All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:39 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Looking at the game as a whole, now it is easy to see, how what looked like various miscues were really just an overall great strategy.

The day is a hot and humid one in Miami and by keeping the patsies O on the field for a large part of the 1st half played right into the Phins hands as they showed how tired they were in the 2nd half.

Meanwhile the Phins O not being on the field much in the 1st half were well rested and fresh as a daisy for the dominant 2nd half performance.

Nice game plan.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:53 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Hats off to Philbin, he did a very nice job today. Lazor dialed some great plays and would have been even better if Tannehill executed better in the 1st half. Coyle had his guys cranking on all cylinders.

Keep this up!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:55 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I'll eat crow, nice adjustments. I didn't see it coming, but I'm glad I was blind. 10 year opening day win streak comes to an end. Eff the Pats.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:22 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

It is a win. My brother asked me before the game like most games did I think the Phins could win. The best I could come up with was no, but I think it might be close. Of course I always pull for a win and just wished I could have shared the excitement of this game with some Phin Phans.

I kept on expecting the Phins to pull close and then for the patsies to pull away for the win. The Phins D just would not let up.

I thought the O-line would not hold up and that the LB's were weak at the position and really no back ups. I was wrong.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:39 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Makchell wrote:
I'll eat crow, nice adjustments. I didn't see it coming, but I'm glad I was blind. 10 year opening day win streak comes to an end. Eff the Pats.

Awesome. Good man. +1 Eff the Pats

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:52 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

It's amazing what one offseason can do. Completely different line and run game. So happy I coulda cried. LOL

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ]