All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:02 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Better said Rivers is changing McCoy into a good coach like every good qb does in the NFL.

Yep, see Bellacheat, ATL coach, John Fox, Carrol, ETC.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:28 am 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

swerve13 wrote:
I get sick of people recycling the names Gruden and Cowher every year. If you leave the NFL for more than 2 years, the league has passed you by.

I agree & well said. Stop looking for saviors by name recognition only & do some homework & get a head coach. Gruden & Cowher are now critics. Cushy jobs. Them getting back into the NFL after all these years will do no good. Still bringing up these names just shows our desperation.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:59 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

It used to be a bend but don't break scheme, but last week it broke for big plays. Right now there is a lot of finger pointing from everyone including the fans.

Barry Jackson wrote:
### Though the Dolphins’ defense is third in yards per pass play and ninth in total yards allowed, they are 29th in points permitted per game and 20th in yards relinquished per rushing play. Kansas City bludgeoned the Dolphins for 174 yards on the ground, including 132 yards from backup tailback Knile Davis, on 32 carries.

Of his run defense, Coyle said: “We’re not happy with it right now. We started the year OK. We didn’t tackle very well [Sunday]. We missed a lot of tackles, which enabled runs to break out. There were a number of instances with unblocked player in position to make the play and we didn’t do it. It’s frustrating but we have to get better.”

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-b ... rylink=cpy

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:34 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Quote:
Of his run defense, Coyle said: “We’re not happy with it right now. We started the year OK. We didn’t tackle very well [Sunday]. We missed a lot of tackles, which enabled runs to break out. There were a number of instances with unblocked player in position to make the play and we didn’t do it. It’s frustrating but we have to get better.”

Translation: My defense had the player in position to make hte play but they just didn't. What a horses behind. Mike Nolan should've never been allowed to leave.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:40 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Kev1321 wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:
Lets not forget a Philbin decision to move away from what was working great in Miami when he arrived. Move away from Mike Nolan.

On positive note. Ross/Ireland picked Philbin over Mike McCoy. Oh wait. The guy who appears to be turning Rivers back into a quality starting Qb.

Mike McCoy isn't changing Rivers into anything he already wasn't...Better said Rivers is changing McCoy into a good coach like every good qb does in the NFL.

So why did Rivers fail at making the previous coaches into good coaches?

Maybe it is because McCoy is a good offensive mind who knows how to tailor his system to the players strength.

Look at Rivers numbers the two seasons prior to McCoy coming onboard and get back to me.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:41 am 

Makchell wrote:
Better said Rivers is changing McCoy into a good coach like every good qb does in the NFL.

Yep, see Bellacheat, ATL coach, John Fox, Carrol, ETC.

Um, John Fox had been to a Superbowl before Manning... with Jake Delhomme...

Been drinking too much of that craft beer, it's frying your brain cells.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:51 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

One year wonders don't count in my book. He did :crap after that until Manning came to town.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:54 am 

Makchell wrote:

One year wonders don't count in my book. He did :crap after that until Manning came to town.

So getting to the NFC Championship game two years later is crap?

He has actually accomplished more without Manning to this point than with.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:15 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't John Fox take Denver to the playoffs with little Timmy Timmy?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:16 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Ok, bad example, you win.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:20 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:
Ok, bad example, you win.

It took Tebow.... :haha

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:58 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

It took Tebow

LOL! I posted before I read that, I'm just not getting into a word by word breakdown regarding John Fox. He is mediorce at best. I believe good QBs make coaches look good for the most part, of course their are exceptions.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:58 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

NFLJunkie wrote:
Translation: My defense had the player in position to make hte play but they just didn't. What a horses behind. Mike Nolan should've never been allowed to leave.

I doubt they really had the ability to. Nolan hasn't really spent more than 4 years on any team since Denver back in the late 80's..

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:55 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

You mean like Alex Smith made Mike Nolan, John Hardb.....h and Andy Reid looks likes saints?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:57 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Oooooooo! How about how Trent Dilfer made Brian Bileck lol

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:11 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

10acjed wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

I doubt they really had the ability to. Nolan hasn't really spent more than 4 years on any team since Denver back in the late 80's..

So you hire the Cincinnatti DC who made great talent look average there? Never liked this hire, I was pissed when he stayed after last year. .... even posted Miami would never be more than 8-8 with this guy.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:22 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I believe good QBs make coaches look good for the most part, of course their are exceptions.

OOOOOOOOHH read the entire post!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:49 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Finhead34 wrote:
Quote:
The one thing we know is he's a Ross Guy. He could actually be here before the season's out.

Really?

Ofcourse this is highly highly speculative. I believe a big reason Philbin stayed as HC was because Ross did not see another HC he wanted. If Harbaugh became available, it's quite likely Ross will make a play for him.

As far as Harbaugh, being here before the season's out.........highly unlikely; however, if Harbaugh gets fired before the season's over and the Phins are out of playoff contention, then I can see firing Philbin, naming an interim coach and making a big play for Harbaugh. At first, it could be sort of an evaluation role.......before he takes over.

This is strictly a prediction dependent on many factors..........but if I'm right, I'll offer psychic readings to all Phinfever Members at a reduced price.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:52 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Tack on a military discount too?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:55 am 

NFLJunkie wrote:
10acjed wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

So you hire the Cincinnatti DC who made great talent look average there? Never liked this hire, I was pissed when he stayed after last year. .... even posted Miami would never be more than 8-8 with this guy.

