Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:09 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Quote:
He was angry. So blessed angry. This was six games into the 2005 season and Heath Evans was just informed by phone the Dolphins cut him. But even as his blood cooked the phone rang again. New England wanted to see him.

"A hurricane was coming that day, it was a 45-minute drive down to Dolphins camp and I wasn't going down there just to turn in my playbook,'' Evans, now a NFL Network analyst, said. "I was too angry to do that."

The next day he entered the Patriots coach's office and slid the Dolphins playbook across the desk."

"Here, have this,'' he told Belichick. "I don't know if you're going to sign me or not. But this is yours."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... ?track=rss

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:39 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Always a d-bag

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:44 am 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

What a cry baby, and an absolutely terrible analyst.

I love NFL Network - but every time this dumbass or that Warren Sapp dumbass come on the screen I want to puke.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:38 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

IamPZ wrote:
What a cry baby, and an absolutely terrible analyst.

I love NFL Network - but every time this dumbass or that Warren Sapp dumbass come on the screen I want to puke.

Sounds like a grown @%% man throwing a tantrum. What a loser.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:09 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Quote:
He was angry. So blessed angry. This was six games into the 2005 season and Heath Evans was just informed by phone the Dolphins cut him. But even as his blood cooked the phone rang again. New England wanted to see him.

"A hurricane was coming that day, it was a 45-minute drive down to Dolphins camp and I wasn't going down there just to turn in my playbook,'' Evans, now a NFL Network analyst, said. "I was too angry to do that."

The next day he entered the Patriots coach's office and slid the Dolphins playbook across the desk."

"Here, have this,'' he told Belichick. "I don't know if you're going to sign me or not. But this is yours."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... ?track=rss

You must be a Sun-Sentinel subscriber..........when I click the link I get forwarded to the front page.

Anyway back to the topic, not to get overly technical, but a team's playbook is that Team's/Business's intellectual property. It's really not any different than an engineer for Apple providing Samsung the design specs for the new iPhone. If Apple caught Samsung stealing they go after Samsung and that former employee with everything they had. In fact, both of these Companies continually sue each other over matters that are much less obvious.

The last thing Goodell wants is to re-hash how bad the Patriots cheated and the in-validness of those championships. Further, Goodell doesn't want to answer anymore questions as to why he destroyed evidence (Patriots' spy tapes). Since Evans works for the NFL, I wouldn't be suprised if he gets fired.

In the words of Joey Porter............

"Why, if you have nothing to hide, would you destroy [the evidence]? That's how I've looked at it from the beginning. Why destroy something that doesn't have to be destroyed? Let everyone know what was on the tapes. Why would you destroy them so fast?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:58 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I'm sure Belichick pushed it back and said, "No, Heath. That would not be honorable."

:haha

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:17 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Wasn't Saban the head coach in 2005?

Bellicheck would do that to his own friend... wow.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:47 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Not exactly Shulaesque. For those of you who do not know the story. A Dolphins Player found the Raiders playbook and turned it over to Shula. Shula promptly gave it back to the Raiders. I believe that was mentioned in "A Football Life, Don Shula" by NFL Films.

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ]