All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:35 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Yesterday, the Panthers running game depended on Cam Newton and his 17 carries for 106 yards and a TD. The Pathers heavily relied on the read option that we use as well, not as much as them but we do.

We should go to this more and Tannehill should run out of it more. It also seems that when he runs the ball and gets tackled the rest of his game picks up.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:38 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Rich wrote:
We should go to this more and Tannehill should run out of it more. It also seems that when he runs the ball and gets tackled the rest of his game picks up.

It would be good to see a few designed plays that takes advantage of his ability to throw on the run, too. He is one of the better quarterbacks in the league that does this well.

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:58 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I'd like to see him run more as well. Rodgers ran a lot yesterday, I was surprised at how quickly he will pull it down and take off.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:12 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Tale of two QBs yeaterday. RT looked like Leaf and then he looked like Rodgers.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:01 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

He reminds me so much of the late David Woodley, they had to design an offense to hide his flaws of throwing from the pocket and accuracy issues.

David Woodley is one of two quarterbacks in NFL history (Ken Stabler-the other) to have a career winning percentage above .600 while also throwing at least 10 more interceptions than touchdowns.

Woodley's career record was 34-18-1 (.651) despite throwing 63 interceptions against his 48 career touchdown passes.

d-1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:51 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

dolphans1 wrote:
He reminds me so much of the late David Woodley, they had to design an offense to hide his flaws of throwing from the pocket and accuracy issues.

David Woodley is one of two quarterbacks in NFL history (Ken Stabler-the other) to have a career winning percentage above .600 while also throwing at least 10 more interceptions than touchdowns.

Woodley's career record was 34-18-1 (.651) despite throwing 63 interceptions against his 48 career touchdown passes.

d-1

Yeah, but Shula >Philbin.......by miles and miles.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:55 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Shula was better than Belichick and a master motivator.

He would design teams to their strengths, he worked long ridiculous hours, he expected perfection and what made him different than Belichick is, he did not cheat, and have a commissioner help him cover it up.

Tannehill should have ran more than he did, especially when we needed first downs toward the end of the game up by four.

David Woodley was not a very good QB (strong arm), but he was a great athlete, he took us to a Super Bowl, but I recall always thinking which Woodley would show up, kinda like we see now with Ryan Tannehill today.

http://youtu.be/t_CspFKm1Pk

d-1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:26 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
Yesterday, the Panthers running game depended on Cam Newton and his 17 carries for 106 yards and a TD. The Pathers heavily relied on the read option that we use as well, not as much as them but we do.

Yeah...I watched the end of that game and they really leaned on that read option at the end of regulation. I am amazed that our coaches don't use Tannehill's mobility and speed to advantage. He really is not that great in the pocket, so move him around and let him run and improvise.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:15 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
He really is not that great in the pocket, so move him around and let him run and improvise.

I'd argue he's inconsistent in the pocket. On the Wallace TD pass he hangs tough, steps up and fires a bullet. But on other instances he doesn't feel the pressure or slide around well.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:16 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

It is amazing how little they let him use play action roll outs. Those should be his bread and butter.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:44 am 

New book coming out next Summer...

Square Peg, Round Hole by Joe Philbin

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]