 years of Dolphins Football rides on the right arm of Tannehill.

And there is the point I was trying to make... If that percentage can grow... which it did from year one to year 2.. Tannehill is the player to build around. Moore is not, but there is the exact reason why.

Well if we're going to use two years as the jumpoff for extrapolating Tanny's improvement, he completed 58.26% of his passes in 2012. Then 60.37% in 2013 ..... so 2%. If you want to take that number at face value that puts him around 62% which is still middle of the road for today's group of QB's.

When Moore left Carolina, his 2010 completion percentage was 55.2%. In 2011 as our starter it was 60.5%. So using your logic for improvement we're essentially saying he'd be up at 65% had he started for us in 2013. He averaged 57.86% his entire time at Carolina ..... so if we want to predict future performance using that, it would put Moore at 63% in 2013 had he started.

But that's oversimplified math when it comes to both guys.

Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:16 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

2007 - 56%
2008 - n/a
2009- 61.6%
2010- 55.2%
2011- 60.5%

Rock you want to pull his Carolina time into it... There you go..... Smells more like up 5%, down 5%, up 5%, down 5% to me
Shows me that his next season should be a 55% type season... not what you mention.

I see the complete opposite..... and again. Proving my point of consistent growth, not HOT/COLD

I think i would prefer 62% in year 3 from Tannehill, and 64% in his contract year.... as an established franchise guy.....

Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:22 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

SkyHigh314 wrote:
2007 - 56%
2008 - n/a
2009- 61.6%
2010- 55.2%
2011- 60.5%

Rock you want to pull his Carolina time into it... There you go..... Smells more like up 5%, down 5%, up 5%, down 5% to me
Shows me that his next season should be a 55% type season... not what you mention.

I see the complete opposite..... and again. Proving my point of consistent growth, not HOT/COLD

I think i would prefer 62% in year 3 from Tannehill, and 64% in his contract year.... as an established franchise guy.....

You really want to compare Moore's time in Carolina vs. Tanny's in Miami?

In 2007: 9 games, 3 games started
In 2008: 7 games, 5 starts
In 2009: 6 games, 5 starts (hurt)

Comparing that sample size to Tanny's (who has has started two full seasons) is ludicrous and dishonest. He's had the opportunity to consistently work with his starting unit for 32 games now.

This is a pointless conversation, so let's please end it. It's all centering around over-simplified math. It's not going to change the fact that while Tanny improved in small steps from year 1 to year 2 from a completion percentage, he's still got quite the jump to make if he wants to be considered the legitimate franchise guy.

Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:46 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays

Moore did clearly outplay the other QBs in this game, our offense took a quick jump when he was in there, he made some great passes and led 2 TD drives.

Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:18 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

HENNE!

Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:00 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Kev1321 wrote:
HENNE!

God I miss him! Image

Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:11 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Henne was broken by this team.

He actually looked good in the preseason. Still runs like he has a turd in his pants though.

Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:22 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Henne is a robot. Always will be.

Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:14 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

:)

Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:45 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Finally got to see the game. Moore looked good. 3 scoring drives and the only starting caliber receiver out there was Matthews. Some very nice throws, including a perfect TD toss at the end of the first half. Tannehill was victimized by some drops, but how he saw that McCoy sack coming....got to hold on to the ball. Tannehill looked sharp though, with no running game at all and McCoy living in the backfield.

Our running game is non-existent. If this holds, it will be a long season. I would say 6-10.

The defensive line is very good. The secondary still has some issues. Linebackers were invisible. Landry looked good as a receiver and a return man.....decisive, tough and elusive.

Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:09 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

A thread of "Matt Moore is great". Nice......

Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:31 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Finhead34 wrote:
A thread of "Matt Moore is great". Nice......

:haha
Kirk Cousins is Great too!

Frosted Flakes.... They're GRREEAATTTTTT!!!!!

Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:35 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Liked this tweet from Omar:

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 2h
Just last week Ryan Tannehill admitted to me he could learn a lot of thing from Matt Moore, and he does. Moore goes for the jugular OFTEN.

Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:00 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Haha wrote:
I'm telling you. This dude is Jets fan trolling us. Are you seriously putting that fumble on only Tannehill? He had .50 seconds to throw because Thomas got blown up (again) and Tannehill was rolling away from it as fast as he could and got blindsided. Tom Brady would have fumbled too. And probably been hurt. Tannehill didn't fumble that much last year considering how many times he was sacked or had pressure in his face.

Matt Moore is a solid back up QB and PROBABLY could win 8-9 games as a game manger on a team with a decent oline and some WR's. Moore isn;'t consistent though. He'll throw more picks than Tannehill. I wouldn't say Moore is great. That's a stupid thing to say.

I praise one of our players (Matt Moore), and you allege me to be a Jets fan....?

Come-on, I really have better things to do.

I want Tannehill to be a good fit for us, and be great, but, he wasn't a great QB in College.

I am confident Tannehill will be a sub-par NFL QB, but I hope I am wrong.

d-1

Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:41 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

dolphans1 wrote:
I praise one of our players (Matt Moore), and you allege me to be a Jets fan....?

Come-on, I really have better things to do.

Every single one of your posts are suspect...you bring accusations like that to yourself.

Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]