View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Game thread 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Game thread
Quote:
James Walker ✔ @JamesWalkerNFL

#Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill called his third-quarter INT vs. Dallas "stupid." He misread the Cover 2 and threw into double coverage.

https://twitter.com/JamesWalkerNFL

Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:38 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

We'll agree to disagree. That linebacker had no play on the ball.

And Tannehill was late on the throw, probably because he was reading both routes and saw the linebacker peel off but still went with his original read.

Make football easy, make the easy throw and get the first down.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:39 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
One more thing, the safe throw would have been to hit the slot guy in the middle of the field and let him pick up the first down. So while Tannehill's read wasn't terrible, he did have a safer option and that's one thing he needs to continue to work on... take the safe play.

He had three guys in front of him to the middle and right. All were single covered with cushion.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:39 pm

Rock Sexton wrote:
Rich wrote:
One more thing, the safe throw would have been to hit the slot guy in the middle of the field and let him pick up the first down. So while Tannehill's read wasn't terrible, he did have a safer option and that's one thing he needs to continue to work on... take the safe play.

He had three guys in front of him to the middle and right. All were single covered with cushion.

The middle guy was not covered. The linebacker peeled off to play the sideline and left him by himself with room to run.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:40 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
The middle guy was not covered. The linebacker peeled off to play the sideline and left him by himself with room to run.

Go back and look at the second snapshot of the play. Tanny is staring left, which the LB picks up on. This created space over the middle from where his assigned receiver/rb was. Had Tanny looked him off he would've had 3 open options.

Tanny has the mustard to drill somebody in the middle if he could start looking people off more.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:42 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rock Sexton wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
I'll trust his opinion of our quarterback over yours. Sorry.
Not like he played any worse than Romo who is a seasoned vet.

You will trust Clayton's opinion whenever it's convenient to your argument.

Not really, I trust people who get paid to evaluate and interview others in the know...like coaches.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:44 pm

Rock Sexton wrote:
Rich wrote:

Go back and look at the second snapshot of the play. Tanny is staring left, which the LB picks up on. This created space over the middle from where his assigned receiver/rb was. Had Tanny looked him off he would've had 3 open options.

Tanny has the mustard to drill somebody in the middle if he could start looking people off more.

The slot guy is wide open because the linebacker peeled off, but the next guy has a safety right behind him. If Tannehill releases that ball its a pick six. The guy in the right looks open, but it is a cover 2 shell, which means there is someone playing the flat off the screen. Again, if Tannehill makes that throw its a dangerous pass. The best place to attack a cover 2 is the middle of the field, the deep middle and the intermediate sidelines.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:45 pm

Or if the slot guy runs an out route, the linebacker plays the flat and Hartline truly has one on one coverage with over the top help.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:47 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

swerve13 wrote:
Not really, I trust people who get paid to evaluate and interview others in the know...like coaches.

So then you won't be giving any personal opinions for the rest of the year. That's essentially what you're saying. You're just going to be parroting whomever works in the NFL or is close to it whenever it fits the framework of your belief.

If John Clayton came out tomorrow and bagged on Tanny's performance, you would scatter from his defense quicker than roaches when the lights turn on.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:51 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rock Sexton wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

So then you won't be giving any personal opinions for the rest of the year. That's essentially what you're saying. You're just going to be parroting whomever works in the NFL or is close to it whenever it fits the framework of your belief.

If John Clayton came out tomorrow and bagged on Tanny's performance, you would scatter from his defense quicker than roaches when the lights turn on.

Why would my opinion be better than an NFL analyst? Who am I? Exactly how much access do I have to coaches and players?

Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:59 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

swerve13 wrote:
Why would my opinion be better than an NFL analyst? Who am I? Exactly how much access do I have to coaches and players?

Then why do we have a message board then if everything they say should always be taken as the gospel? I like Clayton, but he ever play a down of professional football? What is his track record with QB's?

This conversation is literally intellectually dishonest.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:01 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I didnt see the game but fans are always the hardest critiques...tannehill is smart and will learn from it it was a preseason game no big. Even dan marino and peyton manning have made stupid throws

Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:36 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

True.....Manning threw a bad pick tonight, but he followed that up with a 63 yard TD and another TD on the drive after that.

Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:15 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

the INT was a boneheaded play

That is all we are discussing, no one is loving Moore and hating RT.

Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:32 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

He wasn't double covered either

#Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill called his third-quarter INT vs. Dallas "stupid." He misread the Cover 2 and threw into double coverage

RT admitted he was double covered and he also admitted that it was his bad on the Wallace play. Just to clarify with some of you, no one wants Moore to start. We want RT to develop into a franchise QB but he keeps making the same mistakes over and over. I get that QBs are going to throw picks, but they need to throw TDs as well in this league. A missed play here, a pick there, these are differences between winning and losing.

Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:40 am

Makchell wrote:
He wasn't double covered either

#Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill called his third-quarter INT vs. Dallas "stupid." He misread the Cover 2 and threw into double coverage

RT admitted he was double covered and he also admitted that it was his bad on the Wallace play.

First of all, you said he was triple covered.

Second of all, Tannehill never said he was double covered, that was James Walker adding his two cents to the tweet. Tannehill said he expected the corner to fall off, which is typical in cover 2, but he didn't. Go look at the stills I posted, the 'double coverage' comes late from a linebacker peeling off the slot, but when the throw is made, Hartline is single covered.

And of course he took blame for the Wallace play. That's called leadership. But Wallace was clearly not running full speed. Philbin said Wallace lost the ball in the lights.

Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:13 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

First of all, you said he was triple covered.

