Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:32 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

RT is like 3-13 passing?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:03 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I would say this was actually his most accurate game in a while. The offense just isn't executing they dropped about 4 perfect passes.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:18 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

the second half was another story. he sucked

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:21 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

When Ryan Tannehill is released or cut, I will feel a lot better.

d-1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:34 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

This is a bad football team. No excuses.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:35 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

dolfan91 wrote:

Explain please

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:43 pm 
Snorton Norton
Snorton Norton

I didn't want to say anything last week when many people were saying not to freak out from one bad game against Buffalo. But now it's impossible for anyone to not see that Miami is still the same team they've always been for years. No drive, no heart to win, no sense of urgency...... and biggest of all, lacking in NFL caliber talent.

Until Miami changes owners or some other huge change that will draw in more talented players..... it's going to be the same thing every year.

Sadly, Moreno was just beginning to make me think Miami had a chance because he clearly wanted to win football games every time he touched the ball. Then he gets hurt on the first play of the second game?

When will Miami start to attract talent or people who want to win?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:46 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Release Ryan Tannehill and lets win with Matt Moore. Ryan Tannehill sucks...!!!!!

Nick Foles is way better than him, get rid of his sorry a$$....!!!!!

d-1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:51 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I'm not sure why this team can't get it together. There was a lot of effort on the field. Tannehill threw well, Lamar Miller had a dominating day running the ball and caught a couple nice passes. They just make too many mistakes. There were probably 5 or 6 dropped passes that were catchable. A couple of holding calls stalled out drives as well. Tackling was inconsistent as defensive players were trying to tackle the ball carrier by a big hit without wrapping them up.

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:53 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Lets not leave out the Hartline penalty after his rare TD that set up great field position that KC turned into a TD. Stupid players make stupid mistakes.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:55 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

To me, the most telling play was the 4th quarter sack strip. It gave the team a chance and the offense promptly did nothing with the opportunity. No drive at all.

The Hartline penalty hurt, but at least he held on to the ball and scored today. He was far from the biggest problem faced by this team.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:55 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Big Dave wrote:
I'm not sure why this team can't get it together. There was a lot of effort on the field. Tannehill threw well, Lamar Miller had a dominating day running the ball and caught a couple nice passes. They just make too many mistakes. There were probably 5 or 6 dropped passes that were catchable. A couple of holding calls stalled out drives as well. Tackling was inconsistent as defensive players were trying to tackle the ball carrier by a big hit without wrapping them up.

I though it was more like the team was playing like they were afraid to lose

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:57 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

No....they were dominated today. Beaten into submission.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:03 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
To me, the most telling play was the 4th quarter sack strip. It gave the team a chance and the offense promptly did nothing with the opportunity. No drive at all.

The Hartline penalty hurt, but at least he held on to the ball and scored today. He was far from the biggest problem faced by this team.

He is simply to weak and gets pushed around & off his routes. He was not the problem, but he is part of the issue. He simply is not good enough at the No. 2 spot.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:07 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

The woeful Chiefs come to Miami and put up 34, while our O can only manage 13. This Team's not good. Phins were 4/15 on 3rd down vs the Chiefs, 9/16. Tannehill was pressured, but he just doesn't look good out there.......he's regressing hard. Defense started out well, but they were on the field too long.

It seems like deja vu.........The Philbin era has all the earmarks of the Saprano era. Once again we'll be doing what we do best........talking about available coaches and next year's draft class in November.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:10 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

shularino wrote:
The woeful Chiefs come to Miami and put up 34, while our O can only manage 13. This Team's not good. Phins were 4/15 on 3rd down vs the Chiefs, 9/16. Tannehill was pressured, but he just doesn't look good out there.......he's regressing hard. Defense started out well, but they were on the field too long.

It seems like deja vu.........The Philbin era has all the earmarks of the Saprano era. Once again we'll be doing what we do best........talking about available coaches and next year's draft class in November.

The words are true.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:14 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Dphins4me wrote:
dolfan91 wrote:

Explain please

He was still overall pretty accurate in the second half. I just don't feel he was making the right reads and a few of the sacks were on him. The coaching didn't help him out also. He just doesn't have that killer instinct and didn't look natural in the pocket today. I'm also a big tannehill supporter but he's starting to make me nervous.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:17 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

dolfan91 wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:
dolfan91 wrote:

Explain please

He was still overall pretty accurate in the second half. I just don't feel he was making the right reads and a few of the sacks were on him. The coaching didn't help him out also. He just doesn't have that killer instinct and didn't look natural in the pocket today. I'm also a big tannehill supporter but he's starting to make me nervous.

It sure would help if we could get him a tall target with good hops and hands. It might also help if every play was not seemingly designed to target Wallace....

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:24 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

FrustratedFinFan wrote:

It sure would help if we could get him a tall target with good hops and hands. It might also help if every play was not seemingly designed to target Wallace....

Noticing that also. Seems Miami is trying to look to Wallace on every throw. Not saying they are, but it seems that way.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:25 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
FrustratedFinFan wrote:

Noticing that also. Seems Miami is trying to look to Wallace on every throw. Not saying they are, but it seems that way.

