Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:56 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Mid 90s.

If he made throws accuratly he might be in the mid's too. Here's a thought, imagine how good we would be if he recievers and they catch the ball!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:01 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Makchell wrote:
Mid 90s.

If he made throws accuratly he might be in the mid's too. Here's a thought, imagine how good we would be if he recievers and they catch the ball!!

If none of his targetted passes were dropped, he would have a 73.7% completion on targetted passes. That would put him ahead of Andy Dalton, Matt Ryan, Matthew Stafford, Andrew Luck, Nick Foles and Tom Brady.

What that says to me is the drops are a bigger issue from a production standpoint than the inaccurate passes.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:22 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Makchell wrote:
would love to know what his precious rating is if the WRs would actually catch the balls that hit them right in their hands. See, Sims, Hartline, Wallace, Clay etc.

About the only one I am exempting is Gibson. He knows how to catch a ball.

No debating this, his WRs MUST catch the ball.

See? We can agree on some things. Look, I am not giving Tannehill a blank check, but when I see a WR drop what could be an easy first down or TD, and then I hear people saying how it's all Tannehill's fault, I have to question their intelligence.

Oh, and I understand this is an opinions forum. But I also should be entitled to my opinion....

which is that their opinions are stupid.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:01 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

when I see a WR drop what could be an easy first down or TD, and then I hear people saying how it's all Tannehill's fault

No one is blaming RT for those. RT has his only problems like not hitting a wide open mathews for a 1st down or throwing balls behind recievers. There are 2 points to the Bills game. WRs dropping balls and RT missing open recievers.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:03 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:
when I see a WR drop what could be an easy first down or TD, and then I hear people saying how it's all Tannehill's fault

No one is blaming RT for those. RT has his only problems like not hitting a wide open mathews for a 1st down or throwing balls behind recievers. There are 2 points to the Bills game. WRs dropping balls and RT missing open recievers.

Thats about the size of it, no one thing to blame.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:05 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Makchell wrote:

I promise you, he could throw for 350 yards, 3 Tds, no int and win 40-17, and some of these guys would STILL complain that he didn't hit a deep bomb to Wallace, or threw a ball behind a WR.

There are just some people who hate him, no matter what. And those are the ones I mock.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:30 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I promise you, he could throw for 350 yards, 3 Tds, no int and win 40-17,

I agree with this.

and some of these guys would STILL complain that he didn't hit a deep bomb to Wallace, or threw a ball behind a WR.

There are just some people who hate him, no matter what. And those are the ones I mock.

I don't agree with this. No one hates him nor would anyone complain if he threw for 350 3tds 0 int.. Stop confusing this board with some other board.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:26 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:
I promise you, he could throw for 350 yards, 3 Tds, no int and win 40-17,

I agree with this.

and some of these guys would STILL complain that he didn't hit a deep bomb to Wallace, or threw a ball behind a WR.

I don't agree with this. No one hates him nor would anyone complain if he threw for 350 3tds 0 int.. Stop confusing this board with some other board.

I don't even know why we bother responding to Jim. It's the same shtick with him over and over again ..... well when he creeps out of his hole after various hiatuses. 50 year old man who's entire argument comes down to "Well you just hate him".

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:27 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

NFLJunkie wrote:
It is always 9 other guys fault when a Miami QB is struggling. Has been that way for 15 years except 2008.. the WR suddenly started catching everything that year.

..... and every year they tell us it's "different" this time, then the QB's go on to be long forgotten. LOL

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:58 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

NFLJunkie wrote:

It is always 9 other guys fault when a Miami QB is struggling. Has been that way for 15 years except 2008.. the WR suddenly started catching everything that year.

True they caught passes that yr. Probably because they came in so soft from the lack of arm strength from Pennington.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:09 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Rock Sexton wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

..... and every year they tell us it's "different" this time, then the QB's go on to be long forgotten. LOL

Yes Jim has shtick, but this is the same old shtick out of you. Ready to give up on any new qb right away.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:32 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

dolphans1 wrote:
In a way, its like a "bad marriage" lets just accept its as good as its going to ever get.

It's not going to get any better, we just have to learn to accept it and not complain about it.

I just wish we'd try changing the QB to see if we can create a spark and turn this season around before it gets out of hand.

