All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:36 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

There were some good catches of bad passes also...Hartline made one Clay had one Wallace another.

Hartline should have absolutly had that one. That don't happen often with him.Did read the db got a hand on it..I didn't see a replay.

Quote:
2nd and 7 at MIA 36 (6:47) R.Tannehill pass short left to L.Miller to MIA 32 for -4 yards (P.Brown) [N.Bradham].

This was such a poor read by T hill.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:48 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Finster wrote:
Rich wrote:
Finster wrote:
RT under threw the ball

Wow. Get your eyes checked, man.

The ball hit Hartline right in the hands in stride when he had two steps on the defender.

It should have been caught for a TD. End of story.

I don't think it's my eyes that need to be checked Rich, the ball was under thrown...

You need them checked, you are dead wrong. LMFAO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:09 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

I think the love fpr RT is uncalled for.... Hope is all we have..

If you watch last weeks game, focus on RT, not just the drops, not just the bad throws, but him, his body language, his pocket pressence and awareness etc and you say to yourself, that kid is a gamer... Your Blind...

Just how I see it...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:15 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

If you watch last weeks game, focus on RT, not just the drops, not just the bad throws, but him, his body language, his pocket pressence and awareness etc and you say to yourself, that kid is a gamer... Your Blind...

Just how I see it...

I respect your opinion, and I am starting to see it too. It sucks cause he shows flashes, but inconsistency is the best word that I have to describe him. Being inconsistent means not being a starting QB in the NFL.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:22 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Makchell wrote:

Just how I see it...

I respect your opinion, and I am starting to see it too. It sucks cause he shows flashes, but inconsistency is the best word that I have to describe him. Being inconsistent means not being a starting QB in the NFL.

Yeah, he had some flashes last year for sure.. I was hopeful, and still am... But he needs to step up, and do it quickly.
He plays like this the next two games, and we may as well see what we have in Moore because putting all on RT is looking dangerous..
And trust me, I am not in some fantasy world where I think Moore is the answer either...

:cry:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:20 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

10acjed wrote:

Just how I see it...

I have to agree.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:12 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

You're seeing a young QB who is in a new offense. One he is unfamiliar with. With Sherman, he had been running the offense for 2 years in college prior to the 2 years in the pros. He knew it better than the vets. His indecision, throws off target are based on him being a hair late recognizing which guy is open. I'm going to guess he'll get better over the next few weeks. He has to play fair in the next two games for Miami to win them. The defense will need to carry the day.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:06 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Finster wrote:
10acjed wrote:

Just how I see it...

I have to agree.

He looked a little shell shocked, like he was reliving the sack nightmare of last year.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:28 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
Finster wrote:
10acjed wrote:

Just how I see it...

I have to agree.

He looked a little shell shocked, like he was reliving the sack nightmare of last year.

That may very well be true, good point, he seems to freeze up a little when he finally realizes the pressure, he doesn't "feel" the pressure, until it's too late of course, then he really feels it, lol.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:58 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

We have a pretty mediocre squad coming to Miami this week and we're playing a bad team in a neutral stadium the following week. Week 5 we have a bye and we'll get Moreno, Pouncey, Jones, Jordan and Tripp back. Tripp actually practiced yesterday. Glass half full, we'll be 3-1 and at full strength heading into week 6. Glass half empty, we'll be something less than 3-1 with continuing QB struggles and the focus during the bye will be whether to bench Tanny. We have a very good backup in Moore and it's feasible we could be a playoff team with him starting, but it will be a short lived success.......we'll be right back looking for our future QB.

Unless he turns into a Matt Schaub and starts giving games away, we need to give Tanny this year to develop under the new offense. If not, we're back in 2000, plugging in other teams' backups and trying to hit on some College hopeful with our 1st & 2nd round picks.

Last edited by shularino on Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:58 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

In any case, I think Rich called this one correct. The loss falls squarely on the shoulders of the coaching staff. Moreno's first and only run wa sabout 9 yards. They knew about Buffalo's ability to rush the passer and tried to gameplan into the teeth of the defense? Sometimes, coaching egos get in the way of good judgement. I think this is one of those cases.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:01 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

shularino wrote:
We have a pretty mediocre squad coming to Miami this week and we're playing a bad team in a neutral stadium the following week. Week 5 we have a bye and we'll get Moreno, Pouncey, Jones, Jordan and Tripp back. Tripp actually practiced yesterday. Glass half full we'll be 3-1 and at full strength heading into week 6. Glass half empty, we'll be something less than 3-1 with continuing QB struggles and the focus during the bye will be whether to bench Tanny. We have a very good backup in Moore and it's feasible we could be a playoff team with him starting, but it will be a short lived success.......we'll be right back looking for our future QB.

