Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:14 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Armando Salguero wrote:
The complete list of modern-era nominees for the Class of 2015:

Quarterbacks: (4) – Randall Cunningham, Rich Gannon, Phil Simms, Kurt Warner.

Wide Receivers: (9) – *Tim Brown (also KR), Isaac Bruce, Gary Clark, Henry Ellard (also PR), *Marvin Harrison, Torry Holt, Sterling Sharpe, Jimmy Smith, Rod Smith.

Tight End: (1) – Mark Bavaro

Running Backs: (14) – Ottis Anderson, Shaun Alexander, Tiki Barber, *Jerome Bettis, Roger Craig, Stephen Davis, Terrell Davis, Eddie George, Priest Holmes, Edgerrin James, Daryl Johnston, Jamal Lewis, Herschel Walker (also KR), Ricky Watters.

Offensive Linemen: (23) – Willie Anderson (T), Tony Boselli (T), Jeff Bostic (C), Lomas Brown (T), Jim Covert (T), Bill Fralic (G/T), Jay Hilgenberg (C), Chris Hinton (G/T), Kent Hull (C), Joe Jacoby (T), Jon Jansen (T), Mike Kenn (T), Jim Lachey (T), Kevin Mawae (C/G), Mark May (G/T/C),Tom Nalen (C), Nate Newton (G), Orlando Pace (T), Chris Samuels (T), Mark Schlereth (G), *Will Shields (G), Tra Thomas (T), Steve Wisniewski (G).

Defensive Linemen: (12) – Al “Bubba” Baker (DE), Jerome Brown (DT), Carl Hairston (DE/DT), *Charles Haley (also LB), Jevon Kearse (DE), Dexter Manley (DE), Charles Mann (DE), Steve McMichael (DT/NT), Fred Smerlas (NT), Greg Townsend (DE), Ted Washington (DT/NT), Bryant Young (DE).

Linebackers: (13) – Zach Thomas, Cornelius Bennett, Tedy Bruschi, *Kevin Greene (also DE), Ken Harvey, Clay Matthews, Willie McGinest (also DE), Karl Mecklenburg, Matt Millen, Sam Mills, Junior Seau, Chris Spielman, Darryl Talley.

Defensive Backs: (16) – Eric Allen (CB), Steve Atwater (S), Joey Browner (S), LeRoy Butler (S), Thomas Everett (S), Rodney Harrison (S), Ty Law (CB), Albert Lewis (CB), *John Lynch (S), Terry McDaniel (CB), Tim McDonald (S), Frank Minnifield (CB), Shawn Springs (CB), Troy Vincent (CB/S), Everson Walls (CB), Darren Woodson (S).

Kickers/Punters: (5) – *Morten Andersen (K), Gary Anderson (K), Jason Elam (K), Sean Landeta (P), Nick Lowery (K).

Special Teams/Position Players: (2) – Brian Mitchell (RB/PR/KR), Steve Tasker (also WR).

Coaches: (14) – Jimmy Johnson, Don Coryell, Bill Cowher, *Tony Dungy, Tom Flores, Mike Holmgren, Chuck Knox, Buddy Parker, Richie Petitbon, Dan Reeves, Lou Saban, Marty Schottenheimer, Clark Shaughnessy, Dick Vermeil.

* Denotes 2013 finalist.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins ... rylink=cpy

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:18 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Against this group of LBs I think Zach has a decent chance.

JJ will get in, not sure this year, but he's getting in imo.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:38 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

What we need now is a good does Zach belong in the HoF discussion.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:45 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Finster wrote:

Isn't Clay Matthews still playing?

Also, Junior gets in before Zach.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:23 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
Finster wrote:

Isn't Clay Matthews still playing?

Also, Junior gets in before Zach.

Your probably right Rich, but I personally think that Zach was a better LB than Seau, who gave up as many big plays as he made.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:22 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Quote:
Zach Thomas, Cornelius Bennett, Tedy Bruschi, *Kevin Greene (also DE), Ken Harvey, Clay Matthews, Willie McGinest (also DE), Karl Mecklenburg, Matt Millen, Sam Mills, Junior Seau, Chris Spielman, Darryl Talley.

I was thinking Matthews was still playing.

Mecklenburg
thomas
Brushi/Mills
Seau - best athlete but that's about it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:23 am 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

His dad, who played linebacker for the Browns.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:48 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Dolphin players have a slight advantage, at least 3 of the 46 person selection committee are from Florida. Even though 2 of the 3 cover the Jags & Bucs, there's a good chance they follow the Phins.

For those interested, here's the process..............

Charged with the vital task of continuing to be certain that new enshrinees are the finest the game has produced is the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s 46-person Selection Committee.

The Selection Committee consists of one media representative from each geographical area with a current NFL franchise. If a geographical area has more than one franchise (such as New York City) there shall be a selector for each franchise. A 33rd member is a representative of the Pro Football Writers of America and there are 13 at-large delegates.

The Selection Committee meets annually at the time of the Super Bowl to elect new members to the Hall of Fame. There is no set number of new enshrinees, but the Committee’s current ground rules do stipulate that between four and eight new members will be selected each year. Every candidate is carefully scrutinized and must receive at least 80 percent approval of the Committee at the annual meeting before he can be elected.

Edwin Pope represents Miami...........here's a list of the other selectors........

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/selectionprocess.aspx

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:08 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I definately want to see ZT get into the HOF. However the selfish part of my hopes it happens later, as I want to attend the enshrinement with my son (who is named after ZT). My son is still too young to get anything out of it and I want him to remember it - if we get to go.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:41 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

MissHell wrote:
I definately want to see ZT get into the HOF. However the selfish part of my hopes it happens later, as I want to attend the enshrinement with my son (who is named after ZT). My son is still too young to get anything out of it and I want him to remember it - if we get to go.

I think you may be safe for a couple years, I really hope you get to bring your son when he can understand it more, that would be a really great story.
:yay:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:54 pm 

swerve13 wrote:

I thought his dad was Bruce Matthews, who played offensive line.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:02 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

Thats his uncle, Clay's brother, Clay was a very steady LB that played forever, I've always found it a little funny how Clay III is so injury prone, and his father and uncle were iron men.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:57 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Rich wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

Pretty sure thats his uncle. Clay matthews was awesome during the dog pound days.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:31 am 

Finster wrote:
I've always found it a little funny how Clay III is so injury prone, and his father and uncle were iron men.

HGH.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:17 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
Finster wrote:
I've always found it a little funny how Clay III is so injury prone, and his father and uncle were iron men.

HGH.

That would make sense, since Clay III was like 180 lbs when he was a walk on at whatever Cali school he went to, but I didn't know HGH makes you injury prone, seems counter productive, but it definitely makes sense in his case, his dad played for like 20 years, I'm not sure if he ever missed a game, maybe 1 or 2 here and there.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:49 am 

Finster wrote:
Rich wrote:
Finster wrote:

HGH.

That would make sense, since Clay III was like 180 lbs when he was a walk on at whatever Cali school he went to, but I didn't know HGH makes you injury prone, seems counter productive, but it definitely makes sense in his case, his dad played for like 20 years, I'm not sure if he ever missed a game, maybe 1 or 2 here and there.

Anything that increases muscle mass to the point that your joints and ligaments can't keep up can make you injury prone.

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]