Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:08 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Rich wrote:
There are two sides to that coin.

How many times have I heard someone on these forums or another forum talk about franchise QBs not making those mistakes or this guy would never do this or that after Tannehill does it.

They aren't watching every game either to make those determinations.

At least in this case, here is a person who did see another game and saw other quarterbacks making the same mistakes.

Just goes to prove that the "every QB makes those mistakes" argument is valid.

Correct. The problem here is fans of a team focus so much on their team. However, when other teams are playing they might have it on, but might be doing something else. Like posting on a MB complaining about their team and not seeing the games nearly as closely.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:12 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

DanRambo wrote:
I would like to see us wear dual Aqua one week. Our White jerseys looked a lot better after they added the flashy numbers. Not like it matters, but, hey...somethin to talk about other than today's game.

All black, and the Dolphin is replaced by a Dolphin Skull with flames coming out of the eye sockets.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:14 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Quote:
Dolphin fans, trying to find ways to feel good about their mediocrity, that's all I'm getting from you with these excuses.

This sounds like a 10 year old throwing a tantrum.
:cry:
Get a grip. Get some reality. Most fans are in the same boat as us. Very few teams are perennial powerhouses. We,re just a team with a chance to make the postseason. Tannehill isnt Aaron Rodgers. Philbin is not Bill Walsh. So why the sky high expectations?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:25 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Get a grip. Get some reality. Most fans are in the same boat as us. Very few teams are perennial powerhouses. We,re just a team with a chance to make the postseason. Tannehill isnt Aaron Rodgers. Philbin is not Bill Walsh. So why the sky high expectations?

He's right though swerve and yes, we should have high expectations. This...is the problem with MIA fans. Excuses.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:28 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Lots and lots of excuses...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:27 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

swerve13 wrote:
]

You clearly don't know what a tantrum looks like. Deflecting this conversation about perennial powerhouses doesn't change anything. Nobody made that argument, neither did they about Aaron Rodgers or Bill Walsh.

But again this is in the excuse makers bible ...... creating EXTREME comparisons to make a mockery of valid reasoning. Our expectations are to not be a joke year-after-year for over a decade now. To be competitive, to actually you know - MAKE THE PLAYOFFS.

Every year it's the same excuses. I could literally pull up your posts over the past few years and they sound exactly the same as they do now. It's always "Wait and see" .... "If we just got this guy" ..... "If so and so wasn't hurt" .... "If this coordinator didn't" ..... "If so and so wouldn't have dropped that pass".

Makes my head hurt really.

Last edited by Rock Sexton on Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:07 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Quote:
Makes my head hurt really.

Haaaaaa! Haaaaaa! Rock! I know exactly what you are saying dude. It is like Bill Murray's Groundhogs Day discussing the Miami Dolphins and the fans woulda coulda shoulda approach!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:52 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Rock, i could pull up all of your whiny crybaby posts for the last 4 years and it doesnt help the situation out. Guys like you would be bitching every week even if you were Bronco or Patriot fans. Its fairweather snd nauseating. Even after wins you byotch. Then why even cheer for this team anymore?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:20 pm 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

The amount of sensitivity in the air is ridiculous. Why can't we just agree to disagree and move the fbomb on. We're gonna win more games this year *Knock on wood*. There are teams in much worse shape than us right now. IDK about you guys but I'm still optimistic. I still hate the jets. Let's just have some productive conversation.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:26 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

DanRambo wrote:
The amount of sensitivity in the air is ridiculous. Why can't we just agree to disagree and move the fbomb on. We're gonna win more games this year *Knock on wood*. There are teams in much worse shape than us right now. IDK about you guys but I'm still optimistic. I still hate the jets. Let's just have some productive conversation.

That is exactly how I feel. Try to look on the brightside. The same old gloom and doom posters get old real fast.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:03 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Easy Swerve, you are taking football waaaay to serious my friend. There is a Brightside, darkside, and the realist side. I'm a realist.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:05 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Ya but you guys go dark side real fast. Its just a little too fairweather for me. In the game chat, its 1st quarter, 17 makes a mistake and its he sucks, we,re gonna lose. Bring in Matt Moore. Its ridiculous.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:06 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The team has been in rebuilding mode forever. The Bills game was such a horrible effort that it did not inspire confidence. Let' see if they can turn it around, at home, against a pretty good KC team.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:17 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Lets just cut them all. They suck

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:50 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

swerve13 wrote:
Rock, i could pull up all of your whiny crybaby posts for the last 4 years and it doesnt help the situation out. Guys like you would be bitching every week even if you were Bronco or Patriot fans. Its fairweather snd nauseating. Even after wins you byotch. Then why even cheer for this team anymore?

I whine after all our team wins? There's more of that patented Swerve exaggeration. I criticize when they deserve it. Just like when I mentioned last year after we started 3-0 that it was fool's gold ...... and of course I got the same shpeel from you then like I am now. "Whhaaaaaaa don't be mean to muh futballs team!!!!1!!!!!"

I'm not fairweather. You just happen to be a guy who's identify in life is tied to this franchise so you'll defend nearly every aspect of it at every cost at any moment. Keep tossing those darts Swerve, you're bound to be right eventually!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:56 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

You are the epitome of fairweather. I love "fans" that take way too much pleasure in making fun of "their team" but there they are celebrating when that team finally wins a championship.
You,re becoming white noise with your anti-Miami agenda.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:27 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

swerve13 wrote:
You are the epitome of fairweather. I love "fans" that take way too much pleasure in making fun of "their team" but there they are celebrating when that team finally wins a championship.

More nonsense. I've been a fan probably longer than you've been alive Mr. Darts in the Dark.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:12 am 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Rock Sexton wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

More nonsense. I've been a fan probably longer than you've been alive Mr. Darts in the Dark.

Doubt it. I've been a true fan for 32 years. I don't waver.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:55 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Ok guy,s just chill out a bit, Swerve and Rock, you both have different approaches to being a fan, there's no reason to argue about that, if you disagree you can debate it without slinging stones at each other.

I respect both of your approaches to being a fan, a fan base takes all types, and on these boards it's what makes for good debate and conversation.

For the reecord, a fairweather fan is a fan who only routes for his team while they are doing good, so neither of you guys are fairweather.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:09 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

so neither of you guys are fairweather.

You guys are actually hard core.

Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2