Unless he turns into a Matt Schaub and starts giving games away, we need to give Tanny this year to develop under the new offense. If not, we're back in 2000, plugging in other teams' backups and trying to hit on some College hopeful with our 1st & 2nd round picks.

I would feel better if they were playing someone reallly good. Last year's track record against mediocre and bad teams isn't so good. How do you beat Cincy and hte Patriots and lose to the Jets at home? How do you lose to Tampa when they didn't have a win half way through the season?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:23 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

shularino wrote:
We have a pretty mediocre squad coming to Miami this week and we're playing a bad team in a neutral stadium the following week. Week 5 we have a bye and we'll get Moreno, Pouncey, Jones, Jordan and Tripp back. Tripp actually practiced yesterday. Glass half full we'll be 3-1 and at full strength heading into week 6. Glass half empty, we'll be something less than 3-1 with continuing QB struggles and the focus during the bye will be whether to bench Tanny. We have a very good backup in Moore and it's feasible we could be a playoff team with him starting, but it will be a short lived success.......we'll be right back looking for our future QB.

And he has given games away...Expected for a young qb. I don't have real issue with that but it's gotta get better... I think he'll be fine in the long term..

But what you touched on is troubling because he is learning a new offense...Now you go and fire Philbin.....It gets messy because now you getting into another system by a guy that owes him nothing trying to make a name for himself......Unless you hire Lazor.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:35 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Kev1321 wrote:
shularino wrote:

And he has given games away...Expected for a young qb. I don't have real issue with that but it's gotta get better... I think he'll be fine in the long term..

But what you touched on is troubling because he is learning a new offense...Now you go and fire Philbin.....It gets messy because now you getting into another system by a guy that owes him nothing trying to make a name for himself......Unless you hire Lazor.

The biggest thing about Tannehill that is allowing to be patient is he reaaly doesn't seem to make bad reads often. Most of the time he throws to the right WR.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:52 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

dolphinjim wrote:

You wouldn't know right if there was no left. LYFAO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:58 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Finster wrote:
dolphinjim wrote:

Do you have an HD TV? You seem to be seeing things differently from the rest of us? If so, it may be time for the eye doc.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:01 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

dolphinjim wrote:
Finster wrote:
dolphinjim wrote:

Do you have an HD TV? You seem to be seeing things differently from the rest of us? If so, it may be time for the eye doc.

You seem to see what you want, and what fits your agenda.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:02 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Jim, chill out. This is an opinion forum. I saw a QB missing throws Sunday, did you? I also saw WRs dropping passes, did you? This is all we are saying, no one is hating or needing eyes checked. So please, with a cherry on top, stop the BS.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:22 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Lets not trend toward 2011 levels of venom spiting at one another.

Its okay to be critical of everyone on the Dolphins. Anything we say here isn't going to make the players execute better. Not worth getting angry about.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:23 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Makchell wrote:
Jim, chill out. This is an opinion forum. I saw a QB missing throws Sunday, did you? I also saw WRs dropping passes, did you? This is all we are saying, no one is hating or needing eyes checked. So please, with a cherry on top, stop the BS.

There are several haters who have their agenda on here about Tannehill. Sure he missed some throws, I am not stupid. But so does every QB in the NFL, every Sunday. This group was mad because they wanted us to draft RGIII or some other crap like that, so they cry and complain after every game. Even after we BEAT NE, these guys complain that some passes were off. It's idiotic.

I am fine with having an opinion, just be able to back it up with facts.

Otherwise, their opinions are dismissed as blind haters.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:25 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Finster wrote:

I have no agenda, I see FACTS.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:58 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

There are several haters who have their agenda on here about Tannehill. Sure he missed some throws, I am not stupid. But so does every QB in the NFL, every Sunday. This group was mad because they wanted us to draft RGIII or some other crap like that, so they cry and complain after every game. Even after we BEAT NE, these guys complain that some passes were off. It's idiotic.

Since you like dealing with FACTS. Who on here said we wanted RG3 or some other crap? So posters want RT to improve on his accuracy and that's idiotic? Now opinions are dismissed as blind haters? I don't your logic Jim. Posters can point out inaccuracy problems, it's an opnion backed up with facts. FACT RT has accuracy issues. No?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:07 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

dolphinjim wrote:
Makchell wrote:

I hate to do it again...I constantly have to smack Jim any time he opens his mouth about our qb.
I don't want to go on a rant here as I have done in various different places...

In short- he lacked intangibles, accuracy, and "IT" his whole life. We drafted him bc we were desperate and the dinosaur Sherman made us do it.

He will be good enough to win 7-9 games show some flashes.
His awareness is sooo incredibly low he wont make the necessary plays consistently for us to ever be a contender with him. Can he win 10 games and win a divisional round game? Probably if Lazor masks his deficiencies and our defense plays well.

There are too many examples of his lack of awareness to go into detail, I don't jhave the time let me give a couple:

sliding short of first down in Jets game last yr
missing deep post routes when the safety is not in play! This is a throw with a 20 yard room for error. you can miss way inside, long, short and inside..He hisses short and outside (where the db is trailing from)
He doesn't know ho to move within the pocket or when to leave the pocket. When he moves its a sprint to the right, no slide in pocket
he has run out of bounds 5 yards short of the los when we were trying to run out the clock!

He was NOT a difference maker in college, he couldn't win the big games there. Then on comes Johnny and dominates on the same team..
I like Tannehill, he seems like a great dude, he is tough, I think he is a competitor. He just lacks whats most important IMO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:09 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

dolphinjim wrote:
Finster wrote:

I have no agenda, I see FACTS.

Jim, please don't start with he makes the right reads. Lazor is spoonfeeding it to him, there are opportunities all over the field... Plus, that's like saying "Well that was good shot selection by Iverson last night. he was always shooting open shots. he went 4-29, but he took the right shots. So all is well"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:29 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I think everyone should "chill". A lot of fans are jumping off the Tannehill ledge after the first two games. Some of us are giving legit excuses as to why we should give him more time this season as he is in a new offense.

Here's how a poll went at ESPN:

I voted "undecided". I think he needs more time to adjust to the new footwork and the new offense.

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:59 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
I think everyone should "chill". A lot of fans are jumping off the Tannehill ledge after the first two games. Some of us are giving legit excuses as to why we should give him more time this season as he is in a new offense.

Here's how a poll went at ESPN:

I voted "undecided". I think he needs more time to adjust to the new footwork and the new offense.

I would still be in the undecided as well, I am losing faith that he can become a legit franchise QB though, for me it's not just 2 games, it's 2 years and 2 games, he doesn't seem like he doesn't know whats going on, as might be expected in a new O, but is still inaccurate.

It's shades of Henne to me, shotgun accurate, not rifle accurate.

Perhaps a benching is just the thing he needs to light a fire...?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:04 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I voted undecided.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:50 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I do not like what I am seeing from Tannehill in year 3. Perhaps it is just the new offense, but his inability to challenge with the deep ball is well-known and our opponents have the film. His accuracy issues are also obvious.

Wallace has never been known for his great hands, but you have to get him the ball when he is open deep! That is his game. Big Ben did it time and again. Is it too much to ask your QB to be able to use the whole field??

This is year 3 and I think Philbin and Tannehill understand it is time to deliver.....another 7-9 +/- 1 game finish is not good enough.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:17 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

It would be hilarious for fans today to watch Bob Griese play. He only threw 10 passes all game. He sucks.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:33 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Bob Griese played when you could mug receivers all day.....and could hit the QB often. He is also in the HOF and won two Super Bowls. He was a leader and the team and coach had confidence in him. Tannehill plays in an era where the receivers run free after 5 yards and QB's throwing over 3500 yards in a season is routine. The coach has so much confidence in him that he ran out the clock at halftime, only down 9-0.

Take a look at where Tannehill ranks so far this year....

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats? ... UARTERBACK

He is even below Henne at the moment and Henne has already been sacked 13 times!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:39 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Bob Griese played when you could mug receivers all day.....and could hit the QB often. He is also in the HOF and won two Super Bowls. He was a leader and the team and coach had confidence in him.
For handing the ball off. Right?

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Tannehill plays in an era where the receivers run free after 5 yards and QB's throwing over 3500 yards in a season is routine.
Still takes two to complete a pass.

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
The coach has so much confidence in him that he ran out the clock at halftime, only down 9-0.
Sure that was him or the entire O. Not catching passes, not running, not protecting the QB. Tanny had not throw an Int nor came close to it.

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Take a look at where Tannehill ranks so far this year....

He is even below Henne at the moment and Henne has already been sacked 13 times!

Do you are anyone want to guess what team leads the NFL in Drops? Does that effect his QB rankings?

2014 Team Drops

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:20 am 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

In case we fail to make the playoffs I already have a 2 page word doc. with excuses. Its rapidly growing.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:30 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Quote:
While it's easy to blame the wide receiver for dropped passes, but partial blame can sometimes fall on the quarterback.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats ... tage/2014/

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:40 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

And throwing behind receivers effects yac and drops.

And now Bob Griese isn't a real hof'er :hithead:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:44 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

slk018 wrote:
dolphinjim wrote:
Makchell wrote:

I hate to do it again...I constantly have to smack Jim any time he opens his mouth about our qb.
I don't want to go on a rant here as I have done in various different places...

In short- he lacked intangibles, accuracy, and "IT" his whole life. We drafted him bc we were desperate and the dinosaur Sherman made us do it.

He will be good enough to win 7-9 games show some flashes.
His awareness is sooo incredibly low he wont make the necessary plays consistently for us to ever be a contender with him. Can he win 10 games and win a divisional round game? Probably if Lazor masks his deficiencies and our defense plays well.

There are too many examples of his lack of awareness to go into detail, I don't jhave the time let me give a couple:

sliding short of first down in Jets game last yr
missing deep post routes when the safety is not in play! This is a throw with a 20 yard room for error. you can miss way inside, long, short and inside..He hisses short and outside (where the db is trailing from)
He doesn't know ho to move within the pocket or when to leave the pocket. When he moves its a sprint to the right, no slide in pocket
he has run out of bounds 5 yards short of the los when we were trying to run out the clock!

He was NOT a difference maker in college, he couldn't win the big games there. Then on comes Johnny and dominates on the same team..
I like Tannehill, he seems like a great dude, he is tough, I think he is a competitor. He just lacks whats most important IMO

Oh yeah?? :tongue:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:24 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Quote:
This is when you can tell who are the classless fans from the humans...

Pretty much Rich and I definitely do not have blinders on and believe Tannehill is taking the Dolphins to the promised land yet, but he does have to start stringing together better consistent games, but a combination of that is the players around him need to also rally around him and play more consistent with him.

When he does put the ball on the mark and receivers drop the ball, it just always haunts the Dolphins. This kid needs more rhythm and confidence during the games is what I see.

I do believe Omar Kelly's point though that Tannehill's QB rating needs to start elevating as grades in the 70's really are unacceptable. The talent is there, no question and it is a darn shame that this tends to be an ongoing debate when it comes to who stays or who goes as QB and ever since Marino left....

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:52 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Finhead34 wrote:
Quote:

Pretty much Rich and I definitely do not have blinders on and believe Tannehill is taking the Dolphins to the promised land yet, but he does have to start stringing together better consistent games, but a combination of that is the players around him need to also rally around him and play more consistent with him.

When he does put the ball on the mark and receivers drop the ball, it just always haunts the Dolphins. This kid needs more rhythm and confidence during the games is what I see.

I do believe Omar Kelly's point though that Tannehill's QB rating needs to start elevating as grades in the 70's really are unacceptable. The talent is there, no question and it is a darn shame that this tends to be an ongoing debate when it comes to who stays or who goes as QB and ever since Marino left....

I would love to know what his precious rating is if the WRs would actually catch the balls that hit them right in their hands. See, Sims, Hartline, Wallace, Clay etc.

About the only one I am exempting is Gibson. He knows how to catch a ball.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:10 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

would love to know what his precious rating is if the WRs would actually catch the balls that hit them right in their hands. See, Sims, Hartline, Wallace, Clay etc.

No debating this, his WRs MUST catch the ball.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:21 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

dolphinjim wrote:
Finhead34 wrote:
Quote:

I would love to know what his precious rating is if the WRs would actually catch the balls that hit them right in their hands. See, Sims, Hartline, Wallace, Clay etc.

It is always 9 other guys fault when a Miami QB is struggling. Has been that way for 15 years except 2008.. the WR suddenly started catching everything that year.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:19 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

dolphinjim wrote:

Mid 90s.

Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next