All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:29 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

As I'm going to write this, I'll just say I'm a fin for life. However, im just going to analyze some facts. Miami is 1-4 over the last 5 games dating back to last season. They just lost to a KC team that was a walking MASH unit. They lost to a Bills Team that won't sniff the playoffs...what is more, they got blown out because they couldn't stop short passes and the running game.As much as we fault the offense....it is time to look hard at a defense that seems to disappear when they're needed most. The only team they managed to beat was another team who is struggling...the NE Patriots. Outside of the DL, there isn't any unit on this team playing well enough to beat the Raiders next week. When the entire team is lacking chemistry you don't need to think hard about where the blame is. Joe Philbin. They say a team takes on the personality of its head coach.... We'll that would explain the cold, emotion-less play. Lazor, the new OC, is making Sherman look like a run-first type of guy. Coyle gets less out of quite possibly the most talented unit in the AFC. His defenses drove me nuts because they seem to be out of position a lot. This leads to guys flying over out of control to try and get to the ball carrier and then they miss the tackle. If this team loses to the Raiders, Philbin would be fired I'd I were Ross. The larger problem with doing that is neither coordinator appears to be ready to be a HC.
Basically this team did the same thing last year. They beat some very good teams and lost to some very bad teams. It appears that trend is continuing into this year. What that means is another season of under achievement. The early prognosis isnt good. A lot on here will simply say I'm jumping. Maybe they're right, but right now if you're placing your hopes for playoffs on this Dolphins team, youre a very optimistic person. 8-8 is where they will probably land. Just enough to tease the fan base once again fbomb :crap

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:15 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

The Dolphins need to finally wake up and sit Tannehill down.

Try something.

For those that blamed the OL last year, Sherman and so on, who will we blame this season?

We need to stop making excuses and make changes.

d-1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:21 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

dolphans1 wrote:
For those that blamed the OL last year, Sherman and so on, who will we blame this season?

Well the pass protection and offensive playcalling haven't improved... and actually the playcalling is worse...

So there is that.

We only call runs on 33% of our snaps despite having a very good running game. That is idiocy.

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]