Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:35 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Quote:
By Chris Perkins contact the reporter

The numbers say Green Bay can't run the ball. The Packers are 26th in the NFL in rushing yards per game at 89.6.

The numbers also say Green Bay can't stop the run. The Packers are 32nd, last in the NFL, in rushing yards allowed at 163 per game.

Dolphins coaches say those numbers lie.

"People have talked to me about the numbers and the statistics," offensive coordinator Bill Lazor, "but I trust my eyes."

Still, it seems the Dolphins would be wise to employ an old-school game plan this week — run the ball and stop the run. ...

Lazor isn't buying it.

"I don't put a whole lot into what their height and weight are or what their numbers that they've given up are," he said, "because I think some of those yards maybe came at times in some of those games that maybe they weren't geared to stop the run at that moment. "

Statistically, Green Bay appears unable to handle a dose of old-school football. But Dolphins coaches say they're looking at the game tape, not the stats.

"I think you've got a team that has great momentum and great confidence defensively," Lazor said. "Those are hard teams to beat."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... ?track=rss

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:00 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

If that were a joe philbin quote wed be hearing about how stupid he is butr eally why would a coach say what their gameplan is?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:14 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

"but I trust my eyes."

Not allowed to do this coach. lol

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:33 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Oh man, this guy is going to put together a stupid gameplan against the Packers. I still predict we get blown out.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:50 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Statswise, this Packer defense is the worst run defense of this decade.

Barry Jackson wrote:
### There’s a good chance the Dolphins will be able to run successfully on Green Bay, which is giving up the most yards on the ground (163) of any team since 2010.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-b ... rylink=cpy

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:19 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

If Knowshon is back I stuff him and Lamar down their throats.

If Tannehill throws less than 30 passes, we will win.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:24 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

If we had a better pass D I would say go ahead, but will we be able to keep pace with Rodgers that way.

It all depends on how the game unfolds.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:39 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Finster wrote:
If we had a better pass D I would say go ahead, but will we be able to keep pace with Rodgers that way.

It all depends on how the game unfolds.

Looking at Rodgers' 5 starts this year, he had one shootout with Jay Cutler. He was shutdown by both Seattle and Detroit. He led a comeback (with some luck) against the Jets and took advantage of great field position against Minnesota.

I see a lot of people, not just here, are predicting shootout. If that is the case then Lazor has to go hurry up offense to play to Tannehill's strengths. I'm just not convinced it ends up that way.

I think we'll see a game plan very similar to what they did versus New England. I think Tannehill is in a better spot mentally and expect a simple, efficient performance. The key is going to be the pass rush. Can they force Rodgers to make bad throws? I'm not expecting turnovers but hopefully a lot of punts.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:18 am 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Yours eyes should be telling you that we play much better when we RUN THE FREAKIN BALL!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:28 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Yours eyes should be telling you that we play much better when we RUN THE FREAKIN BALL!

Yep, your eyes and the stat sheet especially the W L sheet...lol. He's throwing up a smokescreen and trying to inflate the Packer's heads so they are over confideant.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:47 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Running the ball also keeps the Packers only hope of a win off the field...Aaron Rodgers and the passing offense. So with that I predict a 70/30 pass/run ratio from Lazor as Miami loses 42-14. On those 15 or so runs...Miami will average 10.2 YPC. RT will be picked off twice, sacked 5 times. Defense will finally bring the safeties up to stop the run. :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:35 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Mike Sherman would think that since the Packers are expecting run, then we'll pass it 50 times.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:30 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Big Dave wrote:
Mike Sherman would think that since the Packers are expecting run, then we'll pass it 50 times.

I'm afraid that Philbin thinks the same way!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:56 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Rich wrote:
Oh man, this guy is going to put together a stupid gameplan against the Packers. I still predict we get blown out.

Rich, I really believe and feel we will win this game, we seem to pay the Packers tough, and I'm predicting a win.

d-1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:43 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

dolphans1 wrote:
Rich wrote:

Rich, I really believe and feel we will win this game, we seem to pay the Packers tough, and I'm predicting a win.

d-1

*Cough*Cough*Rich is using sarcasm*Cough*Cough*

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:15 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Big Dave wrote:
dolphans1 wrote:
Rich wrote:

d-1

*Cough*Cough*Rich is using sarcasm*Cough*Cough*

RAT cost me this game, we get one first down and we easily win this game today.

I am so mad we could have won a game we finally got in "control" with.

Please release RAT or trade him off next season.

d-1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:41 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

d-1

Hey d-1, just a friendly suggestion. Don't take these games so seriously. It is a GAME that we all enjoy and use to fill the voids in our lives until we die. :haha

Step back and realize that Tannehill, after a slow start, stepped up and played well. Time clock management was a problem at the end, and why wheeler was on the field on the last GB drive is puzzling. OUR TEAM played their hearts out and we almost beat an elite team. It's Aarron freaking Rodgers for crying out loud. We can't win all of them and today Tanne was NOT our problem, in fact at times he looked like Rodgers himself. Please try to relax and ENJOY the game which you seem to be so passionate about.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:55 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

madphan13 wrote:

d-1

Hey d-1, just a friendly suggestion. Don't take these games so seriously. It is a GAME that we all enjoy and use to fill the voids in our lives until we die. :haha

Step back and realize that Tannehill, after a slow start, stepped up and played well. Time clock management was a problem at the end, and why wheeler was on the field on the last GB drive is puzzling. OUR TEAM played their hearts out and we almost beat an elite team. It's Aarron freaking Rodgers for crying out loud. We can't win all of them and today Tanne was NOT our problem, in fact at times he looked like Rodgers himself. Please try to relax and ENJOY the game which you seem to be so passionate about.

You could also say that Tanne's horrible play in the first half is what cost us this game, just saying.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:05 pm 

Finster wrote:
You could also say that Tanne's horrible play in the first half is what cost us this game, just saying.

His interceptions only lead to 3 points. So he got bailed out by the defense.

We were leading at the end of the game. Clock management was the deciding factor.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:07 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

We were leading at the end of the game. Clock management was the deciding factor

While his picks didn't cost us, his lack of TDs did. Spin it all you want Rich, but with the way the D played, we should have rolled the pack and blew them out.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:08 pm 

Makchell wrote:

We were leading at the end of the game. Clock management was the deciding factor

While his picks didn't cost us, his lack of TDs did. Spin it all you want Rich, but with the way the D played, we should have rolled the pack and blew them out.

He's also the main reason we got back in the game. Spin it all you want, clock management cost us this game.

What happens in the last 5 minutes of a close game far outweights what happens in the first half.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:10 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

He's also the main reason we got back in the game. Spin it all you want, clock management cost us this game.

What happens in the last 5 minutes of a close game far outweights what happens in the first half.

Cool, we have different opinions, and I'm stewing right now about the loss. The D was lights out while the O sucked in the 1st half. We should have scored more points.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:12 pm 

Makchell wrote:

Cool, we have different opinions, and I'm stewing right now about the loss. The D was lights out while the O sucked in the 1st half. We should have scored more points.

The defense also had an opportunity to end the game on 4th and 10. Actually, they had an opportunity to prevent 4th and 10 if they had fallen on the fumble. They got beat to the ball by a slow, fat offensive lineman.

I get that they were tired because the Packers held the ball for 37 minutes, but they had a chance to win it at the end.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:16 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

We shouldn't have been in that position Rich. The D played awesome, they got worn out and 3 points, 30 yards in the 1st half killed us.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:21 pm 

Makchell wrote:
We shouldn't have been in that position Rich. The D played awesome, they got worn out and 3 points, 30 yards in the 1st half killed us.

We shouldn't have been in that position, but we were and you have to make the right plays and the right decisions when the game is on the line.

A basketball player who averages 25 points a game is worthless if he shrinks during crunch time.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:23 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Rich wrote:
Makchell wrote:

The defense also had an opportunity to end the game on 4th and 10. Actually, they had an opportunity to prevent 4th and 10 if they had fallen on the fumble. They got beat to the ball by a slow, fat offensive lineman.

I get that they were tired because the Packers held the ball for 37 minutes, but they had a chance to win it at the end.

I did not see that at all. The fumbled ball went right to him. That was just luck of the bounce imo.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:24 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I did not see that at all. The fumbled ball went right to him. That was just luck of the bounce imo.

The D played lights out and we are now blaming them. Get the F*ck out of here with that BS.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:25 pm 

AQNOR wrote:

Two Dolphins were there, it did not bounce to him, it was bouncing away from him.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:29 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Rich wrote:
AQNOR wrote:

Two Dolphins were there, it did not bounce to him, it was bouncing away from him.

