Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Think 2008....a good QB makes all the difference

Post subject: Re: Bring in Matt Moore
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:53 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Yes, they do. They hide the negatives by making up for dropped passes, ETC.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:57 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

NFLJunkie wrote:

Well, I hate to burst the Pennington bubble but the offense was stinking up the joint with Pennington at the helm before the Wildcat.

2008 - Wildcat made all the difference.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:05 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

The wildcat helped, but I remember Pennington making plays when needed. Granted we got rolled in the playoffs, but the season was fun neverless.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:10 pm 

Makchell wrote:
The wildcat helped, but I remember Pennington making plays when needed. Granted we got rolled in the playoffs, but the season was fun neverless.

The season was fun, yes.

But Pennington went 36 of 53 for 363 yards, 2 Td and 1 INt the first two games and the offense looked inept putting up a total of 24 points in two games.

And Pennington couldn't throw further than 20 yards downfield, which made playing defense against us a lot easier.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:20 pm 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

"Why not us"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:39 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Reporters in 2008 were saying that the coaches were thinking of replacing Pennington after the first 2 games.

But I agree with what Mak said. Pennington managed the game, limited the mistakes and made the easy throws when needed. If Tannehill does that we will see a winning ball club.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:41 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

And Pennington couldn't throw further than 20 yards downfield, which made playing defense against us a lot easier.

True, now we have a QB that can throw down field and can't make a play, which makes playing defense agaisnt us a lot easier. Seriously though, wallace is wide open, it's like the D says let him throw, they won't connect anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:41 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

True, now we have a QB that can throw down field and can't make a play, which makes playing defense agaisnt us a lot easier. Seriously though, wallace is wide open, it's like the D says let him throw, they won't connect anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:00 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

NFLJunkie wrote:
I think in the beginning, we were all sold on the "upside" of RT. It is year 3...it is time for him to start showing that "upside".

Well "upside" is all he has ever had, he has "tools"

RT has zero feel, bad mechanics, horrible inaccurate, low football iq, and doesn't use his athleticism. "Upside" is his physical skills. He lacks the things you cannot teach. he is a good guy, tough, good teammate. But he does not have "it"

Is Matt Moore the long term answer? of course not. Its pretty ignorant for ppl to say Moore sucks, and if he starts we are giving up on the season. He is the reason we are stuck with an athlete who wasn't even a good qb in college instead of Luck. Do you guys remember that matt Moore? 6-3 on a team that was 0-7 with crap talent.

We can make the playoffs with Tannehill, but the team has to play great around him and he has to just not screw it up. He has showed he isn't making any special plays to win us games. He isn't a guy who elecates the players around him, he requires the opposite actually

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:03 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Makchell wrote:

How many on-the-run throws have we seen so far? I thought that would be a staple? Heck, the one deep ball to Wallace that looked good was ON THE RUN.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:10 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

slk018 wrote:
Its pretty ignorant for ppl to say Moore sucks, and if he starts we are giving up on the season.

That is not what is being said. Even the beat writers have said it is going to be a sink or swim season with Tannehill. That is a coaching decision, not an evaluation of what is happening.

Realistically, unfair or not, it doesn't appear Moore would get a shot unless the season was lost or Tannehill gets hurt. People can clamor for it all they want, and could end up being justified in doing so. Maybe if Miami is 1-6 and Tannehill just wilts then we could see Moore try to rescue the season. I'm not sure they get to that point. Three of their next 5 games are KC, Oakland and Jacksonville. Those should be winnable games.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:14 pm 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Tanny does throw good on the run.....I always think back to that 4th down against Baltimore last year, right before Sturgis missed his 57 yarder. The bomb to Gibson, and he made a heck of a catch twisting and turning......hmmmmm maybe Gibson should get more involved in the offensive scheme.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:14 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I just want to win games. I don't give a crap about Tannehill's feelings or his development. If he can't handle a benching for poor play then I know for sure he'll never amount to anything in this league.

Just can't stand the perception that a team HAS TO keep a guy out there if his play continues as is.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:17 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we need to draft a QB every year you never know.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:20 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, we need to draft a QB every year you never know.

Was never going to happen once Philbin set up shop he. He brought his boy Sherman over and by extension the keys were practically handed to Tanny from the get go .... the proverbial packaged deal. Ross and the regime sold the kid to the fans as the answer, so there was no way they'd draft anyone else who might be a legitimate threat.

But I agree with you. You keep putting talent out there until you've got the final solution.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:29 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Moore didn't beat a team with a winning record in 2011, and had 6 turnovers in his last 2 games.

He is trash.

Study up!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:31 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

slk018 wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
I think in the beginning, we were all sold on the "upside" of RT. It is year 3...it is time for him to start showing that "upside".

Well "upside" is all he has ever had, he has "tools"

RT has zero feel, bad mechanics, horrible inaccurate, low football iq, and doesn't use his athleticism. "Upside" is his physical skills. He lacks the things you cannot teach. he is a good guy, tough, good teammate. But he does not have "it"

Is Matt Moore the long term answer? of course not. Its pretty ignorant for ppl to say Moore sucks, and if he starts we are giving up on the season. He is the reason we are stuck with an athlete who wasn't even a good qb in college instead of Luck. Do you guys remember that matt Moore? 6-3 on a team that was 0-7 with crap talent.

We can make the playoffs with Tannehill, but the team has to play great around him and he has to just not screw it up. He has showed he isn't making any special plays to win us games. He isn't a guy who elecates the players around him, he requires the opposite actually

What are you doing in here Steve? You snake!!

Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2