All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:09 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rough week for the NFL. Crazy stuff going on.

Now Adrian Peterson was indicted for child abuse and will not play Sunday against the Patriots.

Figures the Pats get lucky not to face one of the NFL's best running backs....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... njury-case

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:19 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Also, Ray McDonald and Greg Hardy also facing Domestic Violence cases against them.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:22 pm 
Admin | Forum Design
Admin | Forum Design

He is in this much trouble over, from what I understand, whipping his kid with a switch? I'll eat crow if that's not the case and it turns out he whipped him with a 2x4.

I'm sorry but our society is done. And by done I mean, past the point of no return for emotional reaction, scratch that, emotional OVER reaction to stuff that shouldn't even concern us.

Besides that, I got my tale tore up repeatedly as a kid... I'm better for it. Hell, I was aggravating my mom in the kitchen when I was about 15 years old... she told me numerous times to stop... I didn't.. .she hit me with a FRYING PAN. It wasn't hot, but not cold either... FRYING PAN... upside my noggin. I didn't do it anymore.

Now it's you can't hit them with a SWITCH?

Our society is pathetic. The poeple that oversee our laws and how they impact daily lives is pathetic. The fact they even have the ability to impact our daily lives is pathetic.

The way the NFL has handled the Ray Rice saga vs. how they've handled problems like Hardy, and the numerous problems that the Ravens have had in their own organization.. IS PATHETIC. :angry:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:40 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

I viewed the pictures. Looks pretty much typical results from a switch. I had one taken to me several times growing up.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:44 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Whoop your wife, whoop you kids. The pics look brutal though.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:02 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Makchell wrote:

There's a right way and a wrong way to spank a child. Leaving marks like that is definitely the wrong way.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:06 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Makchell wrote:

It does not take much for a switch to leave a mark. I have no issues with what AP did other than the fact the kid was 4.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:12 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Did you see the pics?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:24 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Makchell wrote:
Did you see the pics?

I saw what were reported on the site as the pictures.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:34 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

First of all, I'm not going to defend a man that gets so many random women and strippers pregnant. I seriously don't care what happens to such a reckless & self absorbed loser.

But I have to wonder if there is more to this story because we don't even know the situation. It's easy to say it looks bad from here but so did a lot of my whippings when I was a disobedient kid & my parents wanted me to learn whats best for me.

This could be just a money grab on her part but she took pictures of this kid's leg & AP is probably going to be hunted down by child services now

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:49 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

My mother was raised in an abusive household... She laid down the law with my dad, not hitting..

I turned out just fine....

Not sure how people physically hurt their loved ones and feel good about it.. But to each is own.. I dont even hit my dog...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:10 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Coots wrote:
... I got my tale tore up repeatedly as a kid... I'm better for it. Hell, I was aggravating my mom in the kitchen when I was about 15 years old... she told me numerous times to stop... I didn't.. .she hit me with a FRYING PAN. It wasn't hot, but not cold either... FRYING PAN... upside my noggin. I didn't do it anymore.

Now it's you can't hit them with a SWITCH?

My dad took a belt and a switch to me growing up to where it left marks, so, I was thinking that the media is still trying to get into my home to tell me how to raise my kid. But, that isn't the case after hearing what Peterson did to him. This is way overboard to the point where it looks as if his anger got to him. I would call it abuse ... and that pisses me off because I drafted him this year in our Phinfever FFL.

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:17 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

So, I just saw the pictures and they look like normal marks from getting spanked with a switch. It doesn't take much to make a mark like that. When I got my butt whipped as a kid it was natural to try to get away from getting spanked, so, I would say that getting whipped on the back of his hands and other areas is normal.

What I don't get is why Peterson had trouble holding down a 4 year old to where he got him on the front of the legs. Also, a four year old getting a switch?

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:17 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I'm on the fence with this one guys. I was spanked and I spanked my kids as well. AP left marks, but does that constitute abuse? I also hate the Gov't getting involved with private matters. Of course add the overreaction by the media and you have another circus.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:52 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

That's pretty extreme for a 4 year old...I don't know if we need arrests and court for it..

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:53 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

10acjed wrote:
My mother was raised in an abusive household... She laid down the law with my dad, not hitting..
There is abuse and then there is discipline. Spanking is not abuse.

10acjed wrote:
I turned out just fine....
Wouldn't that be a matter of opinion? :fart:

10acjed wrote:
Not sure how people physically hurt their loved ones and feel good about it.. But to each is own.. I dont even hit my dog...

Guess you have never heard the saying. "This hurts me more than it hurts you. " It should kill a parent to spank their child. I know it did me when I spanked my daughter once for back talking her mother. The one & only time and it was the last resort to stop it. Never had to spank my son, nor has he ever given me a reason to consider it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:56 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Steve Zissou wrote:
First of all, I'm not going to defend a man that gets so many random women and strippers pregnant. I seriously don't care what happens to such a reckless & self absorbed loser.
The mother of his kids have been random/strippers? Unaware he was living a life like that.

In case everyone forgot. AP son died about a couple of yrs ago because of abuse. A boyfriend of the mother.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:20 am 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

This is just a scam by the NFL & Belicheck to ensure a Patriot win this week.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:26 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

My older son is a hellion. I couldn't keep him in control without an assortment of belts. Granted, i've never left marks, but still. Spanking is spanking. It's the trauma of the event that triggers behavioral changes. Which is why I do more to drag out the experiance than just hitting. Honestly, I might swat him 4-5 times rather gingerley. But when he knows it's coming for like 30 mins... That's all it takes. Leaving marks is a sign that anger got in the way. Never dicipline off emotional response. Send the kid to his/her room and cool off a minute.

I'm not on AP's side for this. I respect his right to dicipline his kids, but what he did to that kid was wrong.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:32 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

After reading the reports, I thought the pictures would've looked a lot worse.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:39 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

FINesse wrote:
This is just a scam by the NFL & Belicheck to ensure a Patriot win this week.

Who do you think called the police?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:41 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Ski_Money wrote:
My older son is a hellion. I couldn't keep him in control without an assortment of belts. Granted, i've never left marks, but still. Spanking is spanking. It's the trauma of the event that triggers behavioral changes. Which is why I do more to drag out the experiance than just hitting. Honestly, I might swat him 4-5 times rather gingerley. But when he knows it's coming for like 30 mins... That's all it takes. Leaving marks is a sign that anger got in the way. Never dicipline off emotional response. Send the kid to his/her room and cool off a minute.
A switch will leave a mark regardless. If someone has never had one used on them, then the results might be shocking.

I would be hard pressed that any parent that has spanked a child has not left the room wondering. Did I hit them harder than I wanted to? As a parent you want to send a message, while also not being to soft. It is a fine line. I agree a switch might not have been the best idea for a 4 yr old. Still not abuse, but not the best decision.

Ski_Money wrote:

I'm not on AP's side for this. I respect his right to dicipline his kids, but what he did to that kid was wrong.
I'm on the side of spanking are not bad for children.

Last edited by Dphins4me on Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:41 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

AFCMiamiEast wrote:

Agree, I was expecting gashes.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:34 am 
Admin | Forum Design
Admin | Forum Design

I respect everyone's opinion here, it's a tough subject for people to talk about and agree on.

I mean... my view, I guess from my personal experience growing up is different than a lot.. or maybe it's where I live... but I've been whipped with switches that wasn't even by my own parents. My friends parents have whipped me with them. Not only did I used to get them, but I was made to go cut my own switch... and the statement "If you don't cut one good enough to get a whipping with, you get double the stripes"...

I'm not saying it made me a hard a$$, or it made me anything different than any other person, but I quickly realized I didn't like that... and my actions that caused that consequence wasn't worth it.