Dude, stop yourself. You "don't want to sound repetitive"? Then hush up about it. Simple as that. It's week 2. Just stop.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:34 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Finster wrote:
Makchell wrote:

But you want the qb benched.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:03 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Kev1321 wrote:
Finster wrote:
Makchell wrote:

But you want the qb benched.

That's not really what I said Kev, I said if this type of play continues then he should be benched, and I believe that, but that is almost always the case, it's usually not just one thing, like the saying goes, "it's not the one thing, it's the dismal tide".

There were too many drops in the game, but there were WAY too many off target passes in the game, about 35 passes where there was placement issues, that is just way too many, I also believe that that lack of consistency leads to more drops, just like it did with Henne.

Like I also said on another thread, maybe a benching is just the thing to light a fire, but then again maybe he just isn't accurate enough.

Lets hope he goes out and has a stellar performance this week and shuts me, and the rest of his critics up.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:44 am 

Finster wrote:
about 35 passes where there was placement issues

Exaggerate much....

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:16 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Finster wrote:
about 35 passes where there was placement issues, that is just way too many

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:00 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I stayed off the boards until today because I knew how far the level of intelligence would drop after a loss to Buffalo following a win over New England.
Relax guys, it's a long season and we've only just begun. If Ryan Tannehill is the answer at QB, he needs to prove it this year. No excuses.
Obviously I'm pulling for him as I'm tired of seeing the revolving door at the position since Danny retired.
Blessings to my fellow Phin Fans

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:27 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Finster wrote:
That's not really what I said Kev, I said if this type of play continues then he should be benched, and I believe that, but that is almost always the case, it's usually not just one thing, like the saying goes, "it's not the one thing, it's the dismal tide".

There were too many drops in the game, but there were WAY too many off target passes in the game, about 35 passes where there was placement issues, that is just way too many, I also believe that that lack of consistency leads to more drops, just like it did with Henne.

Like I also said on another thread, maybe a benching is just the thing to light a fire, but then again maybe he just isn't accurate enough.

Lets hope he goes out and has a stellar performance this week and shuts me, and the rest of his critics up.

You want Tanny to die on the field on Sunday don't you?

LOL ..... seriously that's what these conversations typically deviate to when you oppose someone's golden boy.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:49 pm 

Rock Sexton wrote:
LOL ..... seriously that's what these conversations typically deviate to when you oppose someone's golden boy.

Kev has been quite critical on these forums about Tannehill...

Interesting that you're ridiculing the deviation of a conversation while being wildly exaggerative at the same time...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:42 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:

Interesting that you're ridiculing the deviation of a conversation while being wildly exaggerative at the same time...

The "35 inaccurate passes" comment made me lol.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:43 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:

You just want me dead Rich!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:07 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Phin wrote:
I stayed off the boards until today because I knew how far the level of intelligence would drop after a loss to Buffalo following a win over New England.
Relax guys, it's a long season and we've only just begun. If Ryan Tannehill is the answer at QB, he needs to prove it this year. No excuses.
Obviously I'm pulling for him as I'm tired of seeing the revolving door at the position since Danny retired.
Blessings to my fellow Phin Fans

:yay: Lets at least give the team and QB a full season with Lazor.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:13 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Rock Sexton wrote:
Finster wrote:

You want Tanny to die on the field on Sunday don't you?

You accuse people here of exaggerating to prove their point and then you turn around and do it yourself. Credibility being flushed down the toilet man.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:34 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

swerve13 wrote:
You accuse people here of exaggerating to prove their point and then you turn around and do it yourself. Credibility being flushed down the toilet man.

You just don't want to give anyone on this planet any credit!

Last edited by Rock Sexton on Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:34 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I knew how far the level of intelligence would drop after a loss to Buffalo

Thanks for keeping the trend going!! :yay:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:29 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Finster wrote:

Even if he does. Its only a matter of time before he plays a lesser game & you guys will be right back. Probably saying "I knew he could not keep it up" or something to that affect.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:00 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
Even if he does. Its only a matter of time before he plays a lesser game & you guys will be right back. Probably saying "I knew he could not keep it up" or something to that affect.

A win vs. the Chiefs should permanently silences critics?

Call me crazy but it's going to take quite a larger amount of games strung together and significant road wins particularly within the division where he's 1-5.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:13 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Rock Sexton wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:

A win vs. the Chiefs should permanently silences critics?

