All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:09 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

New OC Has totally thrown off his timing. You have to remember he ran Sherman's Offense for 4 years.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:23 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

NFLJunkie wrote:
New OC Has totally thrown off his timing. You have to remember he ran Sherman's Offense for 4 years.

I brought it up when Lazor was hired ...... but we were bound to find out if Sherman's offense was a crutch or holding him back. So far Tanny hasn't eliminated the worry that it was a crutch. Still have to keep in mind it's two games in.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:32 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

NFLJunkie wrote:
RT is 79 for 149, 705yds, 4 TDs and 5 Picks his last 4 outtings. This is lousy.

Guys, I don't mean to sound repetitive, but we've been seeing this style of play this last two seasons, now going into a 3rd season, same thing all over?

It's not going to change....!!!!

Don't get me wrong, I'd like it to, but you can't wish for an average player to become a good player. (notice, I haven't said "great")

In a way, its like a "bad marriage" lets just accept its as good as its going to ever get.

It's not going to get any better, we just have to learn to accept it and not complain about it.

I just wish we'd try changing the QB to see if we can create a spark and turn this season around before it gets out of hand.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:32 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

NFLJunkie wrote:
Why don't we compare him to Ryan Leaf?

Ben was brought into this discussion is why, because someone ( maybe you ) said Wallace needed a top talented Qbs like he had in Pitts.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:36 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Kapernick had 4 TO and SF lost at home to the Bears. Who BTW lost to these same Bills at home last week. Maybe the Bills are not such a horrible team to begin with. They have the D. They have the running game. They have the Wr. They have the developing Qb being put in good situations. Buf. trades up for a top talented Wr, while Miami trades down from one & grabs a DT and then trades their top talented Wr for a couple of 3rd picks.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:33 am 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Finster wrote:
If this type of play from Tanne keeps up, how long until he gets the hook?

He was bad today.

Finster , just a gut feeling but I dont see this staff ever pulling him if he is healthy.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:32 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

NFLJunkie wrote:

This may be the first time Tannehill has been coached on his footwork and it is probably screwing with his game. There are going to be growing pains when you change a quarterback's mechanics. This should have been done his rookie season.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:10 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Rich wrote:
Like I said in my blog, I don't see him rising to the occasion.

It shouldn't be Moreno sparking the offense.

And this is my biggest concern. At least last year he was looking confident while throwing the ball and he basically was the offense.

Having the ground game take the pressure off is great, but the passing game is supposed to improve in that scenario.

The jury is still out but I'll admit my concerns with him have increased with these last two games. This is not what I saw in the preseason or read about all through camp.

Hopefully he shreds the Chiefs and Raiders.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:11 am 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

I predicted before this season, there would be a new excuse. "First year in a new system".

Why is anyone surprised by his flaws? He was not even good in college he was 0-6 against the better teams he played. He has never had any pocket presence or feel for the game. His lack of feel is the reason why he slides short of first down in the biggest game of his life, runs out of bounds 5 yards behind the LOS when trying to run out the clock etc.

His accuracy is even more concerning just like it has always been.
throws high and behind consistently, throws over the head of RB on flat routes with nobody near them etc.

The whole team laid an egg yesterday. But, it is time to stop making excuses and asking for "more time" for mediocre at best qb play. I mean darn, rule 1 when drafting a qb IMO- Are the good in college? Do they produce in college?

We really struggle at Buffalo- special teams sucked, no pass rush, dropped passes everywhere, QB left point on the board as always. The back to back plays on in breaking routes behind Matthews, and high and behind Matthews again next play!! Fields sucked etc.

Here is to hoping this game was a fluke and we are the team from week 1- If so, we go to the bye 3-1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:21 am 

slk018 wrote:
I predicted before this season, there would be a new excuse. "First year in a new system".

You make it sound as if this is not a potentially valid reason.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:36 am 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Rich wrote:
slk018 wrote:

You make it sound as if this is not a potentially valid reason.

The excuse last yr was Sherman being a dinosaur and holding him back..

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:37 am 

slk018 wrote:
The excuse last yr was Sherman being a dinosaur and holding him back..

Ok, that doesn't mean him having early struggles in a new system isn't a realistic possibility.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:38 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Ok, that doesn't mean him having early struggles in a new system isn't a realistic possibility.

Sure it could be a reason or an excuse depending on how we look at it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:42 am 

Makchell wrote:

However you want to look at it, it shouldn't be dismissed outright as a viable possibility.

I predicted that Tannehill would hit some early bumps in the new offense because Lazor is making him change his entire game.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:48 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

However you want to look at it, it shouldn't be dismissed outright as a viable possibility.

I predicted that Tannehill would hit some early bumps in the new offense because Lazor is making him change his entire game.

Hopefully, the bumps go away casue it's gonna be a long season. Not only RT, but where was the DL? It sucks casue the whole team blew yesterday.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:15 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Consistency is the problem.

At times Tannehill looks great, at times he's meh, and the rest is concerning.

He's had some bad drops that have hurt his stat sheet. Its the eyeball test that isn't building my confidence.

I'm not looking for him to be a world beater this year. I just expect him to win the games he is supposed to win, manage the offense properly, convert 3rd downs and hit those short to intermediate TD passes when his guy is open. He did the latter last year, not sure why it has misfired so far this year.

He has two great opportunities to bounce back against the Chiefs and Raiders. Neither defense should be too imposing. And he doesn't have Moreno so HE has to lead this offense. If he gets this team to 3-1 I will feel much better about him going forward.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:21 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

If he gets this team to 3-1 I will feel much better about him going forward.

I like the eyeball test. We can use stats, PFF, drops, ETC. but the eyes don't lie. I hope he comes on strong and shows us he's a leader and gamer. I have a feeling his stats will be the same with the TD/INT ratio being about the same and we will sqeak out a win with a pick 6 or something. I hope not...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:30 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
Makchell wrote:

The problem that I see though Rich, is that they are the same problems, his ball placement is not good, and that is the real problem, he has left A LOT of plays on the field in just these 2 games.

Imo the roster is better than it has been in a while, and that RT is holding us back, how long before the players start losing faith in him, how long before they are wishing for MM, and also, how long before RT gets in his own head, thinking "everyones right about me".

There are no more excuses for ball placement, that has to change.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:39 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Finster wrote:
The problem that I see though Rich, is that they are the same problems, his ball placement is not good, and that is the real problem, he has left A LOT of plays on the field in just these 2 games.

Imo the roster is better than it has been in a while, and that RT is holding us back, how long before the players start losing faith in him, how long before they are wishing for MM, and also, how long before RT gets in his own head, thinking "everyones right about me".

There are no more excuses for ball placement, that has to change.

He's had as many drops as missed throws so I'm not sure they're at the point of giving up on him. It has been a team effort of leaving points on the field. Let's not pretend for one second the line did him any favors yesterday.

But you are correct in that he has to step up where Moreno left off. He has to be the catalyst, or at the very least make sure he's converting 3rd downs after the backs hopefully get him in manageable distances.

The more we discuss this the more I'm thinking he bounces back over the next couple of weeks.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:40 am 

Finster wrote:
Imo the roster is better than it has been in a while, and that RT is holding us back

What about 7 drops in two games (2nd in the NFL)? Drops by players who were hit in stride and had plenty of field in front of them to pick up yards? Charles Clay, Brian Hartline, Lamar Miller...

If those guys make easy catches and get YAC or TDs, we're talking about completely different statistics on offense.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:50 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
Finster wrote:
Imo the roster is better than it has been in a while, and that RT is holding us back

What about 7 drops in two games (2nd in the NFL)? Drops by players who were hit in stride and had plenty of field in front of them to pick up yards? Charles Clay, Brian Hartline, Lamar Miller...

If those guys make easy catches and get YAC or TDs, we're talking about completely different statistics on offense.

Understood, but that doesn't make RT any better, his placement is bad, this is the same thing we saw with Henne, players have to jump, dive, stop, slide and reach for passes, this creates bad chemistry because there's no continuity to his throws, which also leads to dropped passes, lack of continuity from the QB.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:54 am 

Finster wrote:
Understood, but that doesn't make RT any better

If Hartline catches that deep bomb and takes it in for a touchdown, it doesn't make RT better?

Baffling argument dude...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:59 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
Finster wrote:
Understood, but that doesn't make RT any better

If Hartline catches that deep bomb and takes it in for a touchdown, it doesn't make RT better?

Baffling argument dude...

RT under threw the ball, RT's placement is bad, whether or not players make plays his placement is bad, it it doesn't make RT any better, it makes that player who made the plays better.

To put it simply, whether or not Hartline catches that pass, Tanne's placement is still off.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:01 am 

Finster wrote:
RT under threw the ball

Wow. Get your eyes checked, man.

The ball hit Hartline right in the hands in stride when he had two steps on the defender.

It should have been caught for a TD. End of story.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:02 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Tannehills accuracy last season was pretty good outside of the deep throws. Here's food for thought. Ever since the Bills blanked him in Buffalo last season.... he has been poor in just about any way you can measure a QB.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:12 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
Finster wrote:
RT under threw the ball

Wow. Get your eyes checked, man.

The ball hit Hartline right in the hands in stride when he had two steps on the defender.

It should have been caught for a TD. End of story.

I don't think it's my eyes that need to be checked Rich, the ball was under thrown...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:18 am 

Finster wrote:
I don't think it's my eyes that need to be checked Rich, the ball was under thrown...

Cool story, man.

When the ball hits a guy right in his hands and he isn't slowing down, I guess only you would consider that an underthrow.

Regardless, the bottom line is the ball was right in his hands and should have been caught. There is no denying that.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:25 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
Finster wrote:

Cool story, man.

When the ball hits a guy right in his hands and he isn't slowing down, I guess only you would consider that an underthrow.

Regardless, the bottom line is the ball was right in his hands and should have been caught. There is no denying that.

Not arguing that Rich, Hartline should have caught that ball, but if it hit him in stride he probably would have, but that wasn't going for a TD after he had to slow down, the DB had caught up.

My concern isn't Hartline, it's Tanne, he has the same problems he had in college, you can only do so much teaching when it comes to accuracy, some guys have it and some don't, it's starting to look like Tanne doesn't.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:30 am 

Just saw the play again on coach's film. He didn't slow down and the throw was right in his bread basket.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:44 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
Just saw the play again on coach's film. He didn't slow down and the throw was right in his bread basket.

Yes he did have to slow down Rich, that isn't in question, and while he had to slow down the DB caught up, not sure how you are able to see it differently.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:46 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

hits a guy right in his hands

You're wrong Rich, it didn't hit him in the hands, Hartline totally missed. The ball slid down his chest..lol. Should have been cought.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:00 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Makchell wrote:

You're wrong Rich, it didn't hit him in the hands, Hartline totally missed. The ball slid down his chest..lol. Should have been cought.

Hartline earning every penny. He should go before #17.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:05 pm 

Finster wrote:
Rich wrote:

Yes he did have to slow down Rich, that isn't in question, and while he had to slow down the DB caught up, not sure how you are able to see it differently.

Because I can watch it over and over and over and over...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:05 pm 

Makchell wrote:

It's Tannehill's fault.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:16 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

If I'm Bill Lazor I'm cutting out every headline and tweet that is calling out Tannehill, taping it to his locker and asking if this is what he wants his legacy to be.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:23 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
If I'm Bill Lazor I'm cutting out every headline and tweet that is calling out Tannehill, taping it to his locker and asking if this is what he wants his legacy to be.

I'm all for Lazor being on his a$$ and that's what should have been there Day 1. Instead we got Sherman and Taylor coddling him. Alas, I'm just not convinced how you change who he is as a passer. The comeback/slants on the outside hashes are all he seems to excel at.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:51 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Rock Sexton wrote:
jammer wrote:

I'm all for Lazor being on his butt and that's what should have been there Day 1. Instead we got Sherman and Taylor coddling him. Alas, I'm just not convinced how you change who he is as a passer. The comeback/slants on the outside hashes are all he seems to excel at.

Its not just the accuracy part, its getting him to be that leader the coaching staff said they were impressed with. Getting him to light a fire on his guys...trickle down effect. Lazor gets on him, he works harder, gets on his guys for drops, they focus more...

It sounds good in theory and worth a shot.

He doesn't have to be a stud. Just want to see a guy worth investing in. Right now, not sure at all.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:58 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Finster wrote:

At some point & time a freaking Wr has to make a play on those balls. It was an almost perfect pass & one Hartline should have caught & carried it to the house. I watch other NFL games & the Wr slows up and makes a play & everyone is pumped. Nobody is talking about underthrowing the WR. They connected, because the Wr made the play. Not in Miami though. Miami is the only NFL team where the QB is expect to put the ball in the perfect spot 50 Yds downfield.

I do think Rich is incorrect. I do not believe the ball hit Hartline's hands, but will have to check it out to make sure. Appeared to me it went right between his hands without being touched.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:18 pm 

Dphins4me wrote:
I do think Rich is incorrect. I do not believe the ball hit Hartline's hands, but will have to check it out to make sure. Appeared to me it went right between his hands without being touched.

Well, the pass was in the bread basket. If it didn't hit his hands, that's even more shameful on Hartline's part.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:29 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Rich wrote:
Finster wrote:

And magically he passes the eye test. :hithead:

Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next