Coyle was not the DC. He was the DB coach. And the one thing that team had was good plays out of their DBs. And our DBs did improve under Coyle from what we had before, but the idiot decided to change the defensive front and we're still paying for it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:40 am 

Finhead34 wrote:
I promoted Kirk Cousins in the off season.

And you're boasting about this? :haha

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:48 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Rich wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

Coyle was not the DC. He was the DB coach. And the one thing that team had was good plays out of their DBs. And our DBs did improve under Coyle from what we had before, but the idiot decided to change the defensive front and we're still paying for it.

I think the problem was and still is Phibin.. Nolan did not want to stay. The candidates list was short etc. Ended up with a DB coach who either wanted to change some things, or was forced to accept that the team had to.

Just remembering all the reports of who did not want a job here... Speaks volumes of how we are viewed IMO..

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:59 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

10acjed wrote:
I think the problem was and still is Phibin.. Nolan did not want to stay. The candidates list was short etc. Ended up with a DB coach who either wanted to change some things, or was forced to accept that the team had to.

Just remembering all the reports of who did not want a job here... Speaks volumes of how we are viewed IMO..

I still maintain they should have made it worth Nolan's while ($$$) to stay. Continuity on defense was more important than the chronyism of only hiring your buddies while you break in an offense featuring a project QB.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:40 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Rock Sexton wrote:
10acjed wrote:

I still maintain they should have made it worth Nolan's while ($$$) to stay. Continuity on defense was more important than the chronyism of only hiring your buddies while you break in an offense featuring a project QB.

I definately agree.. Nolan is a great DC. Much better than what we have.. He has the ability to pick between teams unlike most of our staff..

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:36 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Rock Sexton wrote:

Nolan did a good job running our defense, but it was he who was ready to leave the Dolphins. Perhaps it was because Philben came in saying that he was going to change our defense to a 4-3. That is why he hired Coyle ... to change the defense. Perhaps Coyle left because he didn't like Ross's changes. Who knows.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:38 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
Nolan did a good job running our defense, but it was he who was ready to leave the Dolphins. Perhaps it was because Philben came in saying that he was going to change our defense to a 4-3. That is why he hired Coyle ... to change the defense. Perhaps Coyle left because he didn't like Ross's changes. Who knows.

We know why Nolan left. Ross was unwise in not even letting him interview for the position, let alone offer him a raise to stay because Philbin just wanted his old boy network here.

It's what I hate about coaching and some of these regime changes.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:55 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

I dont know how Coyle fits the good buddy network, he and Philbin have never worked together as far as I know.

Nolan has turned the Falcons defense around... For some of these guys, the challenge is what excites them. Nolan had us in great shape when he parted.

2012:
Quote:
Nolan's numbers are much more impressive. The Dolphins allowed the sixth-fewest points in the NFL (19.6 per game), ranked third in rushing yards (95.6) and tied for 10th with 41 sacks. The biggest question is how to mesh Nolan's preference for the 3-4 alignment with personnel that is built around Smith favoring the 4-3.

2014:
Quote:
All of these guys fit a certain profile. They are 250-265-pound speed-rushers who can play as 3-4 outside linebackers or 4-3 defensive ends. They are versatile players who understand how to use their long arms and quick twitch off the line to break past opposing offensive tackles.

Philbin screwed up.. Should have went after someone who has a good understanding of Nolan's style..
Mike Smith let Nolan build a defense. He just took a 2 year extension, which will put him at 4 years with one team... I got 20 says hes somewhere else in 2016.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:30 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Philbin screwed up..

A lot... :haha

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:31 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Barry Jackson wrote:
### One criticism from some players (but not Cam Wake) about Dolphins defensive coordinator Kevin Coyle is that he occasionally puts Wake in pass coverage.

So how has Wake done in coverage? Since Coyle became coordinator in 2012, Wake has been targeted 11 times in pass coverage, with seven of those completed for 54 yards and two touchdowns.

Wake said he doesn’t mind: “I love it. I’m elite at everything I do. Nothing is a challenge to me.”

How disciplined is Wake? He said he ate one pastry in Paris this offseason – the first non-fruit dessert he consumed in many years.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-b ... rylink=cpy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:03 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Mike nolan coaches the horrible atlanta defense

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:08 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Keep Cam rushing the passer.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:17 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Manhattan wrote:
Mike nolan coaches the horrible atlanta defense

That horrible Atlanta defense is stocked with hot garbage (outside of Soliai) courtesy of Thomas Dimitroff. Most of the money spent on that team has been on offense ($61 million), which is almost twice that of the defense ($34 million).

I honestly don't know what defensive coordinator would be able to have that unit functional on a week-to-week basis considering it lacks talent.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:39 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Atlantas defense doesnt have talent at linebacker but neither did the 2007 giants and they shut down new england. Their dline is good and has depth. The pass rush isntg reat but it doesnt matter because they cant stop the run. They paid tyson jackson, umenyiora, soliai and used high picks on trufant and hagemann
I just dont think some can ever be happy. Coyle ant develop talent...its not that miami doesnt have talent. But for atlanta its nolan just doesnt have talent. I dont think you can have it both ways. Atlanta has some players but nolan doesnt know how to coach a 4-3.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:46 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Makchell wrote:
Keep Cam rushing the passer.

Coyle is a lot like Sherman at times. Since Cam Wake is the best pass rusher in the NFL (so says PFF), he's going to fake out the offense by having him cover a speedy running back. Aaron Rodgers will eat him up if he does that on Sunday.

Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2