Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:09 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Quote:

Ryan Tannehill doesn't want anyone making excuses for him anymore.

"I think that I am at the point in my career now where progression has to be made fast and you have to be consistent and there are no more rookie mistakes or second-year mistakes," Tannehill said Wednesday.

"We are at the point where, you have got to make the plays when it comes down to it in the fourth quarter on third down. You have to be able to make a play, find a way and that’s football. You are going to have those tough situations where someone is going to have to step up and make a play. I want that to be me. I want that to be the guys with me on offense and if we do that we will win a lot of games."

So no excuses, right Ryan?

"Yeah, that is the quarterback position," he responded. "You can’t play quarterback and have excuses. It’s your fault a lot of times, whether it looks like it is or whether it actually is, that is part of playing the position. You take on the responsibility and take ownership for the mistakes that the offense makes."

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins ... rylink=cpy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:39 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

We are at the point where, you have got to make the plays when it comes down to it in the fourth quarter on third down. You have to be able to make a play, find a way and that’s football

We agree 100%.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:19 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

It is put up or shut up year for Tanne, hopefully the line plays well enough for him to be comfortable.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:19 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Nice to see maturity like that in such a young player. I like routing for kids like this.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:29 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Nice to see maturity like that in such a young player. I like routing for kids like this

I hope he is the guy. It starts less than 72hrs....

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:20 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

swerve13 wrote:
Nice to see maturity like that in such a young player. I like routing for kids like this.

Yep , he is the real deal. Everyone talks about Wilson & maturity ... our guy is tons better.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:51 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

FINesse wrote:
Yep , he is the real deal. Everyone talks about Wilson & maturity ... our guy is tons better.

So Wilson throws a pick that his TE bats away and then gets a read option pass opportunity to his WR where the safety blows the tackle which turns into a TD. The stats will make him look like the next Montana when the eye test shows he just lucked out.

Sorry, just bitter because I haven't seen a Miami QB get those breaks in forever. Hell, Marino wasn't even that lucky.

Oh, and can Miami borrow Marshawn Lynch for a few weeks? Man that guy is a beast.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:30 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

jammer wrote:
Oh, and can Miami borrow Marshawn Lynch for a few weeks? Man that guy is a beast.

Daniel Thomas: 6' 1", 235
Marshawn Lynch: 5' 11" 215

Yet Lynch plays ANGRY, and looks like he's 30 pounds bigger when you watch them.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:00 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Who is this Daniel Thomas you speak of?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:27 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

k-dash wrote:
jammer wrote:

Yet Lynch plays ANGRY, and looks like he's 30 pounds bigger when you watch them.

My ideal running back would be about 5'10, 215 lbs... not over 6 feet.

It's not about size, its about pad level.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:39 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Rich wrote:
It's not about size.

My wife hasn't been buying that one for years :cry:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:41 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

So Wilson throws a pick that his TE bats away and then gets a read option pass opportunity to his WR where the safety blows the tackle which turns into a TD. The stats will make him look like the next Montana when the eye test shows he just lucked out.

Right? How about Wilson's rainbow to a wide open WR that hung up there and the DB almost made a play but the WR yanked him down. Crazy. Lynch and the D make that team. Wilson does make plays when he has too. His mistakes are covered when you have a defense like that and a RB like that. We have to play a flawless game to win.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:52 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:

Right? How about Wilson's rainbow to a wide open WR that hung up there and the DB almost made a play but the WR yanked him down. Crazy. Lynch and the D make that team. Wilson does make plays when he has too. His mistakes are covered when you have a defense like that and a RB like that. We have to play a flawless game to win.

It's true, his deficiencies as a QB are covered by his team, but no QB is flawless, he doesn't make a lot of stupid mistakes, so they aren't constantly having to cover his mistakes.

He is a game manager that can pull some plays out of his butt, but how he is viewed by the general public would be different if he was not on such a good team.

It's only week one, but they look prime and ready to make another run at the Lombardi trophy.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:55 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Makchell wrote:

Right. See Joe Flacco after Baltimore lost his supporting cast.

I like Wilson, think he carries himself well and limits his mistakes. But when has the team leaned on him? Put him behind a suspect o-line or without a good defense and I think he falls to that Andy Dalton category of QBs.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:05 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
k-dash wrote:
jammer wrote:

My ideal running back would be about 5'10, 215 lbs... not over 6 feet.

It's not about size, its about pad level.

I totally agree Rich, also, i'd bet a barrel of gold doubloons against a bucket of pig :crap that Lynch is around 230 lbs at this point, 215 is his rookie weight, no one but Dion Jordan actually changes the listing of their weight .

Pad level is also Dion Jordan's bug a boo, thats why he can't get leverage, he plays too tall.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:22 am 

Finster wrote:
Pad level is also Dion Jordan's bug a boo, thats why he can't get leverage, he plays too tall.

He looked pretty good against the run in the preseason, albeit against back ups.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:28 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
Finster wrote:

He looked pretty good against the run in the preseason, albeit against back ups.

We have to disagree on that, imo he was bad against the run, TEs winning against him at the point of attack is bad.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:30 am 

Finster wrote:
Rich wrote:
Finster wrote:

We have to disagree on that, imo he was bad against the run, TEs winning against him at the point of attack is bad.

I specifically paid attention to Jordan in the preseason because of your comments regarding how he gets pushed around at the point of attack.

More often than not, that wasn't the case. Did he lost some battles? Sure. Everyone does. But he won more than his fair share and I had him grading out well against the run for the most part.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:48 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
More often than not, that wasn't the case. Did he lost some battles? Sure. Everyone does. But he won more than his fair share and I had him grading out well against the run for the most part.

I'd still have to disagree, I also watched every play he was in on at least once, most more than once, and he got no push in the run game, he was always on our side of the line of scrimmage, and often up against TEs, that in and of itself tells you how little the opposing teams respected his run defense. Against TEs he should be winning big, he doesn't, against back ups he should win big, he doesn't, there is some improvement over last year where he was atrocious, but he still was bad imo.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:56 am 

Finster wrote:
Rich wrote:

I'd still have to disagree, I also watched every play he was in on at least once, most more than once, and he got no push in the run game, he was always on our side of the line of scrimmage, and often up against TEs, that in and of itself tells you how little the opposing teams respected his run defense. Against TEs he should be winning big, he doesn't, against back ups he should win big, he doesn't, there is some improvement over last year where he was atrocious, but he still was bad imo.

Against Dallas, they double teamed him with a tackle and tight end more than a few times. He played very well against the run in that Dallas game.

I suggest you go back and watch the coach's film on NFL.com.

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]