Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:12 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Quote:
Alain Poupart Lead Writer Dolphins.com

 cornerback Brent Grimes said. “I’m very proud of him. I always knew he can make plays in the league; he’s done it before. So for him to come out amid all this negative stuff going on and have a game like this, it says a lot about Ryan Tannehill’s character.” ...

annehill’s five pass attempts on the Dolphins’ first drive went to five different players — Brandon Gibson, Mike Wallace, Jarvis Landry, Lamar Miller and Brian Hartline — and that set the tone for a game where he got everybody involved.

The quarterback’s 23 completions were divided among nine players — the five wide receivers on the roster, plus tight ends Charles Clay and Dion Sims, and running backs Daniel Thomas and Miller.

“You keep guys off balance like that,” Wallace said. “You can’t key on one person. Everybody is involved. Early in the game Coach did a great job of spreading the ball around. Everybody had a target maybe on the first two drives. That was great.” ...

http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/artic ... fa4afa6c12

It some games it seemed, to me, that the O was trying to force the ball to Mike Wallace and I did not get that vibe this game. I think that is a positive. Not saying that sometime there may be a need to try and feature Wallace but it seems good to spread it around if you can.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:35 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

AQNOR wrote:
It some games it seemed, to me, that the O was trying to force the ball to Mike Wallace and I did not get that vibe this game. I think that is a positive. Not saying that sometime there may be a need to try and feature Wallace but it seems good to spread it around if you can.

I said before the week started to look for the Raiders to play a safety over Wallace and focus on our run game, leaving the rest of the WR's in 1-on-1 matchups. Unfortunately for them, we still ran all over them and the WR's took advantage of the putrid secondary with Tanny delivering excellent throws.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:38 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

They didn't go to the same ole worn out plays especially on 3rd downs. They also seemed to throw more passes down field than previous games. They gave up 0 sacks and generated a running game. They also only settled for a FG while scoring 4 TD's on offense. They converted 5 of 11 3rd downs and 1 of 2 on 4th down.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:41 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Quote:
#Dolphins Ryan Tannehill: "I’m excited about the step I took and the offense took this week. But we have to build off it. It’s just a step.”

https://twitter.com/JamesWalkerNFL

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:10 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I’m excited about the step I took and the offense took this week. But we have to build off it. It’s just a step.”

We're excited too! Now let's take a stride.

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]