All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:16 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Sammy Watkins is definitely gets my vote (if I had one). Whether you agree with PFF's grades or not, you have to be thrilled with what you've seen with how well Ja'Wuan James is playing for us.

Quote:
1. Sammy Watkins, WR, BUF (+3.1)
It’s early stages and I’m influenced more by his Week 2 117-yard day than his efforts in the opener, but Watkins has that kind of explosive ability that catches the eye and changes the game.

2. Aaron Donald, DT, SL (+5.9)
The biggest obstacle for Donald may be his playing time, with the Rams’ defensive tackle rotation limiting him to 56 snaps through two games. That’s enough time to lead the league in tackles for a loss and have the highest grade of any defensive tackle against the run.

3. Ja’Wuan James, RT, MIA (+4.1)
A lot viewed James as a project, with the impression being he’d take some time to adjust to the NFL. Well it’s so far so good after a particularly strong effort against Buffalo.

4. Khalil Mack, LB, OAK (+4.6)
A tentative debut followed by a justification of why you’d spend a fifth overall pick on a linebacker. Mack hasn’t delivered the kind of pressure you might want to see but it’s showing signs of coming.

5. Bene Benwikere, CB, CAR (+3.9)
This fifth-rounder isn’t a household name but we will be if he manage his slot effectiveness for the Panthers. Through two games he’s allowed 4-of-9 for 37 yards with one pass break-up.

6. Jason Verrett, CB, SD (+3.4)
Was extremely impressive against the Cardinals but his play slipped off in allowing all four balls into his coverage to be completed against the Seahawks.

7. Joel Bitonio, LG, CLE (+2.8)
The Browns intended to move one step closer to building the league’s best offensive line when they drafted Bitonio. So far there’s nothing to suggest they’ve erred in that regard.

8. Anthony Barr, LB, MIN (+2.4)
Hasn’t delivered as a pass rusher but his work against the run and ability to not look out of place on every down means he’s already contributing positively.

9. Calvin Pryor, S, NYJ (+2.6)
Might look a little rough around the edges but has looked particularly good coming up to support against the run. You feel there’s plays to be had both ways against him (good and bad).

10. Justin Britt, RT, SEA (+1.6)
A weakness in their run to the Super Bowl, the Seahawks have quietly upgraded at right tackle and Britt is the reason why. Will need, however, to play better than he did on Sunday if he’s to move up.

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:07 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I wasn't crazy about the pick, I didn't hate it, but thought it was a little bit of a reach, but I've been happy with his play so far, and he'll only get better.

So far I've been very happy with Hickey, he's made some nice looking acquisitions, at least early on, never felt this good about any year with Ireland.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:03 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Good news, the OL needed this. It's nice seeing rookies playing while last year's draft is still a bust except for Davis, he is at least falling all over the field.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:53 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Watkins won't get to play the Dolphins every week.

The James pick is looking good so far......

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:18 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

James plays for Miami. He sucks.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:25 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

After watching the game he did a great job. Williams only got to Rt on a stunt up the middle.

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ]