View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Charles Clay over/under 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Post Charles Clay over/under
First, I thought this was a good article to give you an idea of his value on this team
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2139089-charles-clay-enters-2014-nfl-season-as-leagues-best-secret-weapon

Last year Clay caught 69 passes for 759 yards & 6 TD's. He also rushed 15 yards & a TD.

It came out of nowhere after the last few years fans were wondering if he was going to make the team. & it came with a 2nd year QB (4 total) & an offense that lacked creativity, to say the least. Most see last year as an anomaly for those reasons & some think he's a unicorn.

After looking at CBS, ESPN, FFToday, & Yahoo the average projection is about 56 receptions 650 total yards & 5 TDs.

So based on changes made in the offense this year, & this being Clay's last year on his rookie contract, does he have the opportunity & ability to surpass that stat line? Or will he return to mediocrity in a run based offense with a lot of receivers to share catches?

Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:04 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays

Post Re: Charles Clay over/under
I thought it was going to be 6'... lol

I think he can surpass that, he's a sneaky player.

Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:06 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I would think catch totals and yardage down, TDs maybe up.

I can see a lot of opportunities for short TD catches for him. Miami's offense seems to be moving the ball well up and down the field.

Not sure anyone has great catch totals. Wallace, Hartline, Gibson, Landry, Matthews, Clay, Miller and Moreno...that is a lot of passes to spread around.

Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:32 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Ill take over. 70 catches, 800 yards, 10tds

Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:05 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Manhattan wrote:
Ill take over. 70 catches, 800 yards, 10tds

I like it!

I think Jammer is right about having so many people to spread the ball around because I would include Sims as the redzone/jump ball target this year as well.

But I think 800 & 10 all purpose is definitely possible.

Just look at that first catch from Saturday. Hes clearly not 100% yet & what was that, a drag route? He is a match up nightmare because he out muscles DBs & out runs LBs. He caught that coming across & turned up for 18 so easily

Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:14 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

All I know is I could use 700+ yards and about 8-9 TD's this year for my fantasy team. Unless I get something out of my super-sleeper Ladarious Green.

Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:24 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Im actually thinking....

Some where in the neighborhood of 4 TDs.... but about 65 receptions at 800 yards.

I dont see him having a TD crazy season unless they are longer TDs.

I have not seen a redzone attack for its traditional self. I mean like an "& goal" situation.... and seeing that we have ZERO in-line blockers... I got a feeling that Clay is not going to have many great opportunities.

Although, I think he's gonna have a great year for chunk yardage between the 20s

Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:26 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Wow, what a difference a year makes..

Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:19 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

He should be heavily involved in this offensive system. 60 to 70 catches and some gadget plays to surprise defenses.

Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:12 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Rock Sexton wrote:
All I know is I could use 700+ yards and about 8-9 TD's this year for my fantasy team. Unless I get something out of my super-sleeper Ladarious Green.

lol I hear that! I'm thinking Richard Rodgers for GB & Kelce for KC are better super-sleepers than Green

I read on fftoolbox that Dolphins want to use Clay as their goal line back. Did anyone else hear that from somewhere? Cause that could be amazing for both real games & fantasy

Quote:
THE UPSIDE IS REAL: The emergence of Charles Clay came out of nowhere. He had a very good 2013 season, catching 69 passes for 759 yards and six touchdowns; also adding a rushing touchdown. Clay was voted by the players No. 89 on the NFL's Top 100 Players list. He does everything well, and the Dolphins plan on involving him in the offense even more. The Dolphins reportedly want to use Clay out of the backfield more often, and make him their goal-line runner. Rushing touchdowns would be icing on the cake for Clay. He should have a very strong season, and should be drafted in all leagues. Don't be surprised if he finishes the season as a Top 5 tight end.

Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:32 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Steve Zissou wrote:
lol I hear that! I'm thinking Richard Rodgers for GB & Kelce for KC are better super-sleepers than Green

I dunno man, Green is a physical freak of nature. 6'6 240lbs and can split the seem, not to mention is a capable blocker (not that it has anything to do with FF scoring LOL). Last year Whisenhunt barely made use of him and supposedly this year Frank Reich loves the guy.

Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:52 pm

Franck Reich, lol, that always kills me, I wonder if his parents know that they named him France in German.

Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:29 am
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Rock Sexton wrote:
Steve Zissou wrote:

I dunno man, Green is a physical freak of nature. 6'6 240lbs and can split the seem, not to mention is a capable blocker (not that it has anything to do with FF scoring LOL). Last year Whisenhunt barely made use of him and supposedly this year Frank Reich loves the guy.

You're right. They should be using him constantly but I don't know much about the coach's history behind TE's. & Green is still behind Gates, Woodhead is the outlet guy, & Rivers favorite target is Allen. But it could play out as the season goes on just as well as the other two i mentioned

Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]