Call me crazy but it's going to take quite a larger amount of games strung together and significant road wins particularly within the division where he's 1-5.

Dude? "Its only a matter of time"

Regardless he could play 10 great games. It doesn't matter. Some fans just believe players should never have bad game or games.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:17 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
Dude? "Its only a matter of time"

Regardless he could play 10 great games. It doesn't matter. Some fans just believe players should never have bad game or games.

10 great games and they still complain? C'mon man .....

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:32 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Rock Sexton wrote:

10 great games and they still complain? C'mon man .....
If game 11 is a bad game. You bet

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:11 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
If game 11 is a bad game. You bet

If you say so. LOL

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:14 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Rock Sexton wrote:

If you say so. LOL

I know so. If there is one things fans can do. That is complain. Never happy, always what have you done lately.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:26 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
I know so. If there is one things fans can do. That is complain. Never happy, always what have you done lately.

Remind me again what Dolphins fans are supposed to be happy about and what have they "done"?

You seem to equate this situation to "nothing's ever good enough" where someone is getting everything they could possible have and aren't satisfied. Perhaps you missed the mediocrity this franchise has been mired in the last 14 years.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:36 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Rock Sexton wrote:
Remind me again what Dolphins fans are supposed to be happy about and what have they "done"?
If it takes the Phins winning to make you happy, then you have bigger issues than Miami Dolphins not winning.

For someone who claimed not to long ago you do not let Miami loseing effect you, you sure do seem awfully upset with them.

Rock Sexton wrote:
You seem to equate this situation to "nothing's ever good enough" where someone is getting everything they could possible have and aren't satisfied.
For some its not. Also, you seem to totally whiff on I said if Tanny played well for 10 games, because him playing well is a matter of opinion and some believe every throw should be spot on.

Rock Sexton wrote:
Perhaps you missed the mediocrity this franchise has been mired in the last 14 years.

Nope, but you have missed the previous 15 yrs before those 14. I've been watch mediocre Phins football since the '84 season. Miami has pretty much been an avg to below avg team since I was 19 yrs old.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:48 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
If it takes the Phins winning to make you happy, then you have bigger issues than Miami Dolphins not winning.

For someone who claimed not to long ago you do not let Miami loseing effect you, you sure do seem awfully upset with them.

That's your false judgement. My pointing out their mediocrity has nothing to do with it affecting my life. Being unhappy with their performance is not mutually exclusive to it, so please spare me the drug store psychology.

Quote:
For some its not. Also, you seem to totally whiff on I said if Tanny played well for 10 games, because him playing well is a matter of opinion and some believe every throw should be spot on.

Oh ok so "great" games are just matter of opinion now. It couldn't possibly be obvious to all if they guy's play spoke for itself. So let's just blur the discussion up even more with unnecessary layers.

Quote:
Nope, but you have missed the previous 15 yrs before those 14. I've been watch mediocre Phins football since the '84 season. Miami has pretty much been an avg to below avg team since I was 19 yrs old.

You are crazy. We contended for the AFC East throughout the 80's and 90's. Made the playoffs how many times in that span compared to the last 14 years? 13 times from 1980 to 2000 ..... with 4 conference championship appearances.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:16 am 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

The Dolphins are one of the winningest teams in league history. Our fan base is spoiled. Ask the Lions and Cardinals how the past 40 years have been?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:23 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:
I knew how far the level of intelligence would drop after a loss to Buffalo

Thanks for keeping the trend going!! :yay:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:24 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Mediocre is not the term I would use to describe the Marino years. I thought they were wonderful and enjoyed them immensely.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:31 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

swerve13 wrote:
The Dolphins are one of the winningest teams in league history. Our fan base is spoiled. Ask the Lions and Cardinals how the past 40 years have been?

Which provides absolutely no context as to how they've been performing in the last decade or so. It's booger eater math.

The Dolphins have 108 wins vs. 118 losses since Marino retired featuring 4 double digit loss seasons and only 2 playoff appearances ..... not to mention all the fun with Bullygate, Ricky Wiliams going AWOL, Parcells abandoning ship, The Sparano/Harbaugh fiasco led by Ross, and all of the numerous NFL coaches/execs who didn't want to set up shop here.

Like I said, MEDIOCRE for over a decade. The bulk of our winning was done before the last 15 years.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:21 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

The Dolphins have 108 wins vs. 118 losses since Marino retired

Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next