Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:04 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Quote:
By Dave Hyde

"There were a few situations throughout the course of the game, especially the last few minutes - play-calling in the series before, giving the ball back to Aaron Rodgers, calling two time-outs on the final drive ... a few more head-scratchers in Miami."
Who's to blame for Sunday's loss?
Omar Kelly and Chris Perkins on what went wrong in disappointing loss to Packers.

Taylor was surprised the Dolphins in general and cornerback Corland Finnegan in particular didn't handle Rodgers' fake-spike play better in the final seconds.

“Every team I’ve been on – we practiced (defending a fake spike),' ...

2. An NFL head coach said he was "queasy" about playing to win? Every week it's becoming some strange issue with Joe Philbin. Last game, it was how he addressed the starting quarterback position. This week, it's how he said he got "queasy' about passing the ball on third-and-9 with just over two minutes left and so told offernsive coordinator Bill Lazor to run the ball. Not sure which is more surprising - he'd gift-wrap the ball to Aaron Rodgers or admit to being too nervous to make the right call. Philbin said he didn't want Tannehill getting sacked, fumbling and Buffalo winning a year ago. So he coached scared. Lazor had an interesting quote in his presser on Monday about that ending sequence for his offense.

"My first thought was I wish we had made more first downs,'' he said. "I thought when we stand up in front of the offense, and we tell them we want to play to win, play aggressive, play loose, and I think it’s our job to coach that way too. When coach makes certain decisions on how we are going to play the game, then I think the players appreciate giving them a chance to go win the game. We could have started taking a knee two drives earlier and run the clock earlier, but that’s not how you play."

Lazor sure sounded like he was (rightfully) calling out Philbin. ...

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... story.html

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:22 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

We always talk about a QB needing to have a short memory. If Philbin is haunted by that specific play from last year then it is time to move on. How on earth are the players supposed to follow him as a leader?

While I have no idea if he is qualified at least Lazor sounds like a head coach.

If you're going aggressive wouldn't a play action on 1st down make the most sense?

I still can't get over how bad the last 4 minutes of coaching was, especially when your team executed in the 4th quarter and positioned you for a win.

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]