Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: PFF Week 2 All Stars
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:03 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Quote:
Offensive Tackles: William Beatty, NYG (+3.4) and Joe Barksdale, STL (+4.5)

Bouncing back from a below average Week 1, Beatty was nearly perfect in pass protection, allowing just the single hurry from 46 pass blocking snaps. Barksdale didn’t allow a single pressure on the right side, but also added some impressive play as a run blocker.

Honorable Mentions: Eugene Monroe, BAL and Ju’wuan James, MIA

Running Back: DeMarco Murray, DAL (+3.6)

Racking up 167 yards on the ground, including 88 yards after contact and forcing eight missed tackles, Murray helped power the Cowboys to their first win of the 2014 season.

Honorable Mention: Damien Williams, MIA

Defensive Interior – Ends: Calais Campbell, ARZ (+5.2) and Mike Daniels, GB (+5.1)

Daniels was the more balanced of the two but both made life miserable for opposing offensive linemen in Week 2, with Campbell responsible for nine defensive stops on his own.

Honorable Mentions: Earl Mitchell, MIA

Linebackers: Patrick Willis, SF (+3.0) and Jason Trusnik, MIA (+3.0)

Taking a spot he’s become all too familiar with over the years, Willis made some nice plays in coverage to find himself tied as our highest-graded inside linebacker in Week 2 so far. He shares that with Trusnik who looked very good against the run for the Dolphins.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... ek-week-2/

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

Post subject: Re: PFF Week 2 All Stars
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:05 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Williams had 19 yards...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:08 pm 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Yeah I guess that "great" blocking during the punt block didn't get added in. He only had 5 carries, but during those he breaking tackles and chunkin a good 3-4 each carry. It will be interesting to see how we approach next week with Lamar Miller. I'm sure he will start the game still, but 11 for 46 isn't anything to write home about. He did make a few nice plays, like on a screen on a 2nd and 8 I believe getting outside and running for 11 or so. His ability to fall down irritates me....like Will Davis.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:38 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

DanRambo wrote:
Yeah I guess that "great" blocking during the punt block didn't get added in. He only had 5 carries, but during those he breaking tackles and chunkin a good 3-4 each carry. It will be interesting to see how we approach next week with Lamar Miller. I'm sure he will start the game still, but 11 for 46 isn't anything to write home about. He did make a few nice plays, like on a screen on a 2nd and 8 I believe getting outside and running for 11 or so. His ability to fall down irritates me....like Will Davis.

The thing about Williams, he was making something out of nothing, also had a really nice catch.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:34 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Trusnick and Wiliams?

I've had enough of PFF for a while.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:55 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

DanRambo wrote:

I imagine PFF's stats are just for running, not special teams ... which was a big fiasco.

I like how he ran with the ball with the few carries that he was given. It really is hard to tell how well a back is unless they are starting and getting a number of carries. I remember Lamar Miller looking good backing up Reggie Bush, but it hasn't translated to much now that he is the starter.

PFF's stats aren't the Bible, but they analyze so many parts of the game that you have to give it a credible look.

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ]