Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:45 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

This time for drugs.

What an amazing draft choice. So glad we reached for him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... for-drugs/

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:33 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I'm hoping for a conspiracy here. Like, the league isn't happy about reducing suspensions and now they're going around again to see if anyone is still on something.

I dont know man. Its hard for me to be disappointed when we've barely seen the kid play. He could suck actually HA

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:03 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Now I agree with him turning into a bust. Not because of his game, but because he,s a loser.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:22 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

POS...I've been calling him a bust from day 1. Where there;s smoke, there's fire. Thank Ireland....

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:29 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

swerve13 wrote:
Now I agree with him turning into a bust. Not because of his game, but because he,s a loser.

He was doomed to be one when Miami over drafted him. His college career was very mediocre.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:37 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

He is seeking help now that he got caught. How does this happen? WTF?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:35 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Looks like this joker won't be in the NFL much longer and the Fins gotta make plans at DE after this year because Dion Jordan can't be trusted. Honestly Ross should step in and just cut him now. No need for this jerk to be in the locker-room

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:46 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Looks like this joker won't be in the NFL much longer and the Fins gotta make plans at DE after this year because Dion Jordan can't be trusted. Honestly Ross should step in and just cut him now. No need for this jerk to be in the locker-room

Here's thought, I'm sure he has a mental disorder so it would violate some law by releasing him. No seriously, too be honest from the heart, this guy has a lot of baggage from his past. He admitted he has a problem so he has one more chance to clean up and get a 2nd chance. After that, done, oh well. Just my .02.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:48 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Do the Eagles still want him? :haha

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:06 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

A person who has made some bad decisions, I hope he can get back on track.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:20 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

swerve13 wrote:
Do the Eagles still want him? :haha

The one Eagle fan at work really, really, REALLY wants him. I don't get it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:32 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Unbelievable, classic Dolphins draft pick. I sometimes I wonder if we're a magnet to trash.

I would release him now.

We don't need his sorry a$$.

d-1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:40 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Thank you again Ireland....

:crap

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:45 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

How does Philbin let this continue to happen? Why isn't the coaching staff all over this before it happens?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:57 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

bobby0112 wrote:
How does Philbin let this continue to happen? Why isn't the coaching staff all over this before it happens?

You guys recall all the crap we put up with Ricky Williams?

Same sh&^%t, let him go.

d-1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:08 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Youre just reaching if you're going to blame philbin. Seriously is he suppose to keep them on a leash in his nackyard and babysit them? Give me a break

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:17 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

I think with suspensions the player is supposed to have no contact with the team.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:36 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

AQNOR wrote:
I think with suspensions the player is supposed to have no contact with the team.

Yup, the kid is on his own for 4 more weeks.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:11 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Manhattan wrote:
Youre just reaching if you're going to blame philbin. Seriously is he suppose to keep them on a leash in his nackyard and babysit them? Give me a break

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:47 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Manhattan wrote:

Yep, this one is all on Dion Jordan. I would rate him as a draft bust now as well. He's still workable, but he'll need babysitting. I'd put a mentor on him to keep him accountable. And, someone tell Coyle to put him at OLB. What a waste of talent on him and on Coyle.

Quote:
1. DION JORDAN, Oregon (6-6, 248, 4.58, 1) - TE converted to LB in 2010. "He's very athletic, fast, rangy, explosive with a keen ability to bend and accelerate around the corner," Atlanta GM Thomas Dimitroff said. "He can be both a drop guy and a pass-rush threat. It makes him a consideration in the top five (picks)." Suffered third-degree burns over 40% of his body in 2007 when a vacuum cleaner he and his friends were using to siphon gas exploded. "The only negative is his body," one scout said. "He got burned. He went to Oregon because that was the only school that stuck with him. He's the whole package. All he has to do as a rusher is develop an inside move. It's all up the field now." Finished with 121 tackles (29 for loss), 14½ sacks and four "big" plays. "If he goes to a 3-4 team then, yeah, he's the best pass rusher in the draft," another scout said. "If someone takes him as a D-end you're doing a disservice to him by putting his hand down." From Chandler, Ariz. "Compares to Aldon Smith," a third scout said. "Neither one was that strong head-up on guys but as a rusher they're special. I was a little disappointed in his shed stuff against the run. A lot of him was just go get the quarterback. Good swim and club moves. Excellent spin move. Kind of average in drops."

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:45 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Big Dave wrote:
Manhattan wrote:

Yep, this one is all on Dion Jordan. I would rate him as a draft bust now as well. He's still workable, but he'll need babysitting. I'd put a mentor on him to keep him accountable. And, someone tell Coyle to put him at OLB. What a waste of talent on him and on Coyle.

Quote:
1. DION JORDAN, Oregon (6-6, 248, 4.58, 1) - TE converted to LB in 2010. "He's very athletic, fast, rangy, explosive with a keen ability to bend and accelerate around the corner," Atlanta GM Thomas Dimitroff said. "He can be both a drop guy and a pass-rush threat. It makes him a consideration in the top five (picks)." Suffered third-degree burns over 40% of his body in 2007 when a vacuum cleaner he and his friends were using to siphon gas exploded. "The only negative is his body," one scout said. "He got burned. He went to Oregon because that was the only school that stuck with him. He's the whole package. All he has to do as a rusher is develop an inside move. It's all up the field now." Finished with 121 tackles (29 for loss), 14½ sacks and four "big" plays. "If he goes to a 3-4 team then, yeah, he's the best pass rusher in the draft," another scout said. "If someone takes him as a D-end you're doing a disservice to him by putting his hand down." From Chandler, Ariz. "Compares to Aldon Smith," a third scout said. "Neither one was that strong head-up on guys but as a rusher they're special. I was a little disappointed in his shed stuff against the run. A lot of him was just go get the quarterback. Good swim and club moves. Excellent spin move. Kind of average in drops."

The kid had/has? potential for sure... I never liked the pick.. We needed help on offense as well as other areas, was not a wise move to trade away to get another DE..

And now this... I agree, its all on Jordan.. Ireland, Philbin, all these pre draft reports etc.. The kid was going top 5...

And on the flip side, guess we all know where CHip Kelly's guys get the energy for all those offensive snaps...
:headscratch

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:16 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

A little more information on Dion Jordan's drug abuse. It answers part of the question on whether it really is a performance enhancing drug or recreational drug usage.

Armando Salguero wrote:
So as a matter of fact, Jordan had two positive tests. The first was supposed to be wiped clean when the NFL, under its new drug policy implemented this week, issued amnesty in effect to players who tested positive for certain amphetemines prior to March 11. But Jordan was then popped for another test, which picked up a postive for a so-called street drug of some sort.

It must be said that Jordan's family has a history of battling drug abuse. And now he is fighting that fight as well.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins ... rylink=cpy

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:16 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

If he doesn't come onto the field ready to rip someones head off in week 7 then I will be officially convinced he's a bust.

Its obviously his fault for being stupid but its not his fault for being drafted 3rd

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:20 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Big Dave wrote:
A little more information on Dion Jordan's drug abuse. It answers part of the question on whether it really is a performance enhancing drug or recreational drug usage.

Armando Salguero wrote:
So as a matter of fact, Jordan had two positive tests. The first was supposed to be wiped clean when the NFL, under its new drug policy implemented this week, issued amnesty in effect to players who tested positive for certain amphetemines prior to March 11. But Jordan was then popped for another test, which picked up a postive for a so-called street drug of some sort.

It must be said that Jordan's family has a history of battling drug abuse. And now he is fighting that fight as well.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins ... rylink=cpy

Dang Mando! You're gonna just go ahead & sling the family business in there w/o providing a better explanation? Dirty.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:50 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Breaking down the cap numbers, because of the cap hit Miami can't trade or cut him now or in the offseason. It blows up their cap and actually puts them over the cap. There is talk once the suspension is over after Week 6 the Fins will IR him the rest of the year and not play him. Let's see if Philbin, Hickey and the coaches have the balls to do it with their jobs on the line though. But that idea has been reported by some media who were talking to their "sources" last night inside the Dolphins.

Next year, stuck with him again. Best thing for the Fins is if he flunks a 3rd test and gets a year suspension and just goes away. Otherwise you gotta put up with this clown who can't be trusted and he ties up a roster spot.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:31 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

TommyNoleFin wrote:
Best thing for the Fins is if he flunks a 3rd test and gets a year suspension and just goes away.

...I'd say the best thing for the Fins is if he gets his crap together and finally puts it all together on the field. I'd still give the kid a 2nd chance, we can afford it with the defensive front we have. Unless they have inside info that there honestly is no fixing this kid, dumping him off after just basically 2 seasons is mind numbingly unwise to me.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:32 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Well Philbin has gone through this with his owns son so just maybe he is just the coach he needs now.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:50 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Well Philbin has gone through this with his owns son so just maybe he is just the coach he needs now.

Well one of his sons died in the crash and it was reported that drugs were involved. Not sure if you were being sarcastic but if Philbin can't help his own family, he's not gonna help DJ.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:58 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Makchell wrote:

Well one of his sons died in the crash and it was reported that drugs were involved. Not sure if you were being sarcastic but if Philbin can't help his own family, he's not gonna help DJ.

Maybe but i'm sure it is a pretty traumatic issue to him and something he takes seriously......

Edit;

I did a little google search on that..Seems Joe's kids maybe havn't had enough from the whooping stick/log or switch depending on it's pliability
:haha

Just kidding could'nt resist...I mixed him up with Andy Reid's kid actually. My bad.

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]