I don't have game rewind but I don't remember it the way you are saying.

I don't remember him beating 2 dolphins to the ball in an equal contest which seems to be the way you are portraying it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:31 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

don't have game rewind but I don't remember it the way you are saying.

I don't remember him beating 2 dolphins to the ball in an equal contest which seems to be the way you are portraying it.

It doesn't matter, the D held Rodger and Co to 10 points in the 1st half while MIA offense managed 3 points and 30 yrds. The D was raw and championship caliber today.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:34 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

I have to agree that the 1st half O woes contributed significantly to the team loss.

So did some of the coaching decisions imo. Not sure how to weight them yet still thinking about that point.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:36 pm 

AQNOR wrote:
Rich wrote:
AQNOR wrote:

I don't have game rewind but I don't remember it the way you are saying.

Go look at the highlights on NFL.com. Chris McCain and a defensive back had a shot at the ball. The offensive lineman beat them to it. You're way off when you say the fumble went right to him.

McCain falls on that ball... game over. He was sleep walking after the play and got outhustled. And he isn't a regular so tired isn't an excuse.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:37 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

have to agree that the 1st half O woes contributed significantly to the team loss.

So did some of the coaching decisions imo. Not sure how to weight them yet still thinking about that point.

The O woes in the 1st half cost us the game. 3 points and 30 yrds agasint the Pack? All we had to do was score 10 points in the 1st half and we would have won. Imagine before the game and we said we would be tied at halftime, we would be going crazy.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:52 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Rich wrote:
Go look at the highlights on NFL.com. Chris McCain and a defensive back had a shot at the ball. The offensive lineman beat them to it. You're way off when you say the fumble went right to him.

McCain falls on that ball... game over. He was sleep walking after the play and got outhustled. And he isn't a regular so tired isn't an excuse.

Thanks for the heads up about where to see footage. You are right I was wrong about it falling at his feet.

The O lineman did have a clear view of the play as the fumble developed and had momentum going forward towards the loose ball.

You say he out hustled the Phins D. I was wrong and you were right about the particulars of the fumble. I don't agree about the hustle.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:13 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Thanks for the heads up about where to see footage. You are right I was wrong about it falling at his feet.

The O lineman did have a clear view of the play as the fumble developed and had momentum going forward towards the loose ball.

You say he out hustled the Phins D. I was wrong and you were right about the particulars of the fumble. I don't agree about the hustle

We can go back and forth yet our opinons are different. To me, the offense should have scored more in the 1st half. 3 pts and 30 yards is horrible.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:14 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

We shouldn't have been in that position, but we were and you have to make the right plays and the right decisions when the game is on the line.

A basketball player who averages 25 points a game is worthless if he shrinks during crunch time

Shouldn't have to rely on aspect of the game, you realying on the D, they did their job. The O didn't...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:26 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Makchell wrote:

Shouldn't have to rely on aspect of the game, you realying on the D, they did their job. The O didn't...

They did their job while giving up 27 points?

The D started and finished poorly. Allowed the Packers to drive straight down the field & put up 7 to start the game. Then with the game on the line could not close with a 4th & 10. They failed also. Lets not also forget that Miami opened the 3rd with a TD scoring drive only for the D to allow a TD drive on the Packs next possession.

Hold everyone to the same standard you are holding Tanny to. Consistency throughout the game.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:29 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

They did their job while giving up 27 points?

The D started and finished poorly. Allowed the Packers to drive straight down the field & put up 7 to start the game. Then with the game on the line could not close with a 4th & 10. They failed also. Lets not also forget that Miami opened the 3rd with a TD scoring drive only for the D to allow a TD drive on the Packs next possession.

Hold everyone to the same standard you are holding Tanny to. Consistency throughout the game.

I don't agree. The D played lights out. 3 points and 30 yards in the 1st half. The D was comsistant. Rt threw 2 picks and put the D on the field even longer.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:51 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Makchell wrote:

I don't agree. The D played lights out. 3 points and 30 yards in the 1st half. The D was comsistant. Rt threw 2 picks and put the D on the field even longer.

What is preventing the D from getting their own turnover? How many did they have today? Heck how many do they have all yr?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:57 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I'll agree to disagree..

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next