Second of all, Tannehill never said he was double covered, that was James Walker adding his two cents to the tweet. Tannehill said he expected the corner to fall off, which is typical in cover 2, but he didn't. Go look at the stills I posted, the 'double coverage' comes late from a linebacker peeling off the slot, but when the throw is made, Hartline is single covered.

And of course he took blame for the Wallace play. That's called leadership. But Wallace was clearly not running full speed. Philbin said Wallace lost the ball in the lights.

I saw the post regarding double coverage and the stills, you were right about that. I figured RT was taking the blame for Wallace, but hey, he said it not me. I hear you though.

Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:29 am

I don't understand why Tannehill expected that corner to fall off since there was no receiver in the flats....

Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:34 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Tannehill's int was a bad play period, however it was his FIRST one this preseaon, not bad if you ask me.
Moore always looks good vs 2's on down, and that deep ball was not a thing of beauty it was under-thrown and the Williams made a beautiful catch.
What are we going to do with the Williams twins (I know they are not) and that other RB with a strange name (Darkwa)?
I was pleasantly surprized by our team except the special teams (they sucked).

Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:42 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Sailor wrote:
Moore always looks good vs 2's on down, and that deep ball was not a thing of beauty it was under-thrown and the Williams made a beautiful catch.

Yeah .... uhhh no. Go watch it again.

Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:03 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:

Huh??? What?

Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:12 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays

The reason people are talking about Moore, is because Tanne isn't a franchise QB.

There iis a reason that it is considered to be wise to draft 4 year QBs out of college, it's because you get to see thier flaws, and to see if they make progress with those flaws.

Tanne has some flaws that may never work themselves out, he doesn't read players open, he stares down recievers, he has bad footwork that leads to inaaccuracy, the propensity to throw INTs and doesn't have good perrepherial vision.

It's the same for any QB in history, if your not a franchise QB then the fans always think there's someone else better, and the only option is the back ups, so thats what happens when your not a franchise QB.

Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:23 am

When he had 75% completion and was looking like a different player, it was just preseason. He throws a pick in preseason and now it matters?

How about some consistency from the peanut gallery?

Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:55 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
True.....Manning threw a bad pick tonight, but he followed that up with a 63 yard TD and another TD on the drive after that.

well if you guys are expecting Ryan to become Peyton Manning then you will never like him.

Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:18 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rich wrote:
When he had 75% completion and was looking like a different player, it was just preseason. He throws a pick in preseason and now it matters?

this place is comprised of the reasonable versus the unreasonable.
Andrew Luck also tossed up a garbage interception last night, but everyone here thinks he's great. Why? Because the Colts finished 1st in the worst division in football.

Last edited by swerve13 on Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:23 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

swerve13 wrote:
the place is comprised of the reasonable versus the unreasonable.

I'm sure we all have our things we are unreasonable about.

swerve13 wrote:
Andrew Luck also tossed up a garbage interception last night, but everyone here thinks he's great. Why? Because the Colts finished 1st in the worst division in football.

They think he is great, because they do not watch every single play of the Colts. Where they get to also see the bad plays. I've watched great Qb throw horrible Int.

Last edited by Dphins4me on Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:24 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

swerve13 wrote:

There's that marginalization again. Can't just give guys credit where its due in order to prop up your own guy.

Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:31 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

lol If you don't agree with me you are unreasonable. If you agree with me you are reasonable.

Just so we are all clear on this. : )

Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:03 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rich wrote:

:haha

Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:51 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

swerve13 wrote:
Rich wrote:

T-hill is 2-0 vs. who?

Ive been pretty critical of him in the past...But i also understand he is a very smart guy with alot of upside....Just give him time..

PS he holds the ball too long. His biggest issue

Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:53 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Kev1321 wrote:
T-hill is 2-0 vs. who?

This isn't tennis.

Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:42 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

AQNOR wrote:
lol If you don't agree with me you are unreasonable. If you agree with me you are reasonable.

Just so we are all clear on this. : )

:haha

Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:42 pm

The biggest concern for the team is that are they losing faith in Tanne, to be clear, I'm not saying they are, but are they entering into the category where the WRs, among other players, aren't thinking that they would be better off with Moore starting?

Wallace has got to be questioning it, he's watched Moore throw strikes down the field in back to back games, while Tanne continues to miss him in the same situations, in back to back games...

Then there's the "ugly pick" again from Tanne, we've seen it too many times, the Moore pick was a GREAT play by the defender, and is one of the detractors to throwing those types of screens, if it doesn't work it could be disaster, because any time a defender jumps a screen it goes for a TD.

This is exactly the type of situation where teams start to lose faith in the starter, when the back up CLEARLY out shines him.

Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:56 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Okay, watched game again and yes that pass was a thing of beauty. i stand corrected.....

Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:58 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Finster wrote:
The biggest concern for the team is that are they losing faith in Tanne, to be clear, I'm not saying they are, but are they entering into the category where the WRs, among other players, aren't thinking that they would be better off with Moore starting?

Wallace has got to be questioning it, he's watched Moore throw strikes down the field in back to back games, while Tanne continues to miss him in the same situations, in back to back games...

Then there's the "ugly pick" again from Tanne, we've seen it too many times, the Moore pick was a GREAT play by the defender, and is one of the detractors to throwing those types of screens, if it doesn't work it could be disaster, because any time a defender jumps a screen it goes for a TD.

This is exactly the type of situation where teams start to lose faith in the starter, when the back up CLEARLY out shines him.

Moore pulled a bonehead move trying to throw that ball. He didn't have full grip and should've eaten it. As for the playcall, I hope to God I never see them call a bubble screen in the regular season when they're backed up near their own endzone. It was mindless.

Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4