PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:06 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Quote:
The Dolphins Acted Prematurely by Suspending DT Derrick Shelby
Published: Saturday, 11 October 2014 13:12 |
Written by David Blake | Print | Email | Hits: 1114

SHELBY, WHERE ARE YOU?

This will not make me adored by the media, but the Dolphins suspended DT Derrick Shelby prematurely. How many times have we seen a player accused of a crime and then seen the charges dropped because the charges were exaggerated? With the video clip of thug Ray Rice knocking his wife out and dragging her out of the elevator still fresh on everyone's minds the Dolphins dropped the hammer on Shelby without hearing and seeing all the facts in this situation, and I am disappointed. Not only did they suspend him, but they took away his paycheck as well. Could we use him on Sunday. Definitely, but that is not what I am talking about here.

Now, I support our police force as they are risking their lives to protect us. They are the real superheros in today's world of idiocy. But there is no way that a good policeman can get out on the street and see the same crimes committed every single day and not develop an attitude to those who are in the middle of a dispute. No way at all.

Quote:
According to the FBI's Uniform Crime Reports, an estimated 1.2 million violent crimes occurred nationwide in 2011, a four percent decrease from 2010.

A total of 1,501 law enforcement officers died in the line of duty during the past 10 years, an average of one death every 58 hours or 150 per year. There were 100 law enforcement officers killed in 2013.

On average, over the last decade, there have been 58,261 assaults against law enforcement each year, resulting in 15,658 injuries.

And you have a small part of the police force that are just bad cops.

So, what did Shelby do?

Quote:
The cop version (abridged) is that Shelby got handsy with a female bar patron, was thrown out of a club, took a threatening stance, and was beaten down and tased three times to be taken into custody.

To me, America is becoming the place where the media picks and chooses what they deem to be important, puts their spin on morality, and pressures a judgement of guilty before the evidence is produced. Isn't Shelby supposed to be innocent until proven guilty? Why did the Dolphins suspend him so quickly? The only video taken in a world of smart phones is the one Shelby tried to take with his and was not allowed to.

I'm plenty pissed about his suspension and it isn't because we could use him during the game. I think the media and fans just cannot get over Ray Rice knocking his wife out and then dragging her out of the elevator. These are two different incidences, and we've always seen there is another story that comes out about it. The Dolphins reacted too quickly in my opinion.

Let's face it though. Shelby wouldn't be in this situation if he didn't hit the night clubs and drink himself into a fool. I understand that the players need to get out and blow off some steam, but will they ever learn that night clubs are just bad news ... and a place where they can be set up? As Barry Jackson wrote this week:

Quote:
Whereas the Vikings are paying Adrian Peterson (facing felony child abuse charges) while on suspension, the Dolphins aren’t paying Derrick Shelby, who was charged with resisting arrest (a misdemeanor), while he serves his team-imposed suspension, a decision which seems rather punitive and arbitrary considering the case hasn't been adjudicated.

Let's show a little patience and get all of the information first. I think most of us fans who have seen just about everything over the years understands that only one side of the argument was used in this judgement. Let's be fair to everyone.

Image Image Image

http://phinfever.com/index.php/9-blog/8 ... ick-shelby

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:47 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I agree. it's political correctness at it's best.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:53 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:
I agree. it's political correctness at it's best.

Or it's worst, depending on how you look at it, lol, maybe they know something we don't though, giving the benefit of the doubt, but it's not like they've earned the benefit of the doubt.

If they don't know any more than any of us then this is a stupid move, plain and simple, and I wonder if Ross isn't pulling the strings on this.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:58 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

I am not going to paste the comments here because they are graphic, but read this link and you may have a better idea why the Dolphins did what they did so quickly.

"Arrested Dolphins DE Feared VD"

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Spor ... y-Arrested

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:16 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

bobby0112 wrote:
I am not going to paste the comments here because they are graphic, but read this link and you may have a better idea why the Dolphins did what they did so quickly.

"Arrested Dolphins DE Feared VD"

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Spor ... y-Arrested

This doesn't really clear things up, the only new news in here is that he had sex with a hooker that night, which like everything else so far is just allegations, and even if he did, that doesn't warrant suspension.

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]