Clay has totally vanished as well.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:27 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Clay is still injured and it shows

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:29 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator

The Hartline penalty did hurt & quite honestly that was a lame a$$ celebration. I hope he did not hurt himself thinking up that one.
To many drops today. Not Tannehills fault. You want to draft a QB next season, that is fine. BTW ... still want Winston?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:31 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FINesse wrote:
The Hartline penalty did hurt & quite honestly that was a lame butt celebration. I hope he did not hurt himself thinking up that one.
To many drops today. Not Tannehills fault. You want to draft a QB next season, that is fine. BTW ... still want Winston?

Draft a QB and please, let's have an honest competition for the starting job. Let all the QB's work with the 1's.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:43 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

FINesse wrote:
The Hartline penalty did hurt & quite honestly that was a lame butt celebration. I hope he did not hurt himself thinking up that one.

He does not score enough to be trying to think up TD celebrations. He needs to spend more time in the weight room instead of thinking up that stuff.

Yes, to many drop passes. Plays that either would have been first downs or more.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:52 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
FINesse wrote:

He does not score enough to be trying to think up TD celebrations. He needs to spend more time in the weight room instead of thinking up that stuff.

Yes, to many drop passes. Plays that either would have been first downs or more.

At least Hartline has some heart. Given his draft status, spindly size and average speed, I would say he is already working very hard to deliver what he has. Maybe someone moves up to #2, but I am not seeing great receiver play from anyone else on the squad. This team needs a beast at WR. Problem is, we also need LB's, OL, TE and probably a QB....and a head coach.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:58 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

FrustratedFinFan wrote:

At least Hartline has some heart.
What are you basing this on?

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Given his draft status, spindly size and average speed, I would say he is already working very hard to deliver what he has..
Probably so, which is why Miami is in trouble at Wr. They have him at the No. 2 spot and he has to work as hard as he can to just be avg.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:36 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rick wrote:
it's impossible for anyone to not see that Miami is still the same team they've always been for years. No drive, no heart to win, no sense of urgency...... and biggest of all, lacking in NFL caliber talent.

But...but...we are stronger...and TOGETHER this season!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:43 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
But...but...we are stronger...and TOGETHER this season!!!!

The tweets they put out with that are so gimmicky. LOL

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:45 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I disagree with the lack of talent statement.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:20 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

NFLJunkie wrote:

Agreed, the team has plenty of talent.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:38 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

swerve13 wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

Agreed, the team has plenty of talent.

Did not see a lack of talent statement. Anyway. The team has talent. It just under performs.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:40 am 

I wish we can go back into the history of these forums. Yeah the slogan is gimicky but it was loved here when it was released. Hell , a few years ago when a player lost his expensive diamond earing on the practice field & the team helped him look for it , there were posts loving the "togetherness" on this team. The Philbin hiring was also cheered , class guy & all of that was what I remember.
Look , winning cures everything. If your bailing at 1-2 you were never a fan.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:08 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I see talent and I see heart. I do see effort. What I see is a lack of execution and basic fundamentals. Are their heads in the game? Dropping passes and missing tackles is a lack of focus. I see why some players take Adderall.

I can understand the complaints about Tannehill. While I support him and like his toolset, I also do see that he is not pushing the ball down the field enough. He seems to be playing it safe. In fact, the playcalling seems to be very conservative, too. Do they not trust Tannehill? Are they concerned about the lack of time that the offensive line affords him? Is Tannehill choosing the safe pass? What is strange is that they trust him to put the ball in the air 40+ times a game, but most of the plays are dink and dunk plays.

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:22 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Big Dave wrote:
In fact, the playcalling seems to be very conservative, too. Do they not trust Tannehill? Are they concerned about the lack of time that the offensive line affords him? Is Tannehill choosing the safe pass? What is strange is that they trust him to put the ball in the air 40+ times a game, but most of the plays are dink and dunk plays.

Read my pre game analysis of the game. We should have run the ball more. We only had 19 called runs while average 7.2 per carry!

It is downright criminal that we only have 40 runs to 101 passes the past two games.

If this is what we were going to get, we should have kept Sherman.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:09 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Lamar Miller rushed for over 100 yards yesterday.

The problem is Ryan Tannehill can't keep drives alive or sustained to generate more points.

This is a game of momentum and we failed to take advantage of it when it opened up.

Sturgis is killing us and Dan Carpenter is making all his kicks for Buffalo, every time I was hoping for Carpenter to miss a long one, he splits the uprights.

But seriously guys, how long do we wait for Tannehill to bloom...?

When we lose to the Raiders?

I'm telling you, Coach Philbin should sit Tannehill down and try to salvage a season.

d-1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:14 am 

dolphans1 wrote:
The problem is Ryan Tannehill can't keep drives alive or sustained to generate more points.

We should probably get 10 other players on the field if he is the only one playing on offense.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:22 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Rich wrote:
dolphans1 wrote:

We should probably get 10 other players on the field if he is the only one playing on offense.

Well that's not going to happen, we got what we have and have to figure something out.

If this is the approach one is going to take, then expect us to lose the Raiders.

This reminds me so much of the late David Woodley era.

Funny how explosive the offense became when they got a real QB.

d-1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:25 am 

dolphans1 wrote:

Well that's not going to happen[/quote]

Yeah, I guess you're right. Expecting an offense to field 11 players instead of just 1 was a ridiculous idea. Silly me.

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]