I can't help it... I swat my 2 year old daughters legs when she acts up. She already knows when I'm serious and when she's doing wrong. When we're in public, she knows to act right. Just last week I seen a boy that was at least 4-5 years old swatting at his mother and kicking and screaming in the floor.. that's right IN THE FLOOR. He needed a whipping (my opinion anyway)... the mom just sat there and took it... which I don't know the personal situation. It's just an example.

It's tricky, but whatever works for the individual parent. So if AP thought it was best to swat him with a switch, I get it... now if he was whacking away at him with a tree branch and leaving gashes and bleeding, it'd be different.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:48 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Coots wrote:
I can't help it... I swat my 2 year old daughters legs when she acts up.

It's your kid, discipline them the way you see fit. The media today is the worst, so quick to crucify anyone with a reputation over the most common place circumstances to get better ratings. Even though I watch sports all the time, ESPN is becoming more like TMZ by the day.

Hartline had a tweet the other day that said something among the lines that the NFL gets the biggest "reality TV show award". I watch ESPN/NFL Network to get my sports fix, even though all this BS dominates the air time, I change channels, and don't read much into it. It doesn't affect me, so why should I care. Apparently the average person loves drama, which is why the media focuses on that as much as they can, and now it's infested the sports world as well. I couldn't give two f's.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:03 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

AFCMiamiEast wrote:

It's your kid, discipline them the way you see fit. The media today is the worst, so quick to crucify anyone with a reputation over the most common place circumstances to get better ratings. Even though I watch sports all the time, ESPN is becoming more like TMZ by the day.

Hartline had a tweet the other day that said something among the lines that the NFL gets the biggest "reality TV show award". I watch ESPN/NFL Network to get my sports fix, even though all this BS dominates the air time, I change channels, and don't read much into it. It doesn't affect me, so why should I care. Apparently the average person loves drama, which is why the media focuses on that as much as they can, and now it's infested the sports world as well. I couldn't give two f's.

I wish sports channels would deal with on the field sports. Personally I could not care less if Ray Rice hit his girlfriend/wife. I could not care less if AP whooped his child. I could not care less if players want to take steroids.

If not one gets it. I could not care less with off field issues. I want sports reporting from ESPN and any other sports channel. Not worldly views and events that might gain ratings, but have nothing to do with the play on the field.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:14 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
I wish sports channels would deal with on the field sports. Personally I could not care less if Ray Rice hit his girlfriend/wife. I could not care less if AP whooped his child. I could not care less if players want to take steroids.

If not one gets it. I could not care less with off field issues. I want sports reporting from ESPN and any other sports channel. Not worldly views and events that might gain ratings, but have nothing to do with the play on the field.

Yup, today's society is a dayum joke. Everyone's lives revolve around fitting in, and having interests in what OTHER people do. Off field drama and the "reality TV show" aspect of ESPN, as Hartline put it on Twitter, is maddening. There was a period of 4-5 days where I couldn't even turn ESPN on without RAY RICE being the topic of discussion.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:56 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Dphins4me wrote:
Steve Zissou wrote:
The mother of his kids have been random/strippers? Unaware he was living a life like that.

In case everyone forgot. AP son died about a couple of yrs ago because of abuse. A boyfriend of the mother.

If it tells you anything when AP got to the hospital to see his two year son, that was the first time he had met him

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:05 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

http://nypost.com/2013/10/17/adrian-peterson-could-have-7-kids-ex/

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:06 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Steve Zissou wrote:

If it tells you anything when AP got to the hospital to see his two year son, that was the first time he had met him

I remember reading that. Kinda a pathetic person. Great FB player, sucky father.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:09 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Dphins4me wrote:
AFCMiamiEast wrote:

Agree, I was expecting gashes.

I'm trying to put myself in his shoes. Maybe hes not around and he's upset at the way the boy is acting. Maybe he continues to do things that could harm him like play in the street & mom doesn't care enough to discipline. So its possible he tried spanking & it didn't get his attention.

Idk man. I'm trying to find some reasoning behind it clearly. But punishment leaves marks sometimes . . . We may never know the whole situation.

