Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:31 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Quote:
By Chris Perkins, Sun Sentinel ...

•On the decision to go for the touchdown in the first quarter when the Dolphins had second-and-goal from the 1-yard line: "That's something we decided early on. We talked about it as a staff and I told [offensive coordinator] Bill [Lazor] if it's fourth-and-one, or inside the one, we're going to go for it. Period. No hesitation, there wasn't any thought process. ...

•On the decision to punt and not go for the first down, on fourth-and-three from the Packers' 43-yard line, with the Dolphins trailing, 10-3, to end the first half: "I wanted to get to the locker room, keep it a one-possession game. It's fourth-and-three at midfield. The wind is blowing that way pretty strong. I even felt like they might be able to kick it long distance. Their kicker has a strong leg. ...

•On using his timeouts late in the game on defense, one before a fourth-and-10 play and another before the Packers' game-winning touchdown: "We kind of call that Kodak. What we do is we let the offense line up in a specific formation and then we call timeout. One time we called it on fourth down. That was something we talk about. We've used it before in the past. I'm most concerned that our team knows what they're going to do and how we're going to execute the call. ..."

follow up question - so Coach you wanted the match up at the end of the game of the Phins worse LB in coverage 1 on 1?

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... ?track=rss

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:04 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Doesnt matter who is in coverage you cant beat a perfect throw rodgers is a great qb and he rose to the occassion late give him and gb the credit for getting it done. There doesnt always have to be a sacepgoat sometimes the other team just beats you. Miami fought hard if the ball bounces into a miami guys arm on that third sack nobody is secondg uessing anything. It was a fun game and if miami plays that hard all the time not only will they be tough to beat but ill enjoy watching win or lose. Go dolphins!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:30 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

I disagree. If you want to win then you try and put the best people on the field to win.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:14 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

So after a timeout the best they could come up with was Phillip Wheeler when you have a guy like Jelani Jenkins?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:05 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

The point is moot when you have aaron rodgers at the 4 with the game on the line. Hes great and threw a perfect pass. No one couldve defended it. Just like the 4th down play. He had three guys in his face and still made one of the most difficult passes look easy. Like i said if the ball bounces into miami hands on the 3rd down its over but it didnt and gb won. Thats just how it goes. Plus it was a non conference game and in a tiebreaker this game doesnt count for much

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:11 am 

Manhattan wrote:
The point is moot when you have aaron rodgers at the 4 with the game on the line. Hes great and threw a perfect pass. No one couldve defended it. Just like the 4th down play. He had three guys in his face and still made one of the most difficult passes look easy. Like i said if the ball bounces into miami hands on the 3rd down its over but it didnt and gb won. Thats just how it goes. Plus it was a non conference game and in a tiebreaker this game doesnt count for much

If Wheeler hadn't stumbled he could have gotten a hand around or put a hit on the TE and made it a tougher catch. The throw was perfect but there still could have been ways to make the receiver drop it with good coverage.

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ]