View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 CBS Camp Report 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Post CBS Camp Report
Dolphins training camp: Deep-threat Wallace ready to prove worth

DAVIE, Fla. -- Mike Wallace's jersey was soaked, sweat rolled off his forehead like a small waterfall, and the thick, cut-it-with-a-knife humidity hung in the air, even though we were under the cover of shade from the hot, afternoon Florida sun.

"You mind if I kneel down?" Wallace asked as we readied to chat.

Wallace, the Miami Dolphins' speedy receiver, looked beat. He had just spent the afternoon running deep routes, crossing routes, slants and many other routes, working hard to overcome that dreaded label he has been given:

Waste of money.

When Wallace signed a five-year, $60-million deal with the Dolphins in the spring of 2013 as free agent, he was expected to become a star receiver, a Pro Bowl player, maybe even a potential All-Pro.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pet ... rove-worth

Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:21 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: CBS Camp Report
Has anyone seen anything about how much practicing they have been doing outside the bubble?

Our dominating early season home field advantage seemed to go away around the same time the bubble started getting used.

Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:10 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Kind of a crappy article for Dolphins' fans. Bunch of stuff that has already been said multiple times by multiple reporters.

Why was Mike Wallace the focus? Why not Lazor and all of the changes to the offense with a little description of how each piece is doing? Seemed like a lazy attempt.

Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:24 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Dolphin related camp News

Quote:
Sam Bradford | STL
(August 24, 2014 3:41 PM EDT)
Sam Bradford is done for the season after re-tearing his left ACL in Saturday night's preseason game against the Browns.

Is Moore an option here?....... Oh, and up yours Jeff Fisher :haha

Quote:
Starting Jets CB Dimitri Patterson 'AWOL'
Dimitri Patterson | NYJ
(August 24, 2014 3:27 PM EDT)
Starting Jets CB Dimitri Patterson has gone "AWOL," and did not show up for Friday's preseason game against the Giants.
The team has "no idea" why Patterson didn't show up against the Giants. He's reportedly fine physically. According to reporter Rich Cimini, Patterson's agent is "also in the dark." With fellow starter Dee Milliner dealing with a high-ankle sprain, the Jets are shockingly thin at cornerback. If Patterson is gone for good, the Jets will be looking at a crisis situation for Week 1. Reserves Kyle Wilson and Darrin Walls are not starting-quality corners.

And thank god this isn't a Dolphin headline because now it is just :haha

:jests:

Rotowoldhttp://m.nbcsports.com/rotoworl ... rld-hl-nfl

Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:24 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Kev1321 wrote:
Dolphin related camp News

Quote:
Sam Bradford | STL
(August 24, 2014 3:41 PM EDT)
Sam Bradford is done for the season after re-tearing his left ACL in Saturday night's preseason game against the Browns.

This sounds f'ed up, but I laughed out loud when I read that...for real...this dude has TERRIBLE luck, I feel bad for him in a sense...man he can't catch a break. I guess all that draft day robbery the Rams pulled has karma coming back and kicking their butt for it.

Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:39 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays

I guess I can drop Cook from my bench...

:haha

Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:37 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Kev1321 wrote:

I am curious what would be the reasoning for getting rid of Moore? If, God forbid, Tannehill was injured who do the Phins have that would be able to come in and give them a good shot of winning games at that position?

Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:33 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

AQNOR wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:

I am curious what would be the reasoning for getting rid of Moore? If, God forbid, Tannehill was injured who do the Phins have that would be able to come in and give them a good shot of winning games at that position?

A draft pick..5 million off the cap....Thats a pretty good reason for someone who may not see a snap..And if he does, is it really gonna matter

Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:20 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I thought the Rams were stupid for not taking Bortles #2 overall. What has Bradford ever done in his 4 years in St. Louis? That team seems to be a good QB away from the playoffs and Bortles looks legit.

Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:23 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Kev1321 wrote:
A draft pick..5 million off the cap....Thats a pretty good reason for someone who may not see a snap..And if he does, is it really gonna matter

That $5million is coming off the cap at the end of the season, so it's moot.

Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:27 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Kev1321 wrote:

I have seen Lobato and Quinn play and I have seen Moore play. I think Moore is significantly better than them and would give the Phins a legitimate chance to win games. Given your response is it safe to think that you disagree?

Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:57 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

AQNOR wrote:
I have seen Lobato and Quinn play and I have seen Moore play. I think Moore is significantly better than them and would give the Phins a legitimate chance to win games. Given your response is it safe to think that you disagree?

Moore cost Miami a shot at Luck. They won 6 meaningless games with him at Qb. So the question would be. Which option do you choose? Luck or those 6 wins & Tanny?

If Tanny goes down, then its highly unlikely Miami is going anywhere. So play out the yr get a high pick & hope some team is willing to pay for that pick.

Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:26 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

imo I think the Phins should try to win every game that they can. The players should give their best effort and the coaches, the GM etc. They should all do their jobs to try and win football games.

I don't agree that it is highly unlikely if Tannehill goes down that the Phins will fail to go anywhere.

Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]