But maybe if AP was consistently in the boy's life it wouldn't have come to this

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:20 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

My selfish, initial reaction was "seriously, the week MN plays NE?" I really want to see another NE loss.

I got spanked as a child, I don't spank my son, but I am not against parents spanking their kids.

By the stories, I was expected gashes - pictures not as bad as I expected. However I also assumed the boy was older like 10-12, not 4. My son is 4 - I can't see how a 4 year old needs to be spanked/switched that much.

I feel like I don't know the whole story, just that the media wants to paint. I am trying not to judge.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:52 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Give a kid a tap on the butt to let him know your serious is a lot different than multiple welts from being beaten with a stick...

Sorry, but if your stuck in 1925 and hit your kids with switches, you deserve the same.... Read a F'n book on parenting and discipline without violence...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:34 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

10acjed wrote:
Give a kid a tap on the butt to let him know your serious is a lot different than multiple welts from being beaten with a stick...
Beaten? A switch, not a stick.

10acjed wrote:
Sorry, but if your stuck in 1925 and hit your kids with switches, you deserve the same.... Read a F'n book on parenting and discipline without violence...

Yeap, because books have raised kids. Its like reading a book on how to make a successful marriage written by a women with three failed marriages under her belt. If I'm going to read a book on how to do something, then the author had better be successful at it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:40 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Dphins4me wrote:
10acjed wrote:
Beaten? A switch, not a stick.

10acjed wrote:

Yeap, because books have raised kids. Its like reading a book on how to make a successful marriage written by a women with three failed marriages under her belt. If I'm going to read a book on how to do something, then the author had better be successful at it.

Hey they are yours, you love them.. Beat the hell out of them for all I care.... :yay:

My opinion doesnt matter...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:59 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

10acjed wrote:
Hey they are yours, you love them.. Beat the hell out of them for all I care...

AP kids are not mine.

If you are referencing my children. I've never had to spank my 13 yr son & only my 11 daughter once in her life. However, I still believe spanking is a tool parents might need to use.

Youth today are not exactly growing up being respectful, but we can ignore that obvious point.

10acjed wrote:
My opinion doesnt matter...
Neither does mine, just asking for correctness in your comments.

I was just pointing out your advice on read a book. Make sure how the kids of the author turned out. I personally do not want advice from someone who's child turned into a drug addict.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:10 am 
Admin | Forum Design
Admin | Forum Design

10acjed wrote:

This is the epitome of what is wrong with this country. So the poor kid got a welp or two. Don't discipline your kids, read a book and figure out how to do it the right way. Clearly your definition of violence is a lot different than mine. Then trying to justify and belittle people by telling them they are somehow outdated and ignorant or in your words... "go read a F'n book". That's a typical progressive agenda move these days... "you're outdated, go read a book".

Our society, more specifically the CULTURE our society is creating is about as sick as it gets. We're doomed.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:13 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Coots wrote:

This is the epitome of what is wrong with this country. So the poor kid got a welp or two. Don't discipline your kids, read a book and figure out how to do it the right way. Clearly your definition of violence is a lot different than mine. Then trying to justify and belittle people by telling them they are somehow outdated and ignorant or in your words... "go read a F'n book". That's a typical progressive agenda move these days... "you're outdated, go read a book".

Our society, more specifically the CULTURE our society is creating is about as sick as it gets. We're doomed.

Wonder how 10acjed feels about reading the bible as the book on child rearing.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:21 am 
Admin | Forum Design
Admin | Forum Design

Dphins4me wrote:
Coots wrote:

Wonder how 10acjed feels about reading the bible as the book on child rearing.

That's offensive, you said Bible and didn't mention the Torah, Qur'an or the Tripitaka... go read a F'n book on sensitivity and not discriminating against other people's religions Dphin4me.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:25 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Take it easy 10acjed, Dphins4me, & Coots.

Your difference of opinion isn't as much of the problem as the fact that AP isn't around for his children.

Don't make it a personal thing. If any of you are there consistently for your kids you're already a better parent than AP, no matter how you believe